It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I tame my negative mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Ok im getting sick of this now, I try and try and try to keep the negative thoughts away and try to be positive, I try to make myself a calmer person ive changed my diet I do excersise Ive been cutting down smoking.

I feel better all over apart from in my mind, I have days where im feeling good about myself but most of the time im always creating situations in my head about me getting angry at things, at people, or im sometimes im thinking myself ill.

All I want to do is put myself in a positive state of mind and to not give a fuk. I know the power of the mind can help me achieve the things I want but I just cant get it into state, I ALWAYS keep coming back to this negative cr@p, I cant tune it out im not sure how much more I can take I feel like im falling apart.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

I feel your pain brother, I too had a very negative period in my life. Then I realized that millions of people have had the same problems I had, and got through it no problem, therefore, I will be just fine. You're not given anything in life you can't handle. remember that.
edit on 26-9-2012 by Roundtree because: (no reason given)

Also, smile.
edit on 26-9-2012 by Roundtree because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
You have already begun, this thread and your action is evidence of that. Don't polarise accept the negative as you accept the positive. Equilibrium.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This is going to get me flamed, but have you considered medication?

I have racing thoughts constantly. While I'm busy it's not so bad, but when I lay down at night it's like I can't turn my mind off. And everything racing through my head is always negative (a side effect of PTSD). It got to where I was averaging two hours of sleep a night.

Went to the doc, she gave me a medication called seroquel. I'm on the lowest dose and have been taking it for two years now.

Guess what! No more racing thoughts at bedtime. And now I get a solid eight hours of sleep, which is a tremendous help.

If you don't want to go the rx route, yoga and meditation might help. Good luck!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Try binaural beat brainwave entrainment, it's worked wonders for me.

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
These two are among the very best and most powerful in my experience, and after extensive testing I can report that there've been no harmful effects from their use.

Instructions for use:

1) Method - Use stereo headphones, and sit upright, listening with eyes closed, while attempting to remain conscious throughout, although falling asleep, especially when new to it, is not an uncommon occurance.

2) Use Daily - It is recommended, to get the full benefit, to use this as part of a daily meditation practice. You can expect to notice results within days or weeks, and bigger ones over the duration of a month or two.

3) Start Slow - I would also suggest, for the first 14 days, that you listen only for the first half hour to prevent any sort of "overwhelm" from the new stimulous, which tends to surface previously unresolved and repressed unconscious material. The first song, absent Ocean waves, repeats at the half hour interval.

4) Sit after listening - Lastly, to get maximum benefit and results from each listening session, please sit for 15 minutes to a half hour after listening. The greatest benefit may reside during this absolute quiet time while remaining in the target brainwave pattern.

Enjoy!

Downloading

Bach To The Future
kat.ph...

torrentz.eu...

Compassion Meditation
kat.ph...

torrentz.eu...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I know the feeling given the current state of the world. Find some small pleasures/joys odd things you might enjoy like watching birds or bugs lol, hey I watched some ants build a mound seemed silly but it got me out of my head for a bit...

Find relief in a relaxing sit and acknowledge it...hey this feels good. Or a good book or bath or a zillion other things but...be conscious of it not just going through the motions with autopilot engaged. Se if this helps.

Basically its a little better then think Happy thoughts! LOL
But I know how it is!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
What thoughts exactly come to you when you feel negative? What's the first thing that pops into your head just before the negativity? There is a reason for it.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Try doing what this guy does

Have you considerd growing a beard?
Maybe that might help.
edit on 26-9-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

Its when I start thinking about how my life is (or not) going, im pissed off at myself.

Id rather not go onto medication tbh I know I can beat it by myself, and Ive always been meaning to give binaural beats a proper shot maybe il start now...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Sounds like you're in the same boat I was in several years ago. I'm guessing you've reached that 'quarter-life crisis' where it seems life isn't progressing? The opportunities will come. Make sure you're ready for them.
edit on 26-9-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I have to try very hard all the time to not let myself slip into negativity. What I find helps is keep yourself busy and keep yourself surrounded with people.

Thats hard to do when you feel like nothing is worth doing and you don't want to be around anyone (like I feel quite a bit) but it's a one step at a time thing, the busier you are the busier you will get, the more people you see the more people you will know.

Meds are also really useful for getting past the initial bump and helping to kickstart yourself, as long as you monitor them properly and find the ones that work for you

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Sometimes I get into negative moods without anything to push me into it. I could be singing to myself when I get a negative thought, regret, anger over something, and sometimes I make up daydreams that P's me off. I keep saying to myself, "Kock it off!" I start singing again, but then another negative thought pops up.

Don't know why it happens, but then I actively do something (like come on here and chat) that takes my mind off the bad stuff.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

Sounds pretty much spot on tbh

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
What I find helps is keep yourself busy and keep yourself surrounded with people.

AHHH! Not people! lol They tend to either P's me off or bore me. I usually watch a movie or a documentary. Sometimes I find cute animal clips to watch.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Everyday's a party. Surround yourself with people that like to party, make love, dance, play guitars, make art and stuff, ride bicycles, drink beer and enjoy the finer things in life. Give up that teenage angst BS and join us! We will welcome you with open arms. The Hippies were right all along.

Peace and Love really is the way to Peace and Love. Isn't that what we all want? Peace, Love and understanding!
edit on 26-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

And you know the best way of getting out of that rut? Think about where you want to be, and start doing little things to get you there. Progress will happen slowly but surely, and each little victory will get progressively bigger.

I started out by knocking together a couple of PCs with whatever used (and massively outdated) parts I could get hold of, wishing for an entry-level IT job, and pissed because nobody would employ me to do anything other than empty bins. I've come a very, very long way since then, and so can you.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

Thats awesome well done!!

I know theres something inside me, its just itching to get out I just need to find out how to do it! Thats why I frustrate myself, ive brought my self up in life not to settle for anything but the best you can do and up to now im so fuking far away from that its untrue. Ive been building myself up to try and start on the small things, but at the moment im at the 'whats the point' stage. So I decided to work on my self physically in the mean time (diet, fitness etc) to put myself in a better position when I do get at it again.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Perhaps you're not as far away as you think. Sometimes sh1t happens when you're least expecting it, and sometimes it makes a real change in life. Sometimes that sh1t is your subconscious acting without you being aware of it. Above all, take whatever steps you need to progress in the right direction - not just plans, but real actions with tangible results. Some people are handed 'success' on a plate, others must work ten times harder to prove themselves, but that's life.

As for the physical training - jump straight in. That's an excellent way of developing your motivation and self-discipline.
edit on 26-9-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Its yours dont try to tame it, use it.
dont thank the way they want you to
who says everythang is positive??
you mean your different you thank faster see negative.
then
what i do is live with it...
you could be right
someone will say im wrong its my life..
You ask why me .
why not what make you is you live with it use it .
see both sides in every thang

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Start creating things. Create your own life story. We are the artist and the sculpture.

top topics

join