It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus name PLASTERED all OVER the OLD TESTAMENT!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Good evening ATS,

Just wanting to share something with you all,

the Holy Name of Jesus is literally plastered all over the Holy Bible, there are even entire OT books named after Him and about Him (The book of Joshua)

First, let's establish where the name Jesus comes from,

Jesus means Jehova (YHWH), the Covenant name of the God of Israel, the Father, and saves
Jesus = Jehova Saves, or Yah Saves, or Yahs Salvation, there's a few different translations,

Anytime you see the name Joshua in the Old Testament, an equal English rendition could also translate it to Jesus,

H3091 Yhowshuwa` yeh-ho-shoo'-ah

or Yhowshua [yeh-ho-shoo'-ah];

עשוהי

Those are the Hebrew characters translated Joshua, which is also Jesus name in Hebrew

Deuteronomy 31:23

New King James Version (NKJV)

23 Then He inaugurated Joshua the son of Nun, and said, “Be strong and of good courage; for you shall bring the children of Israel into the land of which I swore to them, and I will be with you.”

This is one of many, many, many OT verses that are a type of Christ, this is alluding to the fact that Joshua, Yahushua, Jesus, will bring the children of Israel (the Spiritual Israel of the New Covenant, aka Christians) into the promised land (Paradise)

So, every time you see Joshua in the Old Testament, know it's not just Joshua, but Jesus that it's speaking of, (although the entire Tanakh is written about Christ Jesus, the Messiah, the original Israelites were all Messianic Jews, only the apostate sect of the Pharisees still call themselves "Jews"),

Zechariah 3 has some of the most impressive Messianic prophecies written, and it was written some 400-500 years Before Christ,

3 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the Angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to oppose him. 2 And the Lord said to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, Satan! The Lord who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is this not a brand plucked from the fire?”

3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and was standing before the Angel.

Remember, replace Joshua with Jesus,

Here is a place in the New Testament where Jesus was translated into Joshua instead of Jesus:

Hebrews 8:8 For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. 10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

Okay, enough with Joshua, next up we have Salvation,

I will delve into how every time you see Salvation in the Old Testament, it is a DIRECT REFERENCE to Jesus, I won't even go into how every time you see Rock, Branch, Redeemer, or Messiah is a reference/type/prophecy of Messiah Yeshua,

I just want you all to see the OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE,

and it is ASTRONOMICAL,

Every time you see the word salvation in the OT, you know what you're really seeing?

H3444 yshuw`ah yesh-oo'-aw

feminine passive participle of H3467;

something saved, i.e. (abstractly) deliverance; hence, aid, victory, prosperity.

What's that? Oh, Yeshua!

Wow, Yeshua is Jesus in Aramaic!

Every time you see Joshua in the OT, it's Jesus in Hebrew,

Every time you see Salvation in the OT, its naming Jesus in Aramaic,

Wow, whatdya know!?!

Genesis 49:18

18 I have waited for your salvation, O Lord!

I have waited for your Yeshua, O Lord!

I have waited for your Jesus, O Lord!

Deuteronomy 32:15

15 “But Jeshurun grew fat and kicked;
You grew fat, you grew thick,
You are obese!
Then he forsook God who made him,
And scornfully esteemed the Rock of his salvation.

Here we have an example of somebody turning away from the LORD God, and also a double whammy speaking of Jesus, the Rock = Jesus, and Salvation = Yeshua, Jesus,

Are any eyes opening?

Is anyone seeing this?

I implore you all, do your research!

Psalm 21:5
5 His glory is great in Your salvation;
Honor and majesty You have placed upon him.

The list goes on, and on, and on, and on!

Salvation, Yeshua, Jesus!

John 14:5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
The Father Revealed

7 “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”

8 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”

9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.

Please people, open your eyes!

God is real, the Bible is His Holy Inspired Word, and Christ Jesus existed EXACTLY as the Gospels disclose!

Here's an explanation for Genesis as well, that's up to speed with current scientific models, accepting Christ does NOT mean denying science!

jandyongenesis.blogspot.com...

Here's another great website: www.reasons.org...

And another biologos.org...

There's thousands of PhDs and ThD's who have written books proving the Bibles authenticity, and billions of people with personal experiences and revelations of the Holy One of Israel,

Ask yourself, do you want to know the One who created you and offers you eternal salvation?

Or will you stick your head in the sand, plug your ears and condemn yourself?

The choice is yours,

God gave us free will for a reason,

God bless us all,

In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,

Amen

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I think your stretching it a whole lot.

I bet if you use your method and look hard enough you could find chuck norris all throughout the old testament.

seriously just replace joshua with chuck norris.

presto

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

Great thread. If you go to the Wikipedia and look up ancient Phoenician, you are reading the meaning of the Hebrews letters from Abraham's time when they were pictographs.

