It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Mitt Romney really list the USA a a foreign country on his tax returns?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The Political sitcom called the US Presidential election has taken another turn. This morning I was reading an article about Mitt Romney's tax returns where he lists the USA as a foreign country... I had to laugh because of the Obama and his birth certificate being in question.

I don't know why someone would list this on their tax return? Could it be for assets he is paying taxes on which are in foreign bank accounts? Or from business gains? I really don't know. So Here it is ATS what do you think of this?

I am not a tax friendly person so I don't know if he has a legitimate reason for this.

www.usnews.com...

Mitt Romney Calls U.S.A. a 'Foreign Country' in His Tax Returns

When the former Massachusetts governor released his official 2011 tax return Friday, he (or whoever actually filled out the form) appeared to have mistakenly referred to the United States as a foreign country.

"If you have a foreign address," the tax return instruction reads, "also complete spaces below." In the space below, under "foreign country name," Romney's form reads "USA."

Several tax preparers confirmed to Whispers that "USA" should not have been written in that line—assuming the Republican presidential nominee is actually a citizen of the United States.

edit on 23-9-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: sp

edit on 23-9-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
So, Romney with the best legal minds, paying 15% tax on his millions of dollars, made a 'mistake'. Right, we'll see which one of his tax lawyers gets fired for this 'mistake'.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
That just means whoever filled out the form wasnt paying attention. The usa requires all citizens, even thoze living abroad, report all income to the irs, and pay taxes, thats the only reason thats there. Wtf is this news for?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
For the millions of dollars that Mitt Romney pays his accountants' you'd think that they'd get the forms right.

Especially when their boss "enjoys having the ability to fire the people who provide services to me when they don't do a good job".

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
That just means whoever filled out the form wasnt paying attention. The usa requires all citizens, even thoze living abroad, report all income to the irs, and pay taxes, thats the only reason thats there. Wtf is this news for?

Because someone who's running for President of The United States who claims to have a business background needs to be able to fill out forms correctly.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

I have experience filling out tax returns. My bet is that the software his accountant used automatically put the letters "USA" in his tax return. It is probable his accountat complained about the USA "glitch" to the software company, but at the end of the day it is one of those inconsequential "errors" on a tax return and his accountant is not going to stop doing tax returns during tax season so he can wait for the software company to fix the glitch. It is not like he entered wrong numbers into the box.

The big issue here is that our country is going broke and needs to raise revenue. It can raise revenue by increasing taxes on the poor or middle class, or it can increase revenue by raising taxes on the rich. You often here rich people complaining they are being taxed too much, yet rich people like Romney have some of the lowest tax rates.
edit on 23-9-2012 by hotpinkurinalmint because: I read actual return so I wanted to change my answer

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by phroziac

Because someone who's running for President of The United States who claims to have a business background needs to be able to fill out forms correctly.

If it took you until today to decide that romneys a moron, and furthermore that something like this is what made you decide....you havent been paying attention. Romney. Gw bush, and obama might as well be the same person

new topics

top topics

join