It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Presidential Debates Are Nothing But Scripted Beauty Contests

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by QuestionsEverything

You should post more often, as it would make this place a little more pleasurable reading.It's so obvious at this point it's rather pathetic.I don't know what's more unsettling. The ones manufacturing this sad little charade, or the ones continuously buying into it as if it had any bearing on world and country affairs.Enjoy the election. I'm sure four years from now the world will be much improved.I'll even go out on a limb. Regardless of who gets "elected" four years from now it'll be exactly the same. Poor healthcare, poor education, poor unemployment numbers, poor infrastructure, still involved in conflicts in the ME, high incarceration rates per capita, and a continuing larger and larger gap between the rich and poor.Remember this thread, and if I'm wrong I'll be more than happy to eat crow on any of the issues if they improve somewhat. Let's say education top 10 worldwide, infrastructure top 10, unemployment under 6.5%, no combat operations in the ME. Incarceration rate per capita? I'd be amazed if it dropped by 1%, but I wouldn't hold my breath even on an improvement on that one.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

The worst part is seeing friends, that are highly intelligent in most aspects, continue drinking the Kool-Aid and talking about " If d-bag # 1 gets elected everything will spin on a dime and the universe will be set right."

It's sad watching your family and friends being successfully propagandized and brainwashed into thinking that November 5th holds any actual meaning.

At least we have front row seats to the decline of a superpower.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well this is why Ron Paul did not get the nomination, I know he is brought up in almost every political discussion but it helps prove the point... He was that spontaneous guy that couldn't be controlled by the higher ups and that's why he was taken out of the race, actually the way they did it was so blatantly obvious and only furthered the notion that the people have no control over the way elections go and who is chosen to run the country next....

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by phillyhemp
If you don't know that its all B.S. by now, then I'm surprised you found your way onto this site. Big Bird, Binders of Women, blah, blah, blah. We are trillions in debt. Let's talk about that!

I didn't spend that money, they did. Let the government pay for it. They can afford it, obviously. Look at how each of them, to a man, are multimillionaires.

We are not in debt. They are. It means less than zero to me.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The day a politician orates without a piece of paper or teleprompter in front of them or by simply diverting to rote rhetoric, will be the day I vote for them.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
We're all really the minority. We know reality. Most of us have awakened. We're not thinking inside the box, the prison cell. We're free, we know what's going on. So who cares who wins. At least we're part of the fortunate few who know the truth and are not in some hypnotic zombie like trance. So give yourself a pat on the back ha ha. I just hope more people snap out of it already!

Fair elections, give me a freakin break. It's all fake! Completely fake! Your vote means nothing. It's already decided who's gonna win and the voting machines will ensure it happens the way they want it to.

Not just the elections but all of it! all the lies that MSM has brainwashed us to believe. The simple rule of thumb is that any major establishment in society is an arm of TPTB and they're designed to ruin your life! Stay away from all of them, or as many as you possibly can. That means hospitals, banks, public schools, big pharma, political, courts, MSM, etc etc etc.

They're all designed to ruin your life, to enslave you, make you sick, control you, rob you blind, put you in debt, It's total madness. You want an easy life, just stay away from all of them at all cost. I just wish I knew some of these like 15 years ago. I just can't believe the damage these establishments have done in my life. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger so I'm glad for the life lessons. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

edit on 19-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Couldnt agree more with this assessment. I hope some day people will brighten up and demand something more authentic, spontaneous and honest.

I`ll vote for the first person who admits "Im sorry, I dont have all the answers". That would be more real than two dull talking head puppets pretending to be in command of everything.

edit on 19-10-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
The lack of original, intelligent, creative thought is what is stunning. They dont dare say anything which might make the dumbed down populace feel unsafe. They`ll stick to an extremely narrow funnel of talking points such as "raising taxes" or "lowering taxes" and other "safe ideas".

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by promenion
I'll vote for Obama, because it will be my first time voting and the reason why Obama and not Romney is because Healthcare needs to change in the USA, I believe all US Citizens should have affordable/low cost healthcare that will cover all their visits, especially any surgeries etc. and people cannot be denied or let go of insurance because they are "too sick". We need to join the rest of the world. In the USA only the rich have the privilege to be insured, I believe everyone should and will vote for Obama-Care.

You talk as if Obamacare will be that much different from Massachusetts Romneycare.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Come on of course its scripted I dont even know why we vote any more. Look at how many past presidents have run for 8 years. Plain & simple Obama Will be President and he knows it.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
If you listen to their answers to questions they say the same thing and blame each other for not doing it. Since the fifties we have gone from one guy taking care of four kids and working and having the means to pay for everything with one job while the wife stayed home and took care of the kids. Since then Democrats and Republicans have ruined America. We have to have two parents working two jobs each to raise one kid and afford a home. How has either party done anything for America? Answer me that. Today you have the ILLUSION of choice. It doesn't matter no matter how you vote because corporations and their lobbyists rule this country. My generation no longer has hope that's why we don't vote, we know were screwed so why play the game? What difference will it make? Really? It's really laughable when my older conservative relatives bitch about me not voting, nothing will make a difference. If it makes you feel "Democratic and Dutiful" to vote go ahead. But look at that statement above. What has either party done for US? Sent us down a slow slope of crap and you mindless morons keep voting for the same jerkwads that ruin this country. Go for it. Whatever makes you happy.

