It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake BBC UFO Investigator Darren Perks .. Created by the Media?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by scryfa

The UFO hoaxes by the 'Front Line Investigator' may not have a direct effect on UFO Research.

MUFON don`t care about Alamo UFO hoax - X-Files Fox Mulder would have been devastated

Using other local UFO researchers evidence and pretending to be friends with the UFO group
to eventually pass off as their own work to blatantly self promote and advance themselves to
UFO documentaries, media etc and not care with vitriol, may not directly tarnish UFO Research.

Impersonating UFO investigators to self promote and manipulating UFO FORUMS
certainly effected Ufologist Linda Moulton Howe to respond to the impersonations
who responded with a 'Cease and Desist' Letter ..but that may not directly tarnish UFO Research.

We all regard the Planet X radio show as a valuable UFO Paranormal Conspiracy Radio show.

But it is intolerable and uncomfortable to listen to the stuttering charlatan babble of Perks.

Everyone knows ..apart from Planet X Radio? .. and it is insulting to the guests on the show
or the geniune studio researchers that are sitting opposite the faker hoaxer UFO charlatan.

I doubt Planet X Radio are aware of the absolute 'turn off' quality of the self styled self promo
'Front Line UFO Investigator' or the fake UFO group via the info at xposeufotruth.com...

Good Luck to UK Exopolitics Conference 2013. We support the researchers and their
research and wish success towards the conference and encourage people to attend.

However, this great stage of opportunity may be unfortunately polluted by association.

Andrew Johnson - Leading 9/11 researcher ... Anthony Beckett UFO / Planets Researcher

Richard Dolan UFO Researcher ....Marcus Allen Conspiracy/ moon Nexus Researcher.

at Exopolitics 2013 Huddersfield University UK - September 28th 2013.

However if these reseachers can afford the time to investigate xposeufotruth.com...

We look forward to their concern and potential comment regarding these UFO hoaxes and
impersonations and the alleged role play to court the media with no apparent substance.

edit on 2-7-2013 by deprogrammer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by deprogrammer

It is late here, but I just wanted to comment quickly on your posting of last evening.

I did manage to listen to the Planet X Live broadcast on the evening of 30th June 2013.

What was most obvious about the "presentation" was that the atmosphere had changed from the previous two Perks-free broadcasts.

Admittedly, the 23rd June 2013 broadcast had a brief section at the beginning where Perks was communicating from outside the "studio." However, the general "atmosphere" of the programme felt structured and had a moderate feeling of calm as it were.

This last programme had a different feel altogether.

Agreed re the Perks presentation of material. Painful to the ears.

But it was also interesting to note that the main host, Neal Atkinson, seemed more hyper and "scattered."
It was all rather wearing to be honest, especially given the main guest of the night and his tall tales of cities here, there and everywhere in space, and more besides.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Further to my post of 28th June 2013:

We recently received a rather ridiculous email missive from Darren Perks via his Ymail account.
Within this offering he waffled on about how absurd it was that we were suggesting that he lives in different towns.

Obviously Perks has no clue as to how IP addresses are assigned or how IP addresses essentially show where one's ISP is located, NOT where one's own home or office are located.

Laughable indeed that someone apparently so "savvy" in using the Internet to further his broadcasting career, umbilically attached to an iPhone, Tweeting, posting on Facebook, writing "articles" for his UFO Shropshire website, and obsessively checking to see the latest Perks Updates on Xpose UFO Truth, does not understand how an IP address is assigned or what it shows regarding the user/s.

One has to wonder how he holds down a real job when he's so busy doing all these other things!

But despite all Perks' ramblings, the fact remains that static IP address 81.136.171.104 that appeared in various communications from Perks to Phil Hoyle and myself, were also found to be the source IP address for impersonation of an Officer of Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs and also various anonymous (or so the sender thought) communications from imaginary, or in some cases, real people.

The use of known researchers' names for various hoaxes just boggles the mind.

This static IP address 81.136.171.104 was clearly identified as belonging to that of the network at Integrity Financial Services in Shrewsbury.

Added to that, what appears to be Perks' employer's name is also displayed within the headers information of the email from that static IP address.

Even if a thousand or more people were using that one static IP address 81.136.171.104 at Integrity Financial Services (as if they would have that number of staff!) - how many people would be obsessively checking the Xpose UFO Truth website on an almost daily basis (sometimes several times per day) since 9th January 2013?

