It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You become the next President of the United States - Congratulations!...now what?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'd abdicate.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
prolly have an intern give me a bj in the oval office.
edit on 22-9-2012 by davidsander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
throw it all out and replace with Vulcan high command.
logic rules the day, as sick and strange as it may sound,
might still be better.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Get RON PAUL to be my vice pres.

Have him inform the House and Senate what he thinks needs doing.

Lock the doors and put armed guards outside with orders to shoot to kill if anyone tries to leave.

Refuse food and bathroom breaks until they come to a consensus on all of Paul's "suggestions".

Once a consensus is reached I would sign the new bills into law.

Resign, leave it to Paul, and of course, spend the rest of my time playing golf.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
First, ban most federal luxuries, including vacations for all elected officials, and ban suits and ties, except for international diplomacy. Use every opportunity to push a "roll up our sleeves and get back to work" culture of can-do-it-ism in government.

Shame congress into making itself (and the whole federal government, including the military) subject to all laws. Unifiy all heathcare and retirement systems into social security and other existing systems. Expand medicare to include all Americans and budget the appropriate amount (much higher than today) for enforcement to stop fraud.

Restructure the war department into an actual defense department, bring home most of the troops overseas, and cut funding by at least 50%.

Disband DHS completely. Repeal the patriot act. See to it that all of the protections in the Bill of Rights are rejuvenated, repealing all laws that contradict them.

Totally overhaul the tax code, removing almost all loopholes and credits. Revert to Clinton-era rates and make all forms of income, including dividend, interest, and capital gains income taxable as ordinary income. Repeal the corporate income tax completely, and begin an ambitious plan to lure as many foreign companies as possible to the United States.

I think that is enough for the first day.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
sob quietly in the corner as i realize i have no actual power, prepare myself for rapid aging and go grey almost immediately due to stress.

did i miss anything? :p

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Where to start...hmmm first things first.

Commander in Chief...

1. End all aggressive conflict abroad if not approved by congress by a formal declaration of war.
2. Maintain a strong military presence in the Middle East on existing bases and with an
.adequate naval fleet (the old "walk softly but carry a big stick" from Roosevelt)
3. Without a declaration of war rescind NDAA and restore Habeas corpus.
4. Conduct a study of our military bases abroad to ascertain the relevance and pertinence (of
each) to our declared allies and to maintain our own national security. Close or downsize all
superfluous bases.

Homeland...

1. Dismantle DHS and reassign personnel to border patrol and naval port security,
use appropriated funds to enhance border security with new surveillance and
existing satellite technology, and manned surveillance points at regular intervals
along all borders.
2. Restore US citizen's right to privacy by rescinding the Patriot Act and all
existing surveillance infrastructure (subsequent to an official declaration of war
or by oath and affirmation of probable cause pursuant to constitutional warrant)
3. Federal elections;
a. Work with congress to disable electoral college in favor of popular vote
b. Work with congress and the American people to pass legislation to ensure the
integrity of the voting process by requiring voter ID (tied) to SS number to vote.
c. Require paper ballot with verified voter ID and SS on all ballots for all federal elections.
d. Require public hand-count of all ballots, and public tallies of all votes.
e. End voter registration
4. Grant one time amnesty for existing illegal immigrants who declare their status, obtain
a SS#, and pass (existing) required immigration exam.
5. Work to repeal essential parts of the Codex Alimentarius directed at restricting small US
ranchers and farmers from growing, raising, or selling foodstuffs.
6. Legalize hemp production and marijuana cultivation, (buying and selling to be licensed and
enforced by existing TABC with taxation set at the state level)
7. Restore control of the US money supply (and interest rates) to the congress and the Federal
Treasury at the end of the 100 year Federal Reserve charter in 2013.
8 Restructure the TSA to include bomb-sniffing canines and metal detectors for large
airship flights, and phase out pat down searches as adequate canines and handlers
become available--require unbreachable cockpit doors and armed pilots--high calibur
safe-bullets, and stun weapons. TSA disallowed jurisdiction on any vehicle or transport
where the vehicle itself cannot be reasonably employed as a weapon of destruction
if commandeered/hijacked.
9. Require 50% tariff increase on goods from countries with a greater than a 100% trade
imbalance--implemented with 5% increases every ninety days, until the max tariff is
reached, or until the trade imbalance is reduced to less than 100%.
10. Constitutional amendment to maintain fiscal responsibility in government requiring
that all seated congressmen and senators (not be eligible) for re-election unless
the federal government is operating within its budget (in the black).
(i don't know how to get these next two done, but...)
11. Introduce legislation to outlaw political lobbying.
12. Introduce legislation to declare that all political contributions must come from individual
citizens only.
13. Declare all active teachers at public schools immune from federal income tax (active teachers
only, not administrators or principals)
14. Introduce legislation to require popular vote to enact Affordable Care Act, and other such
massive social legislation....

take a break for lunch, refrain from riding around in open topped limos and/or visiting the local theater

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
#1 Repeal Obamacare

#2 Repeal NDAA

#3 Repeal HR347

#4 Repeal the Patriot Act

#5 Return as much power to the states as they are equipped to handle. Social programs, Highways, Education (no more Fed Dept of Ed).

#6 Legalize a lot of things...won't get into specifics...no need to fight...as Romney says "Just trust me". They will be taxable, put it that way.

#7 Start the immediate draw out of the troops in Afganistan.

#8 Close the bases in every country that there is not a clear and imminent threat...

#9 Expand clean coal research for the here and now while simultaneously investing in alternative fuels and energy.

#10 Remove the Dept of Homeland Security

#11 Seriously overhaul the tax code so that it's understandable by the average citizen (the thing is like 75,000 pages!)

#12 term limits for House and Senate

#13 Oh yeah....get rid of the Lobbyist

#14 No more unlimited money in campaigns, no more Super Pacs...it would be a taxpayer funded election and each and every party and candidate would get the exact same amount and that is all they can use...use more....disqualified, fined and/or jailed.
That's a start

edit on 21-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

I'd vote for you.

Unless Cthulhu was running :-)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join