It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Amendment Rights, I want apologize anymore.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Been a lot of 2nd Amendment threads of late. I've come to the conclusion that folks outside of America really have a problem with the fact we as Americans have the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms. And I for one am sick of hearing the whine. I'm tired of explaining it. The why's, the what fors.

I am an American. A Southern American. I grew up with firearms. There as much a part of my life as owning a damn cat. I was given a 410 gauge shotgun for my tenth birthday. WOW was i excited, I bet I shot three boxes of shell's that Christmas Day. That is one of my best Christmas day memories. Shooting that gun with my dad, all day. Made my friends, bikes and Evil Kneivel crap look they got for Christamas look pale in comparison.

That gun still sits in my closet. My dad long since pasted away. But that gun, those memories, they remain forever. I've bought guns since the day I was able to do so. I bought my son & daughter a gun for their 11th & 13th b-days. Taught them both firearm safety as my dad taught me. We have hunted together, shot hundreds of rounds together.

They are now both adults, who have their CC permits and I feel safer that they carry and know how to use their weapons. Gives me a warm & fuzzy. My 2nd wife had never shot a gun before in her entire life. She does now.
She carries with a CC permit. Knowing she can protect herself in the event she has too..Gives me a warm & fuzzy. You see, we have allways had this right. We are brought up with guns. You folks who can't own them because your Government want allow it. Stop and think. You don't live here. So you don't have a American with a gun to worry about. So why all the fuss? Jealous? Envy? What is it? Trust me, if we did not have the second Amendment, I would have a very large knife & club collection.

Nothing like that Christmas memory of waking up.Running to get under the tree to open up your new "club". And clubbing stuff all day with dad. Yea we have guns here in America. We like them. We buy them, we collect them. We treat them like their investments. So if you all want go be able to own guns, those of you in those countries that outlaw it. Tell it to your law makers and try to get you some. Just stop the bitching and moaning becasue I have they right and you don't. IMHO, none of you that can't own guns never come off as concerned about saftety, but more so you come off as whiney and jealous that you can't have them.

Guns are a part of my life. Plain and simple. There a big part of alot of American's live's, I'm not the only one that feels this way. So to all you responsable fellow gun owners, Next time your at the range with your son or daughter teaching them how and why, ask them how they would react to getting that "club" for Christmas.

One of my favorites quotes. " An un-armed man is a subject. An Armed man is a citizen"...

edit on 1-10-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Some of my fondest memories are winning .10 per clothes pin shot off the line. Got so good I could beat my dad. Or, he let me win, whatever!!!!

and I am a girl, so good for you for treating them the same when it comes to guns and gun safety!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I hear ya dude. Some of my fondest childhood memories are hunting rabbits with my grandfather in Tennessee. He loved hossenffer. I still shoot as regular as I can. I shot compitetian in high school many years ago.

Seems to me that there is little understanding outside of this country for the second amendment. They don't realize that it just confirms that having guns is a god given right from birth. I would hate to live where I couldn't protect my family from the bad elements of the world. The people in other countries where their god given rights have been taken from them seem to think that america is still the wild west and you need to be armed to walk down the street, when nothing is further from the truth.

However when that criminal tries to break into my house I'll call the police to do what they do and clean up the mess when i'm done with him.They can wait for the cops to come and clean up the mess after the bad guy kills them.The cops are 20 minutes away, my gun is in my hand.
edit on 10/1/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Id really like to know why people who arent american care so much about our safety that they want to protect us from ourselves. I own ten guns. And two bb guns. I just delivered a load of glycerine to the factory that makes most of the smokeless powder in america.

If americans having guns bothers you, stay the hell out of america. I dont go to canada for this reason

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

I had a couple of guys I got to know rather well a few years ago. We all were working together on a construction site here in N.C. I was the electrical foreman an these two were working for the contractor. The contractor was out of Florida and these guys stayed in motels in my city.

