It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capita gets contract to find 150,000 illegal immigrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Capita gets contract to find 150,000 illegal immigrants

www.bbc.co.uk

Services company Capita has won a government contract to find and remove more than 150,000 migrants who have overstayed their visas, it has been revealed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The UK Government have outsourced the finding of over 150,000 illegal immigrants that they have lost. Despite how this sounds, I personally think it is a good idea. The government doesn't have the resources or clearly the capability to keep tabs on illegal immigrants so using company such as Capita should provide a good solution.

With this many illegal immigrants keeping under the radar in the UK, there must be a huge security risk. Alongside this, they should immediately deport any non-UK citizen immediately if they are convicted of a serious offence and make it more difficult for people to enter the country in the first place. This way, immigration numbers will fall, so will crime and overcrowding and illegal accommodation (i.e beds in sheds). Of course, this is just a theory and immigrants aren't solely responsible for any of the above by any means. However, if this single issue is controlled then at least we can be sure that 99% of immigrants are hard working and law abiding.

Then we need to focus on getting the current British citizens into shape because society is only heading one way.

What is the general consensus on 'privatising' government responsibilities? Is it the way forward to a 21st century government or is it yet another nail in the coffin?

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This country has been going down the tubes ever since the railways, the gas board, the electricity board, the bloody education system, and parts of the NHS have been sold off to private concerns. I think it is a complete travesty, that the things that should be the sole responsibility of HM Government, should be passed on to private organisations in this way. The recent debacle that was the security provided by G4S at the London Olympic Games events ought to be proof enough. The fact that our trains are so overpriced should be proof enough. The fact that energy provision in this country is so damned expensive, and refuses to come down in price to an adequate degree, ought to be proof enough. Hell, the fact that our own HM Revenue and Customs is being ripped off by its landlords and site management companies to the tune of tens of billions a year should more than ram the point home, and yet....

Its a bloody joke, and we all know why they want to hand off this particular, and most odious task to the private organisations. It is because these companies are outside of government, and so the worst accusation that can be leveled at government if the private force fail to collect these potential deportees, is that the organisation responsible should never have been hired, and that to do so was bloody silly. Now that might seem like a pretty serious accusation, but it has to be a thousand times better than those which can currently be pointed at our government, particularly Teresa May. That of course being, that she, and every cretinous idiot under her command ought to be out of a job tomorrow , and replaced with people who are actually capable of providing a security service which CANNOT loose immigrants, cannot loose prisoners, cannot be accused of any small lack of efficiency or effectiveness, and does not make enormous gaffes, mostly because its so poorly staffed that its a wonder it can fill a coffee machine, let alone an airport immigration form, this despite being very well funded, considering the cuts culture we are in.
edit on 18-9-2012 by TrueBrit because: Error correction.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
We are led to assume then,that Capita are more
cost effective than the government at providing
this service.
This means Capita will probably have to employ
illegal immigrants to keep their costs down.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
If you were in the USA, the illegals are right out in the open with their 'un-documented and un-afraid signs demanding their 'rights'. Would be easy to find them. In any case, illegal immigration is a serious problem and needs to be dealt with.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. I think you've said what many people in the UK think. Unfortunately, I can't see a way out of it now. It's going to take some radical changes and no potential government at the moment is likely to do anything radical as it will upset too many people. Old fashioned politics in the UK is pretty much F***ed now, it's a popularity contest. It's almost as if the government is lowering itself to the shallow materialistic world that many people now decide to live in because they are now the 'target audience'. On top of that, they seem t have taken the "why do a job yourself when you can pay someone else to do it?" attitude; A typical trait of the middle classes and the Tories.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. I think you've said what many people in the UK think.

Strange eh? Strange that you and I, and the majority of people in the nation can see these things, but the highly educated Etonians and public school boys that make up the government cannot!

Unfortunately, I can't see a way out of it now. It's going to take some radical changes and no potential government at the moment is likely to do anything radical as it will upset too many people. Old fashioned politics in the UK is pretty much F***ed now, it's a popularity contest. It's almost as if the government is lowering itself to the shallow materialistic world that many people now decide to live in because they are now the 'target audience'.

I have a name for this sickness, that we caught off our televisions, and our media. I call it Primetime-ism. Put another way, it is the inability to function as a thinking being, bought on by massive media manipulation, edification of morons, and the debasement and hatred of all intellectual pursuit and original thought. But do not get me wrong, the government have not lowered themselves anywhere. They are right where they want to be, I can assure you of that.

On top of that, they seem t have taken the "why do a job yourself when you can pay someone else to do it?" attitude; A typical trait of the middle classes and the Tories.

On that very point, I think it does say an awful lot about the way our country has collapsed, that the period of the most economic concern, has been presided over by a Labour party that contained no truely working class people, and a Conservative/ Liberal Democrat coallition that seems bent on destroying everything that the REAL Labour party fought for, and won for all of us back before I was even born.

If we had some bin men, lorry drivers, postmen, street sweepers, plumbers, people who get thier hands dirty in the course of a working day, without fail, every single day, in parliament now, none of this bloody nonsense lately would have happened. You wouldnt get Richard Branson getting his trainline taken off of him, or a European company winning the contract to build a bunch of rolling stock for our train lines, instead of handing the contract to a firm in Derby, which would have been the socially responsible thing to do. That is just one example, but the point stands.

When we have had TRUELY working class folks in power, we have had more progress toward social equality, improvements in healthcare, eduction and access to education, policing, and more besides. The minute the Labour Party became New Labour, and we elected that grinning hellspawn as our Prime Minister at the end of the nineties, the moment we allowed that working class opposition to get full of public school graduates, and former media studies students, we allowed our political system to become so skewed , so massively unbalanced toward greed and ego, rather that toward charity and selflessness, that we may as well have walked into the sea with our mouths open.

And you know, you are right, I cannot see a way forward from here. Politically speaking, they are too subtle and too powerful to unseat now. The solution will either come with the end of times, or when enough of us realise that we may not understand a Libor rate, but we sure as the circles of hell know how to construct a molotov.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Great posts.

I wonder how many people connected with The Conservative Party have shares in Capita?

It seems that providing a service is no longer a duty of our government and everything has to run at a profit.

Nothing will stop Cameron in his drive to return us to a Victorianesque society.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I think the real kicker here is that despite the fact that we pay more for our government now, than at any time before this, the people who are actually in government pay less and less attention to the actual needs of the people. They truely have forgotten that in actuality, they are our employees.

If they keep handing off responsibilities like this, then pretty soon we will have to deal with a new government department. They could call it the DoF. Department of Franchisees.

new topics

top topics

join