It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of Google using Trojan for phishing personal info?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
*Only posted this in the gray area because this thread is being typed under impulse*

My laptop is protected by Sophos, which my father also uses for his financial advising company. I was using google search not too long ago, and on three occasions this message popped up from my virus protector:

"20121011 043921 Virus/spyware 'Troj/Phish-BS' has been detected at "pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"

There are absolutely no viruses, malware, or trojans on my laptop, so I am assuming this program promoted by google is used by their advertising software to phish personal information including and not limited to website browsing history. Although my laptop quarantined the trojan simultaneously, I am quite annoyed to expect a trojan from Google search engine. Anyone else experience this sinister program?
edit on 11-10-2012 by sgspecial19 because: typo

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
What other sites do it

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
According to my Opera Ghostery add-on, Google has two bugs following me now, on ATS. www.ghostery.com...
www.ghostery.com...
Three others, as well. For what it's worth, Ghostery blocks these "bugs".

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Apparently, Google +1 was found on over 700000 sites, and Google Analytics on over two million.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
1. Google does not need to phish info.
2. Google would not do such a thing because when it's discovered it would ruin their massive reputation.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Could possibly be malware, or an extension within your browser phishing for personal information to collect data for who knows?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo
According to my Opera Ghostery add-on, Google has two bugs following me now, on ATS. www.ghostery.com...
www.ghostery.com...
Three others, as well. For what it's worth, Ghostery blocks these "bugs".

They're not "bugs" they're services, and google hasn't put them there, the webmaster of the site has. Google analytics is for track traffic sources and numbers, +1 is to do with content sharing.
edit on 11-10-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
It's not Google and GOOG wouldn't have a need to do that - the information they use and collect in "normal" usage is far more than enough. And stepping into blatant malware would be a liability they don't need and wouldn't get away with for even a hour.

What you're seeing is part of the advertiser network and it happens.

~However~ - Google actually acknowledges this weakness in their overall posture and recently acquired VirusTotal to provide even better malware detection across their network and services. They're looking to improve both the web services and direct Chrome integration of malware detection. -Mags

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
so why worry about gogle when face book gets to know when you go to the toilet

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
It's a Javascript file.

Javascript can not interact with anything on your local file system.

Most likely something harmless or a false positive.

How you would think this JS file is used by Google to spy on you is beyond me.

*EDIT* Actually I just downloaded the file and run a virus scan on it .. nothing found. Aditionally I took a brif look at the code, and couldn't find anything sinister either, just common jQuery like stuff.
edit on 11-10-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
It's a Javascript file.

Javascript can not interact with anything on your local file system.

Most likely something harmless or a false positive.

How you would think this JS file is used by Google to spy on you is beyond me.

*EDIT* Actually I just downloaded the file and run a virus scan on it .. nothing found. Aditionally I took a brif look at the code, and couldn't find anything sinister either, just common jQuery like stuff.
edit on 11-10-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

Most people have no clue what js is, of course.

join