It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom calls 911 to help manage autitictic teen/ cops kill him

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
reply to post by hellbjorn012

You're absolutely right, and I'm sure you're more than capable of protecting yourself in most situations.

And believe me, I know there are idiots who wake up, put that badge on, and want to abuse the power that shield stands for. Those are the guys I want gone. Those are the guys that don't deserve to even walk the streets as a civilian. My point is that there are a lot of good cops who get grouped in with turds because of what they are. Cops who are actually out there trying to protect you with the power they have with that shield instead of oppressing you by abusing that power. Those are the guys you need to find, know, and stay acquainted with because those are the guys that will help you when it comes to dealing with d-bag cops. Trust me on that one.
I have met decent cops before and if you are one im grateful for your service. But even the cops who do not do bad things and sit by and idly watch the others and not stop them are just as bad.
If you are one of the good cops that doesnt condone the actions of the crooked ones i salute you.
edit on 8-10-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetooth
reply to post by newcovenant

he had a hammer and garden shears? he sounds like a lovely lad. who would wish to shoot him?

Even if he did have a hammer and garden shears - Now there is a reason to kill an 18 year old autistic kid? He could have just come from the garden. Do you shoot everyone so equipped? Remind me never to do any yard work at your place.

Problem is the mother says this is a lie and the kid was unarmed when the deputy shot him and it happened right in front of her. The facts of the case are yet to come out and meanwhile you seem not to want to wait for them but to somehow justify the possible manslaughter of a handicapped young man. Whats up with that?
edit on 9-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Some recent developments...

Family Attorney Claims "wrongful death"

"This was clearly excessive force and this was an unnecessary death that resulted where somebody should have been able to diffuse a difficult situation, but instead they compounded it," said Harry Shevin, an attorney representing the Camberdella family. Shevin said Camberdella posed no threat. The Palm Beach Gardens attorney also said his investigation leads him to believe the deputy arrive on scene, guns blazing, with the attitude of "shoot first, ask questions later."

Mother of 18 year old is disputing the Sheriffs Office claims

Camberdella was shot and killed by a Palm Beach County sheriff's deputy after investigators said he was armed with hedge shears and a hammer and confronted a deputy.

But Camberdella's mother says her son wasn't armed and had nothing in his hands when a deputy shot and killed him.

The sheriff's office spokesperson would not comment on the investigation Friday but said it is moving forward.

edit on 9-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It all comes down to their claims versus the official story. I'm sure that important evidence, such as the weapons that the suspect was carrying, are documented and stored.

Ultimately, the kid was a danger. In the video interview, his drama queen mom was still wearing the hospital bracelet, and her demeanor, in my opinion, just didn't seem to portray her in a very positive light.

The family looks like they are going to sue, hopefully bringing closure and truth to the whole fiasco. What I find funny, however, is that despite statements that they met with "a team of attorneys," the one ultimately representing the family, Richard Freedman from the law offices of Elkins and Freedman, specializes in divorce and bankruptcy, not wrongful death. (That's the firm my first husband used in our divorce, and even in that capacity they failed miserably) I'd suspect that if there was any bit of credibility in their claims, there would be an overabundance of big name law firms that would be all over this case.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

Ultimately, the kid was a danger.

Not sure how you can really say this without being there.

I think the point is, maybe he wasn't. Let's investigate, examine witnesses who are willing to come forward and see.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The mother claimed the boy wasn't carrying scissors or a hammer.
Today it was reported a second witness, speaking through an attorney, confirms the kid was empty handed.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~
It all comes down to their claims versus the official story. I'm sure that important evidence, such as the weapons that the suspect was carrying, are documented and stored.

Ultimately, the kid was a danger. In the video interview, his drama queen mom was still wearing the hospital bracelet, and her demeanor, in my opinion, just didn't seem to portray her in a very positive light.

The family looks like they are going to sue, hopefully bringing closure and truth to the whole fiasco. What I find funny, however, is that despite statements that they met with "a team of attorneys," the one ultimately representing the family, Richard Freedman from the law offices of Elkins and Freedman, specializes in divorce and bankruptcy, not wrongful death. (That's the firm my first husband used in our divorce, and even in that capacity they failed miserably) I'd suspect that if there was any bit of credibility in their claims, there would be an overabundance of big name law firms that would be all over this case.

Today a second witness came forward and said he was empty handed. This makes at least two since the mother said the same thing. They did not show the second witness but an atty was speaking for him or her.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Like I say there is no situation so terrible that cops can't make it worse...

<< 10  11  12   >>

join