It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.50 cal v. iPhone 5: Cool Vid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Here is what happens when you take out a new iphone 5 with a .50 cal Barrett. Cool vid.

Though, I think I could do it at 100 yards.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Note to self.... Do not use iPhone as body armor.
Thank goodness this guy proved my assumptions false

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
To think of all the poor Chinese children who slaved so he could do that.

Seriously. All the rare minerals that had to be mined by one-armed 12 year olds in disputed regions then all the fuel and hands it took to ship those components to a processing facility then all the little hands earning a quarter a day to manufacture components from toxic materials then all the other hands pressing these parts into pre-fab boards and the hands that did that initial pre-fab work and the fuel and hands it took to deliver that thing to the other side of the world just so it could be shot and sent to a landfill.

The world is amazingly wasteful.

Mass production of goods and global marketplaces have turned everything into crap. Even allegedly top-shelf quality items are essentially crap.

Feed a sheep, shear a sheep, tease the wool, spin the yarn and knit a sweater. Then burn it because you can go buy one at Walmart for $5.

As someone who produces even just a fraction of what I wear, use and consume this world just blows my mind.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I got a question. So is this covered under the warranty? LOL

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
its all fun and game until someone loses an eye(phone)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
You have to admit that that iPhone 5 is pretty darn strong though to still be in almost one piece after two hits, considering I thought it would shattered completely after the first hit.

edit on 25-9-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Yeah, that is what I was hoping for before I watched the vid.

Longer distance, slower velocity would have done it.

But just think, now someone can use it as a necklace pendant!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

I ordered my wife and iPhone 4 today after considering the price difference between it and the 5. I also saw a used Barrett for sale last week for @ $10,000.

My observation…..Cool video but this dude has FAR too much money to blow!

S&F for the video!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Anger management
. I always feel better after I leave the range.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Not too bright the iphone 5 was selling for over 3500 bucks in some places.

What a waste.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Makes you wonder what this world is coming too when people are going crazy over the iPhone 5 which sold out, yet there's still many people out there that is wanting to get their hands on it. There are far more important things in life to put your money towards then a phone which is almost identical to what many others have only the number 2, 3, or 4 changed to a 5. It's amazing how crazy people get over new things that are simply just upgrades. I believe the Western part of our World is indeed spoiled. Now that's common Knowledge.

I'm happy with my 8 GB 4th Generation iPod and that's actually the first apple device I bought. I don't see myself upgrading anytime soon.

join