It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I like the thought of death.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I love life a lot but the thought of death really relaxes me. Before I was born billions of years went by without me knowing a single thing. When I am stressed out I think about death and it makes me appreciate life more, soon I will be dead anyway so why waste my time worrying and stressing about all these use problems.

I don't know if we have an afterlife or not, but if we experience the same thing we experienced before we were born then you start to realize it's not all that important to worry about our daily problems.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I see "death" as a transformation and not an end.

In my view life is like a circle with no end.

I agree, why worry about things that are out of your control, but the mind is indeed a builder of reality so I say while you are in this world... use your mind to create that which you want in this life.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I hate the thought of death, mainly because I am interested in the future.... I like watching new things take place and wonder what things will be like after I'm gone.... I'm too scared to miss any of it....

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Life hasn't ended once. It still persists until this day.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

Hmmmm.... I worry about death or I think about it a lot I guess I don't worry about it. Sometimes I worry about how I'm going to die. Is it going to be painful or will I die in my sleep.

I worry more about my loved ones dying than I do my own death.

My mother for example just turned 67 and she has a few health problems. I visit her at least once a week and every time I see her I think to myself she just looks old and tired. Just the last few months or so I have thought this.

She seems happy enough but I wonder if she is telling me the whole truth about her health problems.

There must be something after all of this "life" don't you think? Maybe it's just a joke and life is the punchline.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

It has gotten to the point where I am sort of looking forward to whatever awaits after death (if there is anything at all). The transience of human life is slightly disheartening, but having the chance to experience life comforts me.

Nothing ever truly dies!

Although, what if everything is simply a simulation contrived by some advanced civilization and when you die, you wake up in some stasis chamber...I have been watching too much of the Matrix series

edit on 10/16/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
i was pronounced clinically dead for a short time and from what i remember from my experience is an utter calm feeling like i've never known before or since. no lights or tunnels though but it would have been cool.

top topics

join