It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Gotta Be Kitten Me (Toxoplasma Gondii)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Let me summarize try mathematics "kinda"

Humans have a natural FEAR of death (death sounds scary to our "ego")

"Ego" = False Self (who "you" think you are but are not)

"Ego" = "Less spiritual growth"

"Ego" "Feeds off of FEAR"

FEAR prevents "growth"

This is a HORRID summary but I am hoping in this form you may see better what I am getting at

Parasite + Rodent = LESS FEAR in Rodent

Parasite + Human = LESS FEAR in Human

Less FEAR in Human = more spiritual growth

What we call the "powers that be" know FEAR = Less spiritual growth

That is why all you here and see on the news is the terrible things that happen here on earth.

Terrible things = FEAR

Here is an excellent STARTING point for you to find about what "Ego" "might" be.
Remember YOU have the power NOT the Guru
It is already within YOU

edit on 27-10-2012 by MyParadoxicalSelf because: (no reason given)

Ultimately ALL is LOVE

Even the terrible things we read on this website. All is done in the name of Love

That short clip is a good starting point for you to go off and explore.

I wish you the best.

Namaste

Or if you prefer, I honor the divine creator "I" see in you.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SilverWraith

Check out the video when you have the time.

Are you a Pisces? I kid. I kid.

Take care.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyParadoxicalSelf
reply to post by Jakes51

What is making me a bit angry is how the majority of posters appear to skim my first post and then comment.

It is frustrating for me as a new member who took the time and effort to relay something interesting and that hit home for me on a personal level. I also thought my fellow members of ATS would enjoy the subject matter and where it was heading.

So far it looks like most people skimmed the first post and then come in calling me a "doomsday poster". It is obvious those people do not even read or try to comprehend what I am saying. The poster who called me a "doomsday" poster probably read the title, possibly half of first post and commented. I find it rude and quite ignorant of them. This is disheartening to me as a new member honestly. I see this turning into a debate over cat poop, not the discussion I had expected from ATS

Hey there don't take it so hard.I can tell you're frustrated and disheartened by the reaction you've got and I can't blame you either after it's descended into a back n forth over how clean cats are and whether you get toxoplasmosis of their faeces.

I read about this maybe a month ago and found it quite alarming but as the article said meat and unwashed vegatables are a greater risk than any cat so hopefully bearing that in mind we can stop debating the how it's contracted and whether cats are being unfairly blamed as that's completely missing the point of the OP (personally I'm glad that I'm a dog person n not one for cats,they make me sneeze like crazy.lol).

I think you're making some interesting points about the infection and the possible beneficial effects it may have.I also found that very interesting what you were saying about the anti~psychotic drugs making you feel more fearful possibly as a result of inhibiting the parasites normal tendancy to make its host fearless.

I've read this thread from the start,every reply and I'm hoping you will come back to it as I've been waiting four pages to read your take on the Egyptians and their relationship with cats.

And don't be disheartened by some of the replies,don't let it make you wary of writing threads,I thought you were making some interesting connections with some novel ideas that are worth exploring further

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

Thank you for the kind words. Me and SilverWraith have made friends lol I reacted defensively and attacked, not something that was my nature.

My "ego" flares up just as much as the next guy.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Now looking back the "argument" we had actually helped me get the point across.

So thank you again Silver!

Maybe tomorrow night I will work on it more. And look at the Egyptians and Cats, Spiritualism, sphinx etc.

I still feel this should not have been moved to the skunk works!

I had sources quoted and everything,

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well i hope you do return and continue with your thread as i said am interested to hear what you have to say about the Egyptians and their relationship with cats.

I know they mummified them and possibly worshipped them at one stage,i think that was later than the great pharonic pyramid building days possibly in the the tolohmaic period but i may well have remembered that wrong.

Incidentiley do you see the Toxomo parasite as being potentially beneficial to man aswell as possibly harmful ??

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyParadoxicalSelf

Now looking back the "argument" we had actually helped me get the point across.

So thank you again Silver!

Maybe tomorrow night I will work on it more. And look at the Egyptians and Cats, Spiritualism, sphinx etc.

I still feel this should not have been moved to the skunk works!

I had sources quoted and everything,

Skunk Works is speculative. This thread is speculative.

Skunk Works is not a "bad place". People just believe it is.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Skunk Works is speculative. This thread is speculative. Skunk Works is not a "bad place". People just believe it is.
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You are right 100%. I initially thought the placement was calling the "connections" I made "bad". I can now see the moderators (mods) put this thread exactly where it needs to be. I hope you can see my above comment meant no disrespect.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Incidentiley do you see the Toxomo parasite as being potentially beneficial to man aswell as possibly harmful ??

As with anything I suppose it is all perspective.

I do plan on continuing these "thoughts" at some point later down the road. I am also thinking about making a post eventually in the Gray forum about "certain events", however after a few altercations and the reaction my (RANT) thread received from the ATS community, part of me feels maybe this is not a good idea, and I should start a blog or something similar instead of posting my thoughts to ATS. The reaction was surprising for me because I had only hoped to share with the community "I" have been an "observer" of for quite some time now.

If any of my posts anger something inside "you" please understand I am NOT here to show my mental fortitude so to speak. I often try to engage my "self" in a self questioning and hopefully sometimes creative nature.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SilverWraith

Did the above "equations" help you understand the point I was making?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MyParadoxicalSelf

HEY, do not diss skunk works! i look at it like lockheed does, its there "special place" for the good stuff.
anyway i have decided i would not want to change the way i am even if i am under the control of some
parasite (highly unlikely ) i have always been an adrenaline junky! it feels good to push yourself into the
unknown just to feel alive.

and as you say myparadoxicalself there is nothing to fear but fear itself.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MyParadoxicalSelf

What I find most interesting about Toxiplasmosis Gondii and it's pathology is that while the cysts settle in all parts of the brain, they are more attracted to the Amygdala. In rats this creates a 'confusion' of the olfactory response to cat's urine. The area of the amygdala that processes 'fleeing' signals is directly parallel to the area that stimulates sexual responses. The cysts seem to redirect the message pathways away from 'fear' though since the fear receptor still receives some stimulus, the sex receptor receives more, thereby over-riding fear. So the infected rat, when exposed to cat urine, translates the stimulus to mean that the urine actually belongs to a sexually receptive female rat.

Given the higher level of complexity of the Amygdala in human brains, and how that relates to the way in which we humans process 'sexual attraction' we can assume that the infection would manifest itself in an equally diverse spectrum of behaviourisms. And of course, something rats have little to worry about, a whole range of possible emotional outcomes to fuel those behavioural expressions. Personally, given the historical context in which cats entered our daily lives, I wonder what role this parasite has played in exaggerated territorialism.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Pulling this thread up in light of yesterday's shooting. Some say the killer was schizophrenic. I know he had asperger's syndrome. Anyhow this is interesting and another thing to contemplate.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join