Dylan & Detoy one from One from New Zealand one from South Africa. After a while of eating lunch together I invited the two out to my home for a cookout weekend cookout. When I showed these two my small gun collection, I thought they would fall out in the floor. They were like kids in a candy store. Wanting to touch them and hold them. One had never shot a gun before in his life. Until that day.

We shot about every gun I owned at the time, pistols, shotguns, rifles, and even black powder cap & ball!!! We had a blast. Well they had a blast I had a blast watching them have a blast!!!! They both took their targets with them as token of that day. They were impressed with the fact I was a single parent and my kids were shooting with us. They thought it was great my kids knew these firearms as well as they did and could shoot as well as they did.

Dylan has gine hunting with me since then Detoy went back to S.AFrica. When it comes to guns and hunting, Dylan has become quite the American citizen. We still to this day hunt together at least once a year.
I told him the story of my shotgun on Christmas when I was ten. He said, I think I got a soccer ball on my tenth b-day. Now that he has become a legal citizen. He said when the time comes, my kid will have that Christmas memory you have. Not the soccer ball crap I remember.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

I really feel their jealous of the fact we have the 2nd Amendment. I owning a gun in N.C. Has zero effect on anybody outside the USA. They make it sound as if everyone of us is packing heat looking for a showdown.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

That's really cool. I meet folks every once in a while who have discovered shooting as a hobby and they usually jump in with both feet. They teach their kids gun safety and take them with them when they shoot. I'm sure that the kids will pass it on to their kids. Everyone needs to know gun safety while handeling guns. If taught properly, I see no reason not to teach kids about guns. The more they know the safer they will be.

When they grow up they will be able to safely protect their families. Depending on cops for protection is like having no protection at all. The cops can't be everywhere. You're better off doing it yourself. Then protection is right here ,right now.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I know all to well the reality of owning a gun and having to use it against another human being. I have a thread about it if you want to read it. I would link to it ,but that's not my point in this thread. I think about that night often. Wondering what if I did not have a gun. I'm tired of hearing it from those who's Governments forbid them having them. It aint my damn fault. Nor yours. You never know when you my have to exercise those 2nd Amendment rights, stay armed friend. Stay safe.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hey, if there are people from other countries who have a problem with it, they don't have to visit. I love to shoot. Grew up that way.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Being a dad, he probally did!! It's the dad way. And you are a better person because of it. Keep shooting.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have to say..I grew up in Assachusetts...I really never had any gun experience, besides black powder and shotgun till moved to Florida. Now everyone in my house knows how to use a gun. My 14 year old daughter now kicks my ass in skeet shooting.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Thanks man you to.
second line.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Do you think if my thread was about " Gun Control" it would be on page 14 now. Well I'll talk about Gun Control.

Use two hands, less muzzle rise, more rounds on target= GUN CONTROL. Got to tell somebody about my new gun. Well, it's new to me. I purchased a Mosin Nagant and 800 rounds for it. Last of the Russian "Dragoon" rifles. They went with the AK after this rifle. It's heavy, it's long, it;s extremely accurate.

Made in 1933, this gun probally took some lives back in the day. Able to peirce body armor at 600 yards. Going this am to look at a " Judge" pistol, unsure of the make, only know it shoots 45 long colt or 410 gauge shootgun shells. 6 rounds of nasty. Thanks for the post, stay armed & stay ready. You never,ever know when bad crap's gonna happen.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

There is a new round for the judge. 410 antipersonnel. I saw it on a website recently. You may want to search for it. Has 3 lead balls, big ones. You may find it interesting.I know somebody who has 2 judges and he loves them.Nice gun.Good luck my friend.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

You realize that citizens in other countries also have the right to firearms? Like in my country, we do, but not fully automatic weapons.
Some countries have it a lot worse than you. Some weapons in other countries you wouldn't get away with in the USA.

I have no problem with people like you using weapons. You're obviously a decent user and know what you're doing. I.E being safe and knowing how to make sure keep others safe around you.

It's the people who use guns to straight out murder, or have no idea what they're doing with a gun. It's these people that bug me. But it happens in every country. I think the issue is a lot worse elsewhere.

top topics

join