It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urgent need for right to know GMO labeling *Video* of profound importance.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It has been awhile since I visited this thread, If this has been posted already my apologies.

www.kontraband.com...

Its very informative.
Regards Iwinder

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I thought the "dropping like flies" was an interesting opinion as a claim that it's safe, from the Australia biotech scientist..

Well looky here..I found this interesting headline:

US Ranks Last in Female Life Expectancy (compared to other high income countries)

The divergence of the geographic distribution of mean lifespan in the U.S. during the last two decades of the 20th century coincided with a rapid fall in the country's position in international rankings according to common measures of mortality or longevity (see graph above). This deterioration of international position is most notable for adult mortality and especially for women.

Nice grpah showing how we've declined against ROW high income countries
www.ceda.berkeley.edu...

Then there's this headline :
Life expectancy for poor white Americans drops sharply: they apparently can't explain the big drop ..."

The reasons for the decline remain unclear, but researchers offered possible explanations, including a spike in prescription drug overdoses among young whites, higher rates of smoking among less educated white women, rising obesity, and a steady increase in the number of the least educated Americans who lack health insurance. "

•White female high school drop-outs lived to 78.5 years in 1990, 73.5 years in 2008
•Females who finished college lived for 83.9 years, males for 80.4

•White males who didn't finish high school reached 70.5 years in 1990 and 67.5 2008
•American women are now 41st in the world life expectancy league table, they were 14th in 1985

blacks & latino's have improved, whites overall have krept up slightly, hispanic's are living the longest and black as a group people have improved to around the level of the less educated white people, theirs is the biggest improvement.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Nice Info graphic makes the above STATS for the USA very clear.

www.nytimes.com...

News item from the NY Times
www.nytimes.com...

However no need to cheer for the living longer, Hispanics also appear to suffer more than their share of medical ailments. Latinos are at greater risk than whites for diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular disease and stroke, among other diseases.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

In Serali's study, there was the odd group of male rats that had higher doses of GMO / R but lived longer than the smaller dose group, however they were in worse shape with regard to body organs/ tumors....

In his study females rats fared much worse than the males, interestingly in this info graphic you can see the white uneducated women doing much worse than the men... when we look at the black graphic men's gains were much higher than the womens. Even in the Hispanic graphic you can see the men showing a steeper gradient and hence more rapid improvement. Now obviously there are a whole host of other factors going on..but it does make you wonder....

We know childhood rates of liver & kidney disease are increasing as are allergies/immune system issues & cancers, we also have serious thyroid issues (most of which appeared in the rat study).....
I think Japan saying we'll look how the American children fare over the next 20 years when GMO's were introduced here (instead of rushing in), were very wise ... (good job too given they're all extra radiated now !)

edit on 12-10-2012 by AliceBlackman because: spelling correction

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
If I see a product labled Non GMO I will buy it over one that is unlabled.
I'm sure that I am not alone.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
If I see a product labled Non GMO I will buy it over one that is unlabled.
I'm sure that I am not alone.

I would recommend you try to buy as much Organic food as you can manage to afford, this is the only way to minimise exposure. I seriously recommend buying organic milk to ensure you are not getting the genetically modified growth hormone (banned in Eurpoe, as it causes cancer).

The other thing that will help you cut down on the stuff is avoiding anything with corn/soy/canola & cotton seed oil, unless they are stated as organic.
I actually got all happy because I found a dorito's substitute made from non gmo ingredients.made by kettle in Kroger on my last shop...snacks/candies are the hardest to find...and I haven't seen organic popcorn in months. Guess I'll have to see if I can find an on-line supply.

I swapped out a couple of items each normal shop, by looking at labels to find a replacement product that didn't have these ingredients. And look for wild caught fish, the farmed stuff is fed gmo feed as are our meat animals.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join