It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi/US Troops, the unlikely alliance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
BY RICK JERVIS

Chicago Tribune
ISKANDARIYAH, Iraq - (KRT) - The Iraqi special forces troops assigned to the U.S. Marines here fight, live, sleep and learn alongside their Marine counterparts, sharing personal stories, jokes and training tips.

Last year, some of them were exchanging rifle and rocket fire with Marines in the single deadliest battle of the Iraq ground war.

Iraqi Troops

It seems that at least some Iraqis actually want to fight for their country.
It must be pretty tough, working WITH the people, who you wanted to kill just last year. I really admire the ability of BOTH sides to put the past, where it belongs.

Link replaced with working link

[edit on 15-10-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hey, you either trust them or kill them,

I remember on another thread, during the day they trained and at night the shoot back.

I feel that our troops are at disadvantage when it comes to who to trust with your life, and right now I don't thing it should be any Iraqi.

I bet in the day they wear the uniforms supply by the US and at night the put back their ropes and become the enemy(better trained occurs)

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Spacedoubt,

there is a bit of wishful thinking your post. Recruiting into the occupying force is an ages-old way of infiltration. It happens routinely in Chechnya, for example. So don't break out the champagne... At least until the occupation is over and the American troops are safely home, for which I pray.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Not wishful thinking..but not Doom and gloom either.
I certainly know what you mean. It's a perfect opportunity to collect intelligence.
But that works BOTH ways.

Both sides of this conflict need to see the human side of things.
I think there can be progress from there.

And I think my link is broken now..aye!

I'll see if I can gather the original text if thats ok to post...

new topics

top topics

join