It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Presidential Debates Are Nothing But Scripted Beauty Contests

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
In my opinion we haven't had a real elected president since Kennedy, since then the winner has been chosen for us... although I think Ronald Reagan was a wildcard but was soon brought into the PTB fold.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Remember Burr–Hamilton?

Wild days those.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
It really kills me that people around here don't realize this is just bread and circuses. It is to create the illusion of democracy. But while doing that it divides those of us that should be united. Come on now, you think one guy that spends 2 hours in makeup and rehearsing speeches has time to do little else. Little puppets, either way you lose.

you know, i halfway agree with you...but... and this is a big but....what else besides an armed revolution would you propose?? the very nature of our government, makes change exceedingly hard and slow. and don't forget, the majority of people are still doing ok, not great, but ok, and until their finanacial situations change for the worse, you will not get a consensus.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Hi all,

I think you ATS'ers would know by now that there was hardly anything genuine about the presidential debates. They were scripted and every question, even that of the moderator was pre-screened. Nothing spontaneous was allowed to happen, and no subject outside of the status quo accepted subjects were allowed.

Now it's practically proven that this is the case. which makes you think if the presidential debates are fake, what about the whole election process??? Could it be nothing more than a farce??

The Presidential Debates Are Nothing But Scripted Beauty Contests

(and expert from gawker.com which the article quoted)

Both campaigns are terrified at anything even remotely spontaneous happening.

They aren't permitted to ask each other questions, propose pledges to each other, or walk outside a "predesignated area." And for the town-hall-style debate tomorrow night, the audience members posing questions aren't allowed to ask follow-ups (their mics will be cut off as soon as they get their questions out). Nor will moderator Candy Crowley.

gawker.com...

After the examples, the author writes further...

Here then, within this one process of structuring the presidential debates, we have every active ingredient that typically defines, and degrades, US democracy. The two parties collude in secret. The have the same interests and goals. Everything is done to ensure that the political process is completely scripted and devoid of any spontaneity or reality.

All views that reside outside the narrow confines of the two parties are rigidly excluded. Anyone who might challenge or subvert the two-party duopoly is rendered invisible.

What do you all think??? Is the whole presidential election nothing more than a controlled, scripted process???

No, thats all it is. To me, it is like professional wrestling sans the fighting. Put Romney and Obama in spandex, buff them up on roids, and throw them in a ring. It would actually be fun to watch then.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Your are correct, OP...
I've been screaming this for a while now!

Romney-Obama: The Inevitable Puppet Showdown

More Phony Than WWE: Why Romney Won Round One

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
If NO ONE showed up to vote, it would still be by a landslide. Millions of votes would "magically appear out of thin air."

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

What a bunch of snarky ego-blown conspiracy drivel. If all of you "enlightened" esoteric hard-ons would stop wasting time screaming "sheeple" and actually contribute to society maybe we could get somewhere as a species. I understand this is a conspiracy board, but dirt like this should stay on the sensationalist NWO loony-bin where it belongs.

Not everything is some grand scheme. Not everything is some "elaborate trick that goes all the way to the top" or "puppet of TPTB."

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
They're also comedy acts. No, not at all entirely, but why is it that anytime you hear a soundbite from one of the debates or from a campaign event it always will be one of the two making a joke about the other? Literally anytime you hear a soundbite it will almost always be a joke with the audience laughing. I'll tell you why if you've yet to understand. The American public, the majority that will give one of these two a close shot or the win in this upcoming election does not give half a flying.........about their policies, plans, or beliefs. They're not like you, someone who maybe cares about these things. No, no, no, no....they're looking for who is the bigger comedian because this in turn means they find the person more likeable and THAT is what will get you the vote. I'm apolitical, but if you have any sense then you already know Barry is going to win this thing unless something unpredictable happens. Someone better hurry up and let Willard know that if in this upcoming third debate he doesn't pull out his book of jokes then he might as well not even show up.
edit on 19-10-2012 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberLegit

What a bunch of snarky ego-blown conspiracy drivel. If all of you "enlightened" esoteric hard-ons would stop wasting time screaming "sheeple" and actually contribute to society maybe we could get somewhere as a species. I understand this is a conspiracy board, but dirt like this should stay on the sensationalist NWO loony-bin where it belongs.

