It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new additions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I haven't had kitties in a year and a half. I had to leave my two with my husband when I seperated. I have had cats all my life and even after all this time, I so missed having kitties around.

I got my own place, but like so many apartments, you couldn't have cats. But mine is a private apartment in a house. Landlord just said no after an irresponsible owner before me let cats ruin the walls with spraying. But that was ok, I couldn't afford to keep them anyways.

I actually adopted a couple of rats, Ruby and Blueberry, to bring life into the apartment.But they can't curl up on your bed at night.

Last year my grandfather succombed to cancer, and my grandmother was moved to a retirement community. Their house was sold, so we had to go remove the remaining furniture. It was a sad ordeal for me. At te same time, my best friend from work left that weekend to go work in another state. It was an emotional weekend.

right before we got to the house, since no one lives there, we had to get some food. I went into the store, leaving my mum and son outside. I was gone only 15 minutes to come outside and find my son standing by the bushes,holding a kitten, and my mother digging through the bushes.

She came out with a second kitten.

Poor little things were scared and hungry and covered with fleas. As soon as I held the black one, he fell asleep in my arms. It was a saturday afternoon, and the humane society was already closed, so we had to keep them.

They are precious, two little brothers. About 9 weeks old. Some jagoff dropped them in the bushes in front of the grocery store to fend for themselves. There is nothing but a shopping center around. People just run into the store and back out, nobody had seen them, only my son and mum because they were standing around waiting for me. They heard them crying.
Who can do that to these sweet kittens?
And sweet they are, they purr as soon as you hold them. They were already litter trained, and are such sweeties.

I had to bring them home.
My mum has offered to help pay for them. And with permission from the landlord, I got to keep them.

Everyday they greet me when I come home, they love raw chicken, and they sleep on me every night. And they have been so wonderful.

I named the black one Coal. and the orange tabby, Leo. Since he was found in front of Food Lion. lol

He lives up to his name.

this first picture is of Coal. He was so tired the first few nights from being hungry and probably worms, he forgot to pull his tongue back in and fell asleep.

And Leo loves my laptop, and I can't keep him off it. If it wasn't made for napping, why is it made of warm?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Lucky little boys. You're a fur-mommy now...life will be full of giggles, and warmth. Congratulations on your new Family members.

Des
edit on 4-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I love your story, and the kitties are adorable. I too have had cats all my life, and home just isn't home without them. I have 9 now, all rescues that were abandoned, or in a shelter with issues that would make them unadoptable.

They give me great comfort, and are wonderful company.

I'm so glad you were able to save those cute babies!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
They look wonderful. Sounds like they have a loving Mom now. I had a black one and a tiger too at one time. Blackie and Pumpkin, they were also brothers. Enjoy them, I'm sure you'll be very happy together. Congratulations.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This is the second time tonight I've thanked a poster for adopting (as if you had a choice) and not buying from a breeder. Thank you. And please pass it on to anyone you know thinking of getting a pet.

As I said in the other thread, we run a cat rescue--on our own, not as part of an organization. It's very gratifying in the end, even though it's a lot of work.

You mentioned feeding them raw chicken--which is fine--but if you intend to feed them supplementary dry food, there's something more you should know:

CatLovingCare.com (not our website)

Since cats process raw food quickly, the bacteria present in raw meats doesn’t have time to reproduce into harmful, dangerous levels.

WARNING:

Make sure you feed your cats raw food and kibble (Dry cat food pellets) hours apart from each other.

Raw cat food meats digest fast, but kibble dry cat food takes much longer to digest.

Raw food carries bacteria in it, that when mixed with dry cat food Kibble (Which slows down cats’ digestion), it all ends up staying longer in the stomach, and therefore it could potentially cause bacteria problems.

I hope all works out happily. Good luck....

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Ahah Too cute, I see the smart one has found their favourite warm spot already.

My old girl used to love sitting on top of my old crt monitor.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
They are just precious!!!!! I am so happy you decided to save them and share your life with these little beauties!

I would not feed them raw food though.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Kitties!!!!!!!

They are so cute

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Such sweet babies! They will bring you so much joy!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Nothing comes close to the absolute joy loving an animal evokes.

I'm a crazy cat lady, although I only have two. But the unconditional love they give is really amazing.

OP, it's good to know there are caring and compassionate people like yourself who are willing to rescue those in need. Enjoy your new friends for many, many years to come.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Oh, we only rescue in our house. I call my mum the matron saint of lost cause animals because if an animal needs to be rescued, she will do it. She has three senior dogs, one is a katrina dog. The one is a 14 yo pit bull we couldn't put down. We call her house the nursing home for geriatric canines.

I don't feed cats, kibble. They only get meat. Kibble is terrible for them.

edit on 5-10-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The other night, when I went to bed, both decided to sleep on my head. I had a loud, purring, fuzzy helmet. It was warm, though.

It is really hard to sleep because the purring goes right into your brain. IT was so funny.Then they stopped when they finally fell alseep, and one relaxed and slid off. LOL

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I've read that cats purr at a vibrational frequency that helps them heal when they are injured. I wonder if that purring can effect people?

My one cat, Kyrie, sleeps on my side. The other cat, Ransom, sleeps with my son. Both of our kitties were rescue kitties; Kyrie came from a no kill shelter. Ransom, though, was scheduled to be euthanized the day we found him. He was a half feral kitten, and is still very skittish.

The hardest part of going to the animal shelter is I want to take them ALL home.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Interesting thought. Coal is a fear purrer too. When they went to the vet, he couldn't get him to stop purring to listen to his heart. He had to briefly dunk him under running water to get him to stop.

They are about 12-13 weeks now and are in the psycho stage, and destroy the house on a daily basis. I need to get a cat tree next pay period to salvage what is left of my couch.

new topics

top topics

join