And the visits only started after Xpose UFO Truth uncovered Perks'

The Alamo Sphere UFO Hoax

The Orange Sphere UFO Hoax

NOTE: The above text has been incorporated into a more thorough update on:

Impersonation - Part Three

The update includes a screenshot of the headers from an email sent by Perks to Phil Hoyle and shows the relevant IP address information.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I thought that we were rid of the habitual and obsessive visits to our website, but that appears not to be the case.

We have noticed that the "Hide My Ass" visits have at last ceased but have been replaced by a visitor using an Anonymous Proxy - "Tor" and the same browser, Firefox 17.0 for every visit.
Recall that on 27th June 2013 Perks was advocating use of "Tor" and Firefox as:

"...very effective at stopping snooping"

The screen resolution is always the same, and the pages visited on our site are always the same as those visited by the "Hide My Ass" anonymous proxy (that does not work) user.

I have included two screenshots from our logs from earlier today to show that even though someone might be hiding themselves, patterns of behaviour tend to give away them away.

The last paragraph on Impersonation Part Three reads:

"Even though our long-time visitor (since 9th January 2013) using the "Hide My Ass" anonymous proxy (which never worked) has ceased to drop by, at least someone using "Tor" and Firefox has come along to take their place. It is good to see that our efforts to uncover the hoaxes, impersonations, plagiarisms and more do not go unappreciated."

And there's a special deal on right now!

Perks tweeted earlier that there is a

"40% Discount On 'The Shropshire UFO Mystery' Book"

I am rather surprised that Perks has not at least started on a new "book."
This endless plugging of the "Mystery" is getting a tad wearing. Yawn.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
As Perks has just advertised (for a change) his "Shropshire UFO Mystery" "book" again, I decided that it was time to start pulling all the media career seeking, hoaxing, impersonation, plagiarism, intimidation and more into a "BOOK" of my very own.

That project is just getting underway and will probably have a few more words to it than the "Mystery."

My book will have no mystery or fiction, just F A C T S!

Additionally, to make sure that people do not miss the hoax investigations, I have added them to the navigation bar on our site for easier access.

The two hoax investigation pages are also updated as of this morning:

The Alamo Sphere Hoax

The Wrekin Sphere Hoax

The Wrekin Orange Sphere Hoax page now kicks off, not only with a quote by Darren Perks where he stated:

"I do not and never will hoax any UFO information"

but also includes a screenshot of a tweet (plus image) by Perks showing the orange sphere UFO that he claimed to have photographed over the Wrekin on 21st July 2012.

But, as we all know, that photo was taken by another person over 14 months before.

Perks had removed the photographer's text and palmed the image off as his own to bolster, no doubt, the case for the authenticity of the Wrekin crop formation that he "investigated."

Youtube video of the "investigation:"

Amazing Crop Circle Video UK Wrekin Hill

When Phil Hoyle went into the "formation" (for want of a better word) he discovered board marks, so Perks' analysis (and his estimation of the size of the formation) were way off the mark.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
As an addendum to my previous, I have always found it curious why Perks, in his video narrative, never mentioned the orange sphere UFO image that he had allegedly captured on the night of the 21st July 2012.

He recorded the video on the 24th July 2012, three days after supposedly capturing the image.
Why the omission?
Had he forgotten about the image?
Or had that fabrication not occurred to him at that stage?

The text under the video on Youtube is as follows, also with no mention of the image:

Published on Jul 27, 2012

"This official video was filmed by Darren Perks a UFO Investigator on 24th July 2012.

The Wrekin Hill crop circle appeared between the hours of 2330 and 0630 on 21st and 22nd July 2012.
It consists of one main circle with three inner patterns which relate to Saturn, Mars and the star Spica aka Spitor.

Just outside the Northern edge of the formation were three semi circle faint patterns which represented the moons transit in the sky in relation to the two planets and the star. The crop circle is an exact mirror image of the July night sky in 2012 for the planets and star and their respective positions.

The circle is thought to have been some kind of message or indication to an 'event' that could take place between 25th July and 7th August 2012. That event we do not know but it is highly likely that its astronomical related and could also relate to a major event on the planet, such as an earthquake or volcanic eruption.

This film was recorded in real time by Darren Perks to show people a crop circle in real time close up. Despite what skeptics say you don't need to be 'qualified' or an expert to research or investigate crop circles....
"

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by scryfa
The text under the video on Youtube is as follows, also with no mention of the image:

Published on Jul 27, 2012

"This official video was filmed by Darren Perks a UFO Investigator on 24th July 2012.

The Front line UFO Investigator has the odious ability to irritate Fortean researchers

www.leavesthatwither.co.uk...

