It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd like to openly admit that I was wrong.......

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I don't want to be rude...but...
reply to post by phantomjack

Really? Because that sure sounded rude as hell. The Kony incident affected a lot of people, whether they are remembered or not. If the OP felt it necessary to apologize then why not try to let him do it with grace? I am blown away by some of the nasty things that are directed at people here who are trying to do the right thing. Easy to talk smack when you're hiding behind a computer screen isn't it?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I commend you for your honesty!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

After our school hosted and supported this group and then all the bad stuff came out, apparently they called an assembly to announce that we had all been scammed and to apologize for involving us with these people. I was not there because I was in the hospital, but for all of our leaders to get up and express regret at having these people come to our school and take money from us...there had to be some compelling evidence that wrongdoing occurred.

Our school is heavily involved in charity work and they would not have retracted support without a valid reason. The Kony situation is real and yes, he did commit horrible atrocities...that is well documented. But when people use a situation like that for personal gain, it just cheapens the whole thing. If they thought those kids were invisible then, they are nonexistant now thanks to them.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

This might be of some interest. I am going to inquire about this tomorrow at school and see if I can get a concrete answer as to why they pulled funding for this group.

keepittrill.com...
edit on 25-9-2012 by tigertatzen because: this computer hates me

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

ALL:

For those of you saying my apology is insignificant, or a plot for popularity - you just don't understand the power of words.

What if, my stark defense of this "movement" convinced a few people to spend money they didn't have while trying to "support the cause"?

Whether or not YOU accept responsibility for the things that can come about because of your words means nothing to me, but don't use your stance to try to assault my character. Don't like the apology? Don't come to the thread...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tigertatzen

Please do find out why your school pulled their support.

reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

As I mentioned in my earlier post, it's noble of you to admit a wrong, respect for that but like others, I'm not sure what the Kony group has done wrong? I mean what was it that made you review your stance and change it?

Thanks in advance for providing further insight into the situation.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

My two pennies worth?

It takes sand and character to apologize. Especially online, on a forum, where one could just as easily lay low for a month and avoid all responsibility for a post they no longer feel was correct.

It doesn't really matter why the OP felt a need to apologize. Nor does it matter if the public even feels as though he needed to or not. The fact that the OP felt a need to do it and had the courage and character to do so is what matters.

And the idea that it's some kind of flag and star quest? Really? If the OP wanted that, all they'd need to is find a trivial news story, post it - along with some unbelievably fantastical theory - and they'd get plenty...

"MILEY CYRUS GETS TATTOO TODAY - PROOF THAT THE NWO IS BRAINWASHING THE MASSES BY EXPLOITING THE MID LIFE CRISES OF BABY BOOMERS!!!"

We all know it's that easy, and wouldn't cause the OP to feel uncomfortable at all. So, OP, even though I had no participation in said thread... Apology accepted and respect earned.

~Heff

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 9/25/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
ill make it even shorter, who cares

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tigertatzen

I don't know anything about this "Kony" thing you mentioned. Just stopping in to say you're awesome for admiting you were wrong, and im sorry you got played...happens to the best of us!! Live and learn right?
Don't stop your passion!!
Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I respect your apology.

You didn't reply to my question?

Can someone provide some sources or something or are we just accepting the premise of the thread because it's rare to read an apology on ats?

I mean, well done for apologizing, but failing to succeed or having a mental breakdown doesn't automatically render it a scam?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join