Ron Paul was the ONLY canidate that told you the truth and the sheeple listened to all the news networks and listened to the brainwashing that said he was unelectable. It's sad to see how stupid and brainwashed the US is and even more disgraceful that our news agencies are bought and paid for by the same lobbyists and corporations that control our government.
edit on 19-10-2012 by ceranko because: More Statement needed

edit on 19-10-2012 by ceranko because: spelling error

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by promenion
I'll vote for Obama, because it will be my first time voting and the reason why Obama and not Romney is because Healthcare needs to change in the USA, I believe all US Citizens should have affordable/low cost healthcare that will cover all their visits, especially any surgeries etc. and people cannot be denied or let go of insurance because they are "too sick". We need to join the rest of the world. In the USA only the rich have the privilege to be insured, I believe everyone should and will vote for Obama-Care.

You talk as if Obamacare will be that much different from Massachusetts Romneycare.

I have no idea about the Massachusetts Romney-Care. I only know one thing, my dad is couple years away from retirement, last couple of years his insurance doubled in price, he had a hernia surgery and one surgery (small one) on his foot, insurance price increased again, so he closed the account because price was just unbelievably high. He tried to sign up for another private insurance and we filled all appropriate forms, he got denied because he was "too sick" last couple of years, you know visited the doctor "too many times". So, my father, who is still working and worked hard all his life (like many of our fathers), now is denied health insurance?? What kind of a country are We living in? They make insurance so expensive and out of reach for people that actually need it and use it. Mind as well die when we get older. Romney? He will not change a thing, his rich, rich enjoy health care. Obama Care, well, I hope it changes something so people like my dad can go and visit a doctor and NOT pay $300 just for saying "hi" to him.
edit on 19-10-2012 by promenion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

What do you all think??? Is the whole presidential election nothing more than a controlled, scripted process???

You are absolutely correct. The only feature missing from these debates is the swim suite competition. It so smacks of the question so often asked in beauty competitions, where we get blonde answers to "How would you change the world?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
One thing in particular has been bothering me about the last debate and I suppose this is the best thread to mention this in.

Why were the candidates wearing the wrong colored ties?
Obama should've had on a blue tie because he's a demoncrat, while Romney should've had on a red tie because he's a repukeblican. Yet, Obama was wearing a red tie, while Romney sported a blue tie.

This was obviously coordinated ahead of time because it would've been disasterous had they both shown up wearing the same color tie.
Was this done to see if people are really just choosing who they're going to vote for because of the color they're wearing? Were they trying to see if this would change the poll results? Was it done to confuse those who haven't been following from the get go? Anybody have any other suggestions that might make sense for why this was done?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I noticed this too and even mentioned it to the person watching the debate with me. Some sort of subliminal?

It actually kinda freaked me out, like it was a vote for the other guys team.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

It actually kinda freaked me out

Me, too!
I also mentioned this to my friend watching the debate with me while they were focused on Candy. He replied saying, "Yeah, blue for democrat and red for republican." He hadn't even noticed the reversal until they showed the candidates again and he was just as shocked as I was. I've never seen any demo/repub rep (anyone, not just pres runners) wearing the opposing party's color. This is very significant in my opinion. Afterall, would a Blood go into Crypt territory wearing their color?

As the saying goes, two parties, one agenda. I guess the subliminal is that it doesn't matter what party wins, we're going to get served the same shyte.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Scripted beauty contests?
Yep. But it's a beauty contest between two pigs wearing lipstick.

reply to post by grobi77

OMG Southpark! And so accurate.
That's gotta' be the best post I've seen on this site in a heck of a long time!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

The Presidential Debates Are Nothing But Scripted Beauty Contests

What do you all think??? Is the whole presidential election nothing more than a controlled, scripted process???

The first political thread I actually took the time to read.

100% agreed it's all Hollywoodish smoke and mirrors, and eye candy for the ignorant that wish to pick a side, and argue how their candidate is the best, for the country.

When will the blind ignorance end?

Flagged and starred.
edit on 19-10-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

"Blue Steel? Ferrari? La Tigra? They're the same face! Doesn't anyone notice this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

It this President gets into office for another term your going to be as dead as Israel he is not on the American peoples side or Israek either, that is why he wont listen to Iran warning dangers from his own Forces.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join