It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if a lot of people on the east coast can't vote because of the storm?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
What is going to happen? I mean, we have this hurricane that is likely to disrupt a lot of things. Is this going to sway the election? Will they allow more time for displaced or disrupted people to vote?

What if we have an earthquake in the mean time? No one can predict what will happen next, but it is possible that there could be an earthquake or something as well in the next few days.
How do they plan to deal with voting in the event of a natural disaster that displaces or disrupts a lot of people?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The authority to postpone elections, while not specifically addressed by the United States Constitution, is thought by constitutional experts to derive from Section 4 of Article I and Section 1 of Article II of the Constitution. These sections read, respectively: "The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Place of Chusing Senators" and "The Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States." These two sections, according to most constitutional experts, imply that the power to postpone elections rests entirely with Congress.

Read more: Presidential Power to Postpone Elections | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

If this hits bad, there is a good reason to postpone the election. I'm sick of people being like it will clear up in time. Does anyone remember how long it took Katrina to "clear up?"

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Isn't the storm manufactured to disrupt the elections on purpose? Ya never know lol

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Yeah, this could be very bad. The elections could be postponed and each candidate is going to really really have to be careful in how they respond to the people. This really could sway people one way or another. If either smart, he is going to cancel all engagements and be ready to "feel the pain" of the common man.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
isnt the Northeast coast where some 3/4 of the USA population resides?

and theyre warning power will be down for up to 10 days AFTER Frankenstorm hits the areas...

thats IMPECCABLE timing for disabling electric sys including voting

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
i should add, what if TPTB have decided since they got away with so much already (9/11, Batman shootings, Libya, Syria, etc).

that they may as well just eliminate the elections for the next 4 yrs and keep Obama in office?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yeah I bet Obama is just going to be bleeding love and sympathy for all the little folks displaced by this storm and he'll have his people write him something clever to say. Then just like the prince, he will come riding in to save the day.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
if lower manhatten is under 10 feet of water, I really could care less, both candidates blow anyway

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
lower manhattan under water?

there goes Chinatown

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsandy
lower manhattan under water?

there goes Chinatown

I just heard an adjustment to the track, it seems to be going further north, and a lot of the walls in lower manahtten are 6-8 feet above sea level, and they are predicting storm surges of 8 - 14 feet

the full moon high tide on monday night will be really really bad

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Politics is a sham anyways.

Let's hope the average citizen is OK.

The rich will be just fine.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
Isn't the storm manufactured to disrupt the elections on purpose? Ya never know lol

Ding ding, we have a winner here. This frankenstorm is brought to you in part by HAARP

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
But who does HAARP want to help win?
Because this could actually hurt Obama if he doesn't play it right. A lot of people could be disillusioned with him.
Of course the same could be said of Romney even.
To me it seems like a lot of people just love Obama and find no fault with him no matter what. But they are in love with a man who is more of a movie star than a president. When their homes are flooded, they need food and electricity, maybe a singing and dancing smooth talking guy isn't what they will want.
Obama surely will never be out of a job, but do we really need a movie star for a president at this time?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Nay nay. More like "Here he comes to save the day"!

Obama postpones the election. Saves the day. Resumes election. Grateful populace votes Obama.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
c'mon folks

is bush emperor for life ?

lol

top topics

join