It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thinking about moving to south dakota

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I have a good friend who is buying a duplex in lake andes, south dakota. First thing i said was can i come with? So id rent a whole unit from her for a cheap rate. The more i look into things the cooler it sounds. No state income tax, half my car insurance rate, the company i work for has a few customers nearby in iowa. Hell ccw permits are ten dollars lol.

Give me one reason not to.

Anyway im gonna talk to work about it on monday. i think i can still keep my job out there. Just take a week or so off to move..

Ive never moved away before. Ill miss my momma. Ill miss my friends....

Anyone ever moved 600 miles away on an impulse before?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

600 miles isn't far. I moved from South Carolina to Seattle on a whim. I can tell you it sucks ass moving far away from your home. But like I said 600 miles isn't far. Have you been to SD? I drove through it and it seemed pretty cool. It was very flat and dry and wide-open but the people seemed alright. The economy was obviously depressed and people were fairly poor.

What are you leaving behind? Is this friend a girl you hope to somehow convince to sleep with you? (Not judging you, just asking honestly.)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

Ive been through there before, its quite out west. Shes a girl but im not trying to get with her. Shes a good friend and has a kid my age lol.

I wonder why the economy is so depressed there? I saw a job opening for local hazmat tanker trucking there payinf 16 an hour
and regional at the same company for 36 cents per mile wtf. I could deal with 16 an hour (working with dangerous chemicals deserves more), but 36 cents per mile wont cut it.

Not leaving much behind. A couple of girls i want to sleep with. i can move my posessions, but never moved Way before...
edit on 30-9-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

join