Not everything is some grand scheme. Not everything is some "elaborate trick that goes all the way to the top" or "puppet of TPTB."

When it comes to conspiracies, it's evident that this is dangled in front of our faces, repeatedly.

This is all beyond obvious, and it honestly just sounds like you are calling the OP out simply for the sake of arguing and nothing more. Some idle and let society pass through their bowels with no questions asked. I suppose people like this have to exist.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I watched the whole thing. It is what it is, great theater! Shakespeare couldn't come up with this, this stuff here, right here, is a classic.

Everything with those boys are scripted.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
.When a 60+ year old womans ONLY and best question she could EVER think of is about ak47s....Instead of medicare social security or someone at least old women care about on a daily basis..you know it was rigged as all heck,

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
It really kills me that people around here don't realize this is just bread and circuses. It is to create the illusion of democracy. But while doing that it divides those of us that should be united. Come on now, you think one guy that spends 2 hours in makeup and rehearsing speeches has time to do little else. Little puppets, either way you lose.

I prefer to call it a 'dog and pony show'

Our vote, when it comes right down to it does not count.
1876, 1888, 2000

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I am so tierd of every four years people say the same thing like,
I'm not going to vote for either one of them.
They both are bad.
He is the lesser of the two evils
It won't make any difference who you vote for the results are the same.

We complain the same way every four years. It is getting so ridiculus. How about WE take some responsibility
for our future. You know the old saying, "Its not what your country can do for you, its what you can do for your country!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

they are just for the kids to have something to talk about and to keep up the 2 party system gang system they have going on.

Electoral votes... your vote means nothing electoral votes mean everything. Just look into how those electoral votes actually work and you will see how stupid you are.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaPerspective

Oh I forgot one, just as was said above, our vote dosent count, lol, OMG.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You all act like America is so bad. Go to a foreign country and live for a while and see how well we really do have it.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by girlofmountain1
You all act like America is so bad. Go to a foreign country and live for a while and see how well we really do have it.

It doesn't matter where you live, it matters how much money you have. If you have money, you'll live good anywhere.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I am pretty sure people are afraid to vote for parties they have never heard of and don't have the time to research of either. When democrats and republicans get anywhere between 90% to 100% of the total airtime on most major news outlets, that in turn paints the picture that these small parties are extremist orientated.

People who voted in the past repeatedly are aware that there are more than two parties in each election, well at least in some states where the small parties have managed to accumulate enough popular support.

The msm(news and polls) purposefully ignore and/or try to paint them in a negative fashion. It directly helps the duopoly maintain its iron fist and most people are too ignorant to know these two parties have enormous vested interest everywhere.

I am not suprised independants and small parties are excluded from the debates on the pretense that you need at least 15% popular support to make sure the debate is not a waste of time. Sure there should be some minimums applied but at least give others a reasonable chance to push their product. If it wasn't for the internet many parties would not even register for the election, that is how narrow focused the media has become.

I posted this in another thread and think it is extremely relevant. Complaining about the debate is good, because first you need to bring attention to a problem, but then secondely we have to sort out the issues by being precise.

OF COURSE IT IS SCRIPTED.....AND LEGALLY SO........BECAUSE IT IS PRIVATE AFFAIR! THROUGH REPEATED IGNORANCE AND APATHY....as is common in this thread(donnnn't vote cause your vote don't count) OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC.

Polls of 600 to 1200 people, where NOWHERE does it include anything OTHER than D and R.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm only shocked that I missed the swimsuit competition.

I have this horrible image of Obama with a navel jewel and Mitt with a tramp stamp on his back with the words; "I forgot your name, but it's nice to see you again."

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by murkraz

Originally posted by LiberLegit

When it comes to conspiracies, it's evident that this is dangled in front of our faces, repeatedly.

This is all beyond obvious, and it honestly just sounds like you are calling the OP out simply for the sake of arguing and nothing more. Some idle and let society pass through their bowels with no questions asked. I suppose people like this have to exist.

Or maybe people entertain notions of a higher power, esoteric meaning, and research it days on end only to find that it is all bull#. Those are the the real heroes, the people that don't replace one 'illusion' with one just as silly and ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join