It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to wrack up stars and flags on ATS in 10 easy steps: A new users guide

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Don't know how I missed this one DS but it sure had me laughing out loud.
these emoto-cons suck! They seem to have the opposite affect than what you are trying for so in light of that just pretend that I have a little guy on his side laughing in stitches.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I am a bit suspicious of posters that have a high number of stars on their posts (or any other gimmicky stat number).

Why? Because one need only make the most mundane, glaringly obvious posts and be rewarded with a torrent of agreement. Uphold the status quo and claim to be the "voice of rationality" in any major thread, and you can expect upwards of 10 stars on every post. It matters not whether it's some insipid, banal quip that we've all heard a hundred times before. People clearly don't want insightfulness and novelty, they want their (insipid) opinions confirmed and they enjoy being parroted.

Parrot the status quo or some trendy social justice meme and be rewarded. Insult religion and the religious, and be rewarded. Claim to know "science" whilst bleating a cursory, superficial understanding of the topic, gotten from browsing Internet webpages, and be rewarded.

However, hit people with novelty and take them out of their comfort zone (I.e. speak against the mass mimicry) and don't expect anything other than the sneers of smug halfwits.

I see stars, flags etc. as a signal of mediocrity more than anything. Occasionally the stars and flags do signal a good poster, but more often it's just a measure of someone's ability to parrot to an audience.

Such are people in general, though. Can't expect it to be any different here, even if it is a conspiracy website.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Star me, I need to feel important

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join