It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to wrack up stars and flags on ATS in 10 easy steps: A new users guide

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

this is not the way ATS used to be...unfortunately the members that used to bring some very good content and discussion without resorting to the above list....are BANNED...(=/)

The ATS legends are a dying breed...they are either made moderators and slip into the shadows of officialdom and professionalism, too afraid to post as they once did because of the over the top backlash they get....OR they are banned...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Have you ever looked at your post to star ratio and wondered: "What am I doing wrong? I have valid opinions?"

This is bears some discussion. I have not started that many threads because it seems whatever the target is here on ATS, I miss it. When I reply on threads, I think I hold some kind of thread kill record.

I do not think I am doing anything wrong, as my threads (my blogs, my emails, my rants in the car as I drive through traffic) are more cathartic than anything. An outlet. Maybe a way to gauge my environment. A way to see what people think in general in relation to the events going on in the world and perhaps where I stand.

I know my opinions are valid, well, some more than others as my life experiences lend more credence to some subjects than others.

There are many here who cruise through the forums looking for any opening to insert their views. Sometime those openings do not have to be that large either. Tell me you haven't seen threads derail in less than ten reply's? Maybe most of them are like me and do not really grip on the nuances of S&F decorum.

I agree on the S&F bait topics. Zionists? Check. Obama? Check. 2nd Amendment? Check. Is this fuzzy blob in the distance Bigfoot? Check. I saw a demon hover over my oatmeal this morning? Check. I still read most of them. It beats the MSM.

In the end this is all simply discussion. Some education happens but it never gets past that. Do we have an ATS Super-Pac? Do we have an ATS Lobbyist on K Street? Do we even have ATS Super Heroes ala Mystery Men? Attractive coffee mugs and witty banter only affect so much social change. What we need is something like that futuristic boat that disrupts whaling on TV. Maybe an ATS golf cart than chases after politicians with some dude yelling at them with a bull horn. Maybe water balloons. Now that would definitely get a S&F from me

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

this is not the way ATS used to be...unfortunately the members that used to bring some very good content and discussion without resorting to the above list....are BANNED...(=/)

The ATS legends are a dying breed...they are either made moderators and slip into the shadows of officialdom and professionalism, too afraid to post as they once did because of the over the top backlash they get....OR they are banned...

Or they got sick and tired from all the stars and flags from their amateur posts that they no longer feel the need to comment on current threads anymore?

Just a thought

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I am a gal.......but I still can't begin a thread....why not?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Forget aboud it.
edit on 27-10-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

There is a lot of truth to most of these issues you brought up.
1.I am a woman
5.I am a zionist and support Israel
7.I am a christian lady who knows that God is real
9.UFO's are real they are not extraterrestrial,they are inter-dimensional
I am a gun totin',freedom lovin',Bible readin', half-breed granny*

*my mama is a yankee and my daddy was a rebel ,that is why I consider myself a half-breed,I
am only half southerner the rest yankee!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

6) Post a picture of the latest mars photo's, and circle a random rock, claiming it is a hamster. If this doesn't work, a random sunflare video from youtube will do.

Haha almost spit my wine all over my laptop

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Anyone else notice there is no sexy girl avatar users posting in this thread?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You never thought how to not garner staaarrrs! well at least as far as the counter in the left hand column is concerned. Those blue stickers don't always equate to the counter.

edit on 2-11-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lucidclouds

Why has my post been removed when it was only giving an example of something the OP brought to light??

Second line "Can you explain to me how my post was off topic? Because giving an example of the OPs post IS NOT OFF TOPIC!" I hope this kind of BS will be stopped.
edit on 3-11-2012 by lucidclouds because: line

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

I saw a demon hover over my oatmeal this morning? Check.

Hahaha! That gets a star right there because that's my sense of humor

I actually giggled, nicely done sir!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
So what your trying to say that if i had these
I would have more stars than the milky way?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

6) Post a picture of the latest mars photo's, and circle a random rock, claiming it is a hamster. If this doesn't work, a random sunflare video from youtube will do.

C'mon man. Could've left this one out. This, unfortunately, is the only thing left that keeps ATS entertaining.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Post every dumb joke in this section that you can find

Works for me i average at least 5 flags and stars for the jokes i have posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by SpearMint
Or just make a thread about how great Jesus, the USA and guns are.

They don't tend to get as many stars, but certainly a worthy mention. Perhaps we could expand this list.

What if it was an American Jesus with a gun?

You got a star for that one!

I had to clean up coffee I spewed all over my desk!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

11) ..... make me laugh.....I'm a sucker for a good chuckle.

S and F for you!

(
Whoa....I seem to be missing even the empty star on my posts.....must've really irked the star gods!!)
edit on 9-9-2013 by frayed1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
*blinks*

Umm.....a sad testament to how lame the people doing the starring and flagging are

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Just had to give you a flag and star.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join