It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the internet getting a little too personal?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
You are Mafia in your heads, that is!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tzdub

great post and great avatar

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB6699
Just as I am reading this thread, this box popped up… from AVG

Your computer is safe, now let us secure your phone.

Excuse me????

What does AVG has to do with my phone?
Can anyone explain this one to me please ?

Smart phones can and do become infected with malware, just like regular computers. Downloading and installing free apps from sites other than the official Google Play site can contain harmful malware, spyware, etc.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardoom
reply to post by nightstalker78

A day is coming in the very near future when you will need to enter your Social Security number or something similar to even access the internet. I can guarantee you of this. It's all part of plan for the control grid here on prison planet.

Really dude?I feel sorry for you if you really believe that'll happen.It seems to me you have it in your mind that government controls everything(you're so wrong,it's sad). And even if it does..no one is going to force you to enter ANY info on the internet. Least of all your SSN. I realize this is ATS..but come on people use your damn brains

You really can't be that naive can you? In case your unaware of it they can trace the "pipe" you enter the internet with, it's called an IP address, so the next logical step is to "personalize" the traffic through that pipe by assigning you a specific number in which to personally identify you as an individual.

In case you don't know the hardware you use to access a network and the internet already has this in place and that is called a MAC address.

A Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to network interfaces for communications on the physical network segment. MAC addresses are used for numerous network technologies and most IEEE 802 network technologies, including Ethernet. Logically, MAC addresses are used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer of the OSI reference model.

MAC addresses are most often assigned by the manufacturer of a network interface card (NIC) and are stored in its hardware, the card's read-only memory, or some other firmware mechanism. If assigned by the manufacturer, a MAC address usually encodes the manufacturer's registered identification number and may be referred to as the burned-in address. It may also be known as an Ethernet hardware address (EHA), hardware address or physical address. A network node may have multiple NICs and will then have one unique MAC address per NIC.

So the only thing left for them to do is to assign you a specific number or identifier so they know who is using the equipment, it's not a far fetched idea considering the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) they are trying to push through since SOPA was shot down.

If they do make you use your social security number or something similar to access the internet, I didn't say it would be on display for everyone on the net to see but it WOULD be a way to pin down your IP address usage specifically to YOU making your usage very "personalized" so to speak.

You need to do some research before you comment, so you don't look clueless and ignorant.

Start your research here...

Carnivore

Echelon

and maybe you'll star to realize how much they DO control.

Class dismissed.

edit on 13-9-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

I'm well aware of how the internet works dude.No need to get all snotty and post something you think isn't common knowledge. I addressed what you said about SSN being used to access the internet.It will NOT happen. And even if it does..well,anyone who chooses to enter that info deserves what they get.In my eyes the internet has run it's course anyway.I wouldn't be sad if I didn't have access to it.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I'm well aware of how the internet works dude.No need to get all snotty and post something you think isn't common knowledge.

I believe you were the one who initiated the smart a$$ed snotty attitude there pal, and I gave you a taste of your own medicine, sprinkled with a little dose of schooling which obviously left a bad taste in your mouth. Guess you didn't like it done back to you.
In the future try to remember to never chew the pills only swallow them.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by davidsander

thanks, i love breaking bad as well as game of thrones. cant wait till 2013 for the next seasons. btw as this is one of my first posts, i wasnt sure on where to put it (category-wise). do u happen to know where i shouldput this for more ppl to come across it. cause "computer problems" wa automatic and doesnt really coiniced with the topic itself

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnik
You are Mafia in your heads, that is!

which means....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join