It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullied Canadian teen leaves behind chilling YouTube video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
This is such a sad story.

I must also ask, where on earth were her parents?

This video was a clear cry for help, why wasn't it given to her?

Poor thing

my parents NEVER STOPPED trying to fight for me with the school and school board. unfortunately it was all falling on deaf ears. so it is quite possible that her parents were also trying to help. sadly the school system just seems to work to PROTECT the TEACHER. even when my teacher was CAUGHT RED HANDED purposely failing me by miss marking stuff and claiming other work was never handed in (even tho i had said work back with the teacher's marks on it), all the school board did in the end was to quietly move the teacher to another school. in fact when my parents caught it and the board looked into it, it was obvious that this teacher had for years been purposely failing certain students "for their own good".

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

Your post makes you sound like a jerk.

I like to think so..

What can I say...the truth hurts...she was weak...and of no worth to the human race.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Sometimes being bullied makes a person stronger, and sometimes it goes the other way. This thread reminded me of this video, it will make grown men shed a tear, and shows everyone there is a light at the end of the tunnel. www.godvine.com... rce=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Did you know that lack of empathy is the main characteristic of the psychopaths?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
Bullying isn't the issue...lack of support from friends and family is apparently the bigger issue..."I have no one"..."I need someone"??? where are the loving parents? family? siblings? zero friends?

I'll say again the key to "defeating bullies" is to ignore them...and focus on the victim...instead of outlawing words and forcing kids to be nice and making political correctness a law...

we should be focusing on the victims and praising them building them up and showing them that they are valued, appreciated, and accepted...the people who love them and care for them seem to be outnumbered by "bullies" in these cases and that is truly sad...not that people would bully her....but that there apparently aren't any other people in her life willing to build her up and support her...

THAT is where the focus needs to be...befriend someone who is being bullied...its much more effective than giving bullies any sort of attention at all...

I am sorry to say that I believe you are very wrong on this.

I am now 40 years old, and bullying has not changed one bit in all these years. Kids are cruel. What has changed in all these years is that people think it is best to ignore your bullies and they will go away. It does not work. It has never worked.

I was bullied for along time when I was a kid, and eventually it did stop when I finally had enough and I stood up for myself. I was made fun of, called names, beat up almost daily. I never fought back- I just took it. Tried to ignore it. Ran away. Once I ran away from 3 guys who were chasing me, as I looked back to see where they were I clotheslined myself with a tree branch and got knocked out cold. No one helped me. I woke up eventually, alone and in the cold. Walked home and decided that enough was enough.

What I did from there would get any kid arrested today, but I went to school and made a list of every kid who picked on me, made fun of me, or beat me up. I started at the top of my "hit list" and jumped every single person on that list. I caught them in stairwells, hallways, outside after school, in between classes, it didn't matter. I hunted you down, and I punched you in the face. I did not win every fight, but I didn't have to. I got detention, suspended, still I would never tell why I was doing what I was doing. Just like I never told on my bullies.

By the time I reached number 4 on my list of names, people stopped picking on me, but I did not stop until I went through my whole list. I was in the 7th grade at the time, and from that point on I was never bullied again.

There is a fine line between fear and respect, and sometimes it doesn't matter which.

Sorry but you can not ignore a bully away. It didnt work for me. Only one thing worked.... fighting back. Standing up for myself.. and I would do it all again in a heartbeat if I had to because I learned much about myself through it all. I also earned some confidence and learned to not be afraid.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
For all the "Where were the parents" comments....

My Mom fought for me. She showed up at school. She yelled, she screamed... and all she did was make it worse. It caused me to be picked on more. Called more names. Beat up for being a "mamas boy" and having my mom fight my battles.

You can't blame the parents in this case. Obviously they were there for her. They changed her schools. They moved her around. Yet the bullies still came, didn't they?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

It takes a really weak individual and coward to take their life instead of dealing with it and becoming stronger in the process.

It takes a strong person to stop and care about others, who can not only carry their own burden but that of someone else who is in trouble or pain. At some point in your life, others carried you.

To deny the pain in our lives we will ignore the pain of others. I hope that part in you finds healing.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Existing thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

edit on 13-10-2012 by Xaphan because: thread closed, nevermind

top topics

<< 1   >>

join