YHVH is Lord, but it was changed to this title. The ancient Hebrew reveals another story. As you show, this is only one perspective based on the frame of reference the letters are examined.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I agree with you, and have studied this for quite some time. In fact, if you do a thorough study of the bible, I believe you can find Yeshua in almost every book, if not all, of the bible. I find it interesting, and I really need to get back to studying (I got away from in depth study) and start looking into the origins or words and root words and such. Anyway, I just want to say thank you for this thread, and even though there will be many mockers and derogatory remarks from people who don't understand or even want to understand, I just want to say to keep studying and sharing. I like to learn, and am always learning from other believers. Peace, to you, and have a great day!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

From Genesis 1 to Revelation 20, every verse is a reference to Christ, somehow, someway

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Deuteronomy 31:23

23 Then He inaugurated Joshua the son of Nun, and said, “Be strong and of good courage; for you shall bring the children of Israel into the land of which I swore to them, and I will be with you.”

This is one of many, many, many OT verses that are a type of Christ, this is alluding to the fact that Joshua, Yahushua, Jesus, will bring the children of Israel (the Spiritual Israel of the New Covenant, aka Christians) into the promised land (Paradise)

Correct, but not just christians. The church began 3500 years ago at Mt. Sinai, but most of Israel rejected God's plan, while there were still a few loyal to God. The church has always been the loyal followers of God, past to present. The first reaping took place 2000 years ago, the first fruits have already been taken and they too were part of the church. It was recorded 2000 years ago the day Jesus resurrected that the dead were raised up and seen in the streets of Jerusalem speaking to their relatives and decendants.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25
reply to post by Veritas1

From Genesis 1 to Revelation 20, every verse is a reference to Christ, somehow, someway

The ancient hebrew characters of the tetragrammaton mean "Behold the hand, Behold the nail" or "Behold the nailed Hand". So as we can see God was showing us even with his name exactly who he is. God is the one we call Jesus.

So whenever someone tells you Yahweh is not his name. They don't know what theyre talking about. Jesus is Yahweh.

Notice the letter t means covenant? The covenant sealed on the cross.

edit on 29-10-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Here's another one from Alice Linsey (a VERY brilliant woman - Christian Apologetic and Biblical Anthropologist) and her blog jandyongenesis.blogspot.com... called Just Genesis,

ca. 4.6-4.8 billion years the Earth formed. Genesis 1 begins with the Earth already formed. The primal substance is water in a chaotic state. The Breath/Spirit of God (Ruach) went forth and established order, separating the waters above from the waters below (vertical axis), and the dry land from the sea (horizontal axis). Here the cross is already prefigured in Geneis 1.

Not only does the Entire OT prefigure Jesus and the Cross, the entire NT reveals it, and nature and the World itself reveal Who Made and Owns it and the creatures that roam it!

Good God Almighty,

It's such a sad thought thinking of people burying there heads in the sand and plugging there ears with there fingers like stubborn children, even in the face of such absolutely overwhelming evidence....
edit on 29-10-2012 by godlover25 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Here's another one from Alice Linsey (a VERY brilliant woman - Christian Apologetic and Biblical Anthropologist) and her blog jandyongenesis.blogspot.com... called Just Genesis,

ca. 4.6-4.8 billion years the Earth formed. Genesis 1 begins with the Earth already formed. The primal substance is water in a chaotic state. The Breath/Spirit of God (Ruach) went forth and established order, separating the waters above from the waters below (vertical axis), and the dry land from the sea (horizontal axis). Here the cross is already prefigured in Geneis 1.

Not only does the Entire OT prefigure Jesus and the Cross, the entire NT reveals it, and nature and the World itself reveal Who Made and Owns it and the creatures that roam it!

Good God Almighty,

It's such a sad thought thinking of people burying there heads in the sand and plugging there ears with there fingers like stubborn children, even in the face of such absolutely overwhelming evidence....
edit on 29-10-2012 by godlover25 because: Spelling

The waters that were above that seperated from the water below was the atmosphere being seperated from the seas.

They don't see God in everything like some of us do. Primarily because they do not want to or they will be held accountable for their actions.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

So in orther word if a person has a title for a name you can attribute anyone using such term for a prophecy of the specific person - fail...

People have. Way of seeing things that aren't there. Please do not give your soul way to a book and. A "god" you never seen.

Even if behold hand nail is Yahweh name meaning that doesn't mean a prophecy. Mant were nail handed when seen as a enemy
edit on 31-10-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Do you honestly think a couple poorly constructed sentences written by a man who's own soul is obviously in poor condition will cause me to lose even a microgram of faith in the Truth and Reality of our existence?

Please, I don't live in fairy-tale-land

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

How would you know if my soul is in"poor" condition? How do you know that you know the "Truth"? You are assuming such things. Even if my spelling is bad what does that have to do with my knowledge? I can see why some people will spell incorrectly maybe they don't want the attention of the self righteous arrogant judgmental folks.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Beautiful post

I've never actually been aware of this. Reading the Bible in English sometimes has its drawbacks because I tend to take things literally (e.g. salvation is salvation; I don't make a direct connection to Christ).

But I bet reading some books will make it a lot more interesting now that I know this.

Thanks and God bless
edit on 2/11/2012 by Yellow because: grammatical error

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: godlover25
Anytime you see the name Joshua in the Old Testament, an equal English rendition could also translate it to Jesus,

That's a HUGE STRETCH .... You are seeing what you want. It's not there.

new topics

top topics

join