It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What space did the universe expand into?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

I see that it's true....the spiritual vision is so elusive till you read it....now go and read, and like magic......

eta....you'll all like this......we're addressing the begining of time.....so
the bible is the only thing written or otherwise that addresses the begining of time.....
on this planet, in this reality ...the bible is the only thing that tells of the begining of time. the hindi say that in the begining two brothers were in a seed pod in a tree..........see what I mean

edit on 28-9-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahweh is our new king

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
reply to post by SpearMint

I see that it's true....the spiritual vision is so elusive till you read it....now go and read, and like magic......

No, it's bollocks when you read it. Tried it.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
um "The Tao" or how bout the anti-universe. Thats where they're gonna get anti-matter from when they riiippp the fabric of time and space over there in switzerland with that super collider thing! ( pretty good theory huh?) ERRRRRR brain cramp!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwontrun
um "The Tao" or how bout the anti-universe. Thats where they're gonna get anti-matter from when they riiippp the fabric of time and space over there in switzerland with that super collider thing! ( pretty good theory huh?) ERRRRRR brain cramp!

if your talking about the LHC at CERN it doesn't rip the fabric of space or time. lol.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ubeenhad

Tryin to be funny I know its really a HUGE cottoncandy machine!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Technically our 4D universe is only a very small aspect of the whole of "creation"( I don't know another word for it all, as it embodies much more then we see or interact with, even here and now in the room your in).

There are "proven"( as this is only theoretically proven through math, we aren't ever positive in science) theories using math, these other dimensions exist basically in the "background" to us, as we know they are there yet can't interact with them.

To us our universe is enormous beyond pomprehension, but it is still finite, even across any distance somhow information travels through these "prefered channels" ( is only one way of discribing how matter shares information across any distance instantaneously) as is understood at the moment, our universe exists in tandem with many other dimensions, that all interconnect everypoint in each, yet don't interfere at the everyday detectable to our present science kind of way.

So it didn't really "fill up" some other space, it mearly expanded the space time already occupied by the singularity that was later to become the big bang. It didn't take up any more space in any other dimension, as they are still connected the same way in this one, our dimension only expanded itself, relative to itself, not relative to any other outside space, as they exist apart from ours, yet still connected in some fundemental as yet understood way.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Those of you who think science is the end all be all, please take a look at what your boy Einstein had to say. I imagine you wouldn't spew the same hate speech towards him.

"You accept the historical existence of Jesus?"
"Unquestionably. No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word." - Albert Einstein

"I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know his thoughts. The rest are details." - Einstein

"In the view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognise, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what makes me really angry is that they quote me for support for such views.". - Einstein

"Then there are the fanatical atheists whose intolerance is the same as that of the religious fanatics, and it springs from the same source . . . They are creatures who can't hear the music of the spheres." - Einstein

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

Look at it this way..If humans did not exist neither would god or jesus, but the universe, the universe would still be here in all it's glory..Creationism is wrong on so many levels it's beyond laughable, it's absurd

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
Those of you who think science is the end all be all, please take a look at what your boy Einstein had to say. I imagine you wouldn't spew the same hate speech towards him.

"You accept the historical existence of Jesus?"
"Unquestionably. No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word." - Albert Einstein

"I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know his thoughts. The rest are details." - Einstein

"In the view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognise, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what makes me really angry is that they quote me for support for such views.". - Einstein

"Then there are the fanatical atheists whose intolerance is the same as that of the religious fanatics, and it springs from the same source . . . They are creatures who can't hear the music of the spheres." - Einstein

You should go write for fox news. Even they don't take stuff that much outta context.

Do you know what Deist is? Google it.
Eisntine had the same view as most physicists, and infact scientists that believe in somekind of creator. I doubt you will find Albert saying jesus was the son of god.

He also said something like "Leave what happened before [creation of universe] to theologists". Doesnt mean he think god made the earth in seven days. He means there are some things that science wont ever be able to explain. But he did believe everything else could. He was a materialist.
edit on 28-9-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I wasn't trying to paint Einstein as a Christian, I was painting him as not an atheist. I put the part about Jesus in there for the people who claim Jesus was a fairy tale, well Einstein doesn't think so, and no one would call him stupid. Einstein didn't believe in a "personal God", but he did believe in a creator, and I bet the atheists wouldn't call him a nut job.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Most athiests dont know any more about the fundamental structure of nature than the creationists. They just know what discovery channel told them.

Even Dawkins has his own nature style religion. Its really beautiful the way he sees the universe.

Dont listen to the ignorant atheists.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

One could argue the more we learn facilitates the realization of how much we don't know. Unknown unknowns and all that... We reach a summit only to realize there is a lot more of the mountain we could not see.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

That goes hand in hand with the idea that its impossible to know it all, cause some of it is unknowable or unreachable.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
you guys realize what a great thread this is....
We're plowing deep..... I love this.
did you guys know that for scriptural prophecy just about the man Jesus...to have been fulfilled, the odds are supposed by some schools of thought to be at least, just for 8 of the details, to be 10 to the 17th power....thats dollar bills layed flat in 76 stacks all the way to the moon....then go traveling along and stop anywhere you want...and pull one bill out of one of the 76 stacks....math, anyone. I could tell you volumes.....I haven't even started.

but this thread....I live this stuff and have for 40 years, veteran of vietnam started it...plowing deep men...cool

edit on 28-9-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahweh is our new king

edit on 28-9-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King !!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLonewolf

Words cannot describe the humor I find in you two arguing with the same guy in your avatar.

But the OP's question had nothing to do with deities. Your debate belongs elsewhere.
With that being said, Einstein was just another human being. In my experience humans are not to be trusted...Ever.
And certainly not idolized.

Gods are irrelevant, and neither are we.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
No big bang, our universe is just part of some sort of leaf growing on the tree of life.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
No big bang, our universe is just part of some sort of leaf growing on the tree of life.

Yeah but leaves sprout from buds, which is like a parallel to the Big Bang.

reply to post by watchitburn

My point wasn't about trusting Einstein, it was about the atheist attitude. They wouldn't call Einstein an idiot or a nutter. But you're right, this thread probably isn't the right place for this discussion.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

yes, but does the description of a begining of time qualify....seems so....it came from the chief deity writings. but not the one with two brothers in a seed pod on a tree.....it has to be from the land before trees, almost the name of a movie...he he

I just had a thought....the space the universe expanded into cant have trees or anything that's higher organised....
naw...my brain short circuits when I try to picture it

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join