It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tuesday 23 rd Oct was close.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Last night UK time we all on earth had a close call with the massive sunspot AR 1598 M- X flare explosion just after Midnight UK time early today, as luck would have it the flare was not earth side of sun, or we may not be on the Internet today, a Japan Sat was however knocked out by a flare at the weekend, these flares on the sun are getting bigger and more often, 3 in one week so it is not good.
On top of this event I got reports of earthquakes in Cal USA, Japan plus 6 Mags downgraded to 5.8 later.
I just hope that Japan nuclear power station keeps up-right in these quakes or we will be in deep,,, well you know what.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
When is the sun supposed to flip? Is it getting worse? Shouldn't the poles flip by now? How long is it going take for it to chillout?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis
When is the sun supposed to flip? Is it getting worse? Shouldn't the poles flip by now? How long is it going take for it to chillout?

Takes my son ages to chill-out after he flips...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It was X1 - not too bad. We even get those Earth-directed without a lot of consequences.

I'd start a thread when it's over X28 AND Earth-directed.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The reason you are seeing increased sun flare activity is because we are approached solar maximum, expected to peak on... dum dum dum... Dec 21st 2012... and before you go there, NO it has nothing to do with Nibiru or Nephilim.
When at solar maximum you could expect to see up to 20 flares A DAY, and we have only been studying this for 30 years... in my opinion, considering the length of sun cycles, and the age of the sun, that's WAY to short to call anything irregular.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

The solar maximum is NOT expected on Dec. 21. where did you get that idea from?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackDog

you're right, I was going by memory. I could have swore I have seen that references as the solar maximum somewhere, but it was probably some nutjob trying to associate it with the mayan calender thing.

I should have done a quick search first... Solar maximum is suppose to happen sometime in 2013. But we are still approaching solar maximum, in February 2013

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

The sun is not actually flipping, just reversing its magnetic poles. This is a process that happens approximately every eleven years. The sunspots and flares will continue to rise until early or mid 2013, until it begins to subside. This cycle is actually one of the least active over the last century. (1)

1. Solar Cycle Prediction

reply to post by Kr0nZ

Solar maximum is not expected December 21, 2012. Please see my above response. From your link, saying 20 flares a day is an average over a six month period. That is kind of important to include.

We've also been studying sunspots and the solar cycles for a lot longer than 30 years. It was first identified in the 1840s, though Galileo was studying sunspots all the way back in the 1600s.

EDIT TO ADD:
You responded to a previous post about the solar maximum while I was typing up my response.

edit on 10/23/2012 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added some text.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have only just had yet another news alert from NASA of yet another big sun spot flare so I can say we are getting more and much bigger, NASA just said we have worse to come, earth radiation if high now.

new topics

top topics

join