Fortean Radio now have problems with their radio site ..but episode 3 can be accessed.

This UFO reseacher role play is tiresome and an insult to proper UFO research.

The Front Line UFO investigator is the elephant in the room. xposeufotruth.com...

The participants entertaining the 'UFO reseacher role player may be naive' ..but not stupid.
edit on 6-7-2013 by deprogrammer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The Fortean Radio link that you provided does appear to show a 404 but if one goes to the main page:

FORTEAN RADIO

The links do appear to work at this time.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
NOTE:

Perks locked down his Wrekin video very shortly after I modified our Orange Sphere Hoax page.

Good to see that Perks is keeping an eye on things.

And there he is claiming that all the things that have been written about his shenanigans do not bother him.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
As of tonight, 11th July 2013, there will be no further updates on our site regarding the investigation into impersonation, faking and hoaxing.

We feel that there is already sufficient evidence set out to show what has been transpiring over the past year or so.
It has been a long task but we believe it to have been a worthwhile one.

The UFO phenomenon has had enough muddying of the waters over the decades and if we can sort out even just a few of the hoaxes then it has been worthwhile.

Now that the warm weather is finally upon us we need to focus on our own fieldwork and research.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by scryfa.
As of tonight, 11th July 2013, there will be no further updates on our site

regarding the investigation into impersonation, faking and hoaxing.

We feel that there is already sufficient evidence. .
It has been a long task / Darren Perks UFO Shrophire fake UFO group /members

The UFO phenomenon has had enough muddying of the waters over the decades
and if we can sort out even just a few of the hoaxes then it has been worthwhile.

The warm weather is finally upon us we need to focus on our own fieldwork and research.

-----------------------------------------------------
This 'Perks UFO' role faker.. If you think we are gonna walk away from this UFO Charlatan

Then you have mistaken us for some other body.

We are going to be around until this total charade
and UFO fake investigator role play is fully exposed.

How much damage to the Exopolitics UK conference September 28th Hudderfield 2013?.

Are the Conspiracy / UFO conferences and Conspiracy Radio shows a total sham?

A visit to xposeufotruth.com... will expose the Fake UFO Investigator /media whore

providing crucial insight - The most insipid and sinister ufological banality of the 21st Century

edit on 11-7-2013 by deprogrammer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Our thanks to "deprogrammer" for supporting our investigation into this ongoing "situation" but we hope that "deprogrammer" realises that we also have our own research work to which we urgently need to attend.

@ deprogrammer: We sincerely thank you for referencing our work/investigations.

Onwards.. to the TRUTH!!

XUT

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
So, just stumbled across this thread - glad I did...

I wanted to learn more about our (supposed(?)) 'other' Space Program, so I started some standard searches. I was surprised to find a few articles on Huffington Post's website.

Solar Warden - The Secret Space Program - Posted: 12/07/2012

Now, while I do like the Huff Post, I also understand that it is a news aggregator, in addition to providing some original content, so naturally I wanted to check the source: Darren Perks. Was this guy on staff? A regular contributor? A one pump chump?

Then, noticed they had another article from him, after the above...

Will David Cameron Confirm UFOs and Extra Terrestrials? - 12/10/2012

Still not satisifed, I came here [ATS], knowing surely this subject, topic and person had been discussed at some point. Low and behold...

Okay, so...

1) Glad I took the time to read this thread. Apparently Perks is not to be taken seriously.

2) Where can I find more information on the stuff I'm looking for. Anyone, with as much knowledge of people, topics and processes like you 2 - scryfa and deprogrammer - and, the ability to expose a hoaxer like Perks, is A-okay in my book.

Feed me. Feed me.

edit on 7/16/2013 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It seems Darren has now started hoaxing crop circles as well. The latest crop circle to appear in Shropshire (Shropshire Star), where Darren claims he was tipped off about the crop circled by a man named "Stuart", who allegedly was responsible for creating the crop circle. Sounds suspicious to me and I wouldn't be surprised if it really was Perks behind the hoax. Would you really tip someone off if you're going to commit vandalism? Reading through the comments on the above article on Shropshire star website, I noticed some familiar "Perks supporters" were giving him credit. Will this bloke stop at nothing to gain a bit of publicity? I think he seriously needs to have his head examined!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Perks has now launched his his very own podcast radio .. The Darren Perks Show

One may form the opinion that the 'Planet X Radio Show' have giving him an alternative

non main show podcast faciltity to keep him away from the main programme and humour him.

