It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***Mabon/Fall Equinox***Turning of the Wheel.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
***Today represents the turning of the wheel once again.***

Harvest time: A time of being thankful for the fruits and bounty of our labors. BUT, it is also a time of letting go. Maybe the fruits withered on the vine or the soil became dry and death overcame the precious lives we loved or nurtured.

We are supposed to be happy and spend time with our family and friends to praise the gifts received. But what if what we received was pain and suffering like myself and so many I know.

Concentrate and focus on the good that has come from this year, no matter how small. Find balance in your life. Through these connections to the divine, may we see this years harvest holiday as a confirmation that we are all together in this change.

May the change of seasons cleanse our souls from pain or poor harvest. As the air becomes crisper and the leaves change and fall, may we too shed the skin that has no more use.

In America our grain belt has withered and though we don't see it now, it impacts us greatly. Our food chain is suffering, climate patterns are changing, and just like this holiday, the axis is shifting and tilting.

For me, today is about honoring the greatness in each of my friends, family, husband, children and parents, not about my withered and dried out garden.***

Love To All ♥ ♥ ♥
edit on 22-9-2012 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

That was beautiful and thank you for your insight.

I want to add some thoughts...

Balance is key and so is unity.

When you align yourself as one and there is balance one can feel the divine within and see it abroad.

The reflection is seen as one.

Harvest time is a time of reflection as we learn from the past to create a better future.

Peace and love to you and yours Op!! xoxoxo

Thank you again!

Jenn

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
That was really beautiful. Amid all of the worldwide gloom and doom, and personal issues, your post gave me pause to stop and think of things of this past year I am truly grateful for.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

The reflection is seen as one.

Harvest time is a time of reflection as we learn from the past to create a better future.

That too is beautiful! It IS time to create a better future. Thank you for your reply!!!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

It is true that so much is wasted on doom and gloom. I have been guilty of it myself. Its like a contagious feeling that transfers to all who read fear mongering titles and threads. I wanted to balance that with something positive, something that can make one pause and reflect on the gifts we have and just give thanks...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Well said. Also, as the Holly King takes over, it's the perfect opportunity to balance generosity and give canned foods to the needy. Just imagine the way the gifts you got from Earth help balance out society when you pass on those blessings.

Aaaand... drink lots of wine! I'm celebrating with hops instead but... second harvest spirits is as second harvest spirits does (paraphrased from the wise Forest Gump). Heheh.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Ahhh the Wine of Course!!! I didn't drink last night, but sure wanted to

And yes donating food, clothes and toys is something we do every year!
Merry Merry!

top topics

join