It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to wrack up stars and flags on ATS in 10 easy steps: A new users guide

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
The ones that make threads about stars and flags are generally the ones that constantly look at those 'stats' and worry about it.. but who really gives a crap? It means nothing in the grand scheme of things..

And the being a girl comment.. never heard so much bs.. the majority of people with the most flags and stars are male.. so kinda blows that theory out of the water..

I've seem females, countless times, make asinine posts or little quips and collect a horde of stars. I use levity or make sarcastic comments about 90% of the time and am never rewarded (although being a Mason hurts too).
It's not because there's something wrong with what the females are doing, it's just many guys on here are pathetic and give stars to her for her avatar or name.

PS I gave you a star for your avatar and name. I'm just oh so smitten.
edit on 26-10-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Loved it..... absolutely loved it.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I have a great idea, I just dont give a crap about other people or their opinions. To busy in my own world if that makes sense?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

I have a great idea, I just dont give a crap about other people or their opinions. To busy in my own world if that makes sense?

Hey man, why so selfish?

Can't we be part of your world too, or at least some of us? I didn't go through 7 years of college to be denied by some internet zombie.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

hi there yes, you wont get much of a rise out of me so your better served moving on.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
zombie's just don't care. unless its brains.
or a shopping mall.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

O you could scan the news papers and be the first to report a story no one on ATS has seen before. >Sometimes I am lucky enough to do that because ATS is not my only news source. I think they are trying to expose members to alternate points of view and interesting news. It isn't a conspiracy against people who post worthwhile stuff. This isn't the thread for The Goonies is it?
edit on 26-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

Hey man, why so selfish?

Can't we be part of your world too, or at least some of us? I didn't go through 7 years of college to be denied by some internet zombie.

Good comeback! Ouch!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
HA! Wow. I didn't expect this to garner any attention at all. I was bored and thought I'd write a funny thread to pass the time and vent a little. First time I've had a thread show up on the home page

Glad most people didn't take it too seriously

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by misscurious
The ones that make threads about stars and flags are generally the ones that constantly look at those 'stats' and worry about it.. but who really gives a crap? It means nothing in the grand scheme of things..

And the being a girl comment.. never heard so much bs.. the majority of people with the most flags and stars are male.. so kinda blows that theory out of the water..

Anyway have a sneaky suspicion the real reason of this thread is just to gain stars and flags anyway

Umadbro?

hahahah check and mate. I tip my hat to you sir.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Wait, are people denying that girls get more attention on internet forums? This is obviously true...I've never seen a girl who didn't have some level of popularity...

It's not that you're going to automatically be the most popular person. But you will automatically get a decent amount of people liking your stuff...cuzzzz idk, I guess guys think they're gentlement if they like what girls say? lol.

This is obviously true...plz deny ignorance. k?thx

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I use to have a good star post ratio like you until I took an admin to the knee.

don't forget your guarantee
edit on 26-10-2012 by HumanitiesLastHope because: the english language sucks

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
zombie's just don't care. unless its brains.
or a shopping mall.

I want to star you but you have a sexy avatar... Is that Rikku or something similar from the Final Fantasy series?
I

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyParadoxicalSelf
reply to post by Domo1

I would prefer we just have a post count and stars/flags were kept private. I think we would see more honest opinions personally. I dislike that the star system seems based around agreeing with people and not what they actually have said.

Great idea. This "system" is new to me as a new member. How would one go about making this suggestion? If "we" all send an email to the owner could this become a possibility?

Not a possibility. People whine about the stars and flags incessantly. If you want you can go to Board Business and Questions and make a post. It will get maybe 15 replies, then be closed. It comes up a lot.

I just ignore the metrics unless someone is posting like a dumbass and then I'll check how many posts they have/when they joined. Stars don't mean anything and the people that only read the most starred posts per page are fools.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Can I get a star cause my "buttons" look kinda like different colored nipples with writing on them?

Can I even say nipples freely on ATS? Serious question I am a newbie.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

Me eleven.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MyParadoxicalSelf

You have to have a certain amount of stars to say nipples on ATS without getting banned. I got my nipple star last week so I'm OK.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I enjoy the star system. Takes me back to my youth.

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join