First Episode of the 'Darren Perks Show' www.youtube.com...

It is desperate stuff and torture to endure. It highlights a person in total UFO role play
with no genuine soul or history or understanding to the UFO phenomena. UFO Shropshire
and its now allegedly reduced number to 5 private UFO members are mentioned without
any mention of Mark Roberts.

The alleged aggrieved UFO group member who created the UFO group hoaxes to spite
the UFO Shropshire leader Darren Perks, because he would not fund any petrol expenses
on ongoing investigations. The UFO role play saga updates are available at xposeufotruth.com...

The new Darren Perks Show about the Solar Warden UFO Program

www.youtube.com...

It cannot get anymore strangely bizarre, extremely banal and totally fake ...Or can it?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I was checking links on our site earlier and the link for UFO Shropshire appears to not be working.

Is anyone aware of some change in the location of the UFO Shropshire website?
Has it been moved to a new server?

Darren Perks' website - UFO SHROPSHIRE

Thanks for any input.

S

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
If anyone is interested in our investigations into the hoaxing, impersonation and much more besides, please visit our main Xpose UFO Truth page.

The Investigation into Darren Perks and his shenanigans is done, but we are still keeping our eyes on the hoaxers and fakers out there.

Xposing the Truth

How IP addresses can be the downfall of the hoaxers. Includes impersonations of Linda Moulton-Howe, Nick Pope and many more:

The Impersonator

Eyes on the Hoaxes:

Hoax Watch

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by scryfa
I was checking links on our site earlier and the link for UFO Shropshire appears to not be working.

Is anyone aware of some change in the location of the UFO Shropshire website?
Has it been moved to a new server?

Darren Perks' website - UFO SHROPSHIRE

Thanks for any input.

The fake UFO Shropshire UFO Group with its web site and multiple hoax UFO reports

to ensnare and entice any media attention via this fake UFO group with no real members.

Its a 'one man band role playing adventure' that sells to many fools, But not on ATS.

MUFON UFO have been a victim of these fake UFO reports via UFO SHROPSHIRE

Linda Moulton Howe - Researcher - and many others have been impersonated with
a motive of self promotion and tactical vitriol to enhance a fake media UFO profile.

I still have the ambition to attend UK 2013 Exopolitics Conference Hudderfield University UK .

However, the very thought of the wannabe UFO investigator role playing hoaxer being there?

and having a title role of being promoted as the 'Real Life Front Line UFO Investigator'.

Were 'Scott Country' Camera products' actually seduced by someone who was appearing on

a dire BBC 3 UFO programme with being alleged well known UFO Investigator - now hoaxer?

Well Done.. Scott Country International... via your UFO NIGHT VISION AMBASSADOR

You have sensational footage of a group of seagulls at dusk 2013 via UFO Shropshire / Yukon.

The SCI genuine quality of the devices / equipment / clothing / technology. etc ..
can be utilised by geniune UFO investigators , wildlife enthusiasts and so much more

UFO Hoaxers and desperate MEDIA /RADIO role players Or genuine wildlife camera enthusiasts?

Made in UFO Shropshire ......or made in Scott Country International Scotland?

edit on 25-8-2013 by deprogrammer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

scryfa
reply to post by scryfa

POST SCRIPT

Perks was on ITV central news yesterday as he had caught some "UFOs" on "film" on 1st May 2013.

UFO Sighting in the Midlands

To me they look like they're flapping, but then, what do I know!? I am not a leading UK Investigative Researcher.

Multiple UFOs Over UK May 2013

Why has Darren Perks,'The new generation UFO Investigator removed this UFO footage YouTube
video from his UFO Shropshire Youtube channel?

It is clearly a flock of birds captured on night vision.

So is the UFO hoaxer departing from the UFO subject?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

We believe that DP is still in the "field."
Last weekend he was a speaker at the Scott Country night vision demo in Wetheral, near Carlisle.

"Darren is an investigative researcher and journalist who regularly does work for TV , Radio and online media. His experiences with night vision equipment is not specifically wildlife related but do cover general hand held night vision uses from spotting purposes through to trail camera traps, through to the use of night vision as a tool in the scientific research of unexplained phenomena. Darren recently filmed with the BBC in Nevada for a BBC TV series, and has just finished filming with a Swedish TV company for a documentary on UFO's."

Scott Country Night Vision Demo

NOTE: the link included on the above page to Perks' website leads to a string of text showing "fatal error."

So, essentially, no website is available.
It would seem that Perks is still not aware of his website being MIA.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join