It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gilligan's Island Meets 9/11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The crew of the S.S.Minnow had finally been rescued after three decades of being stranded on a deserted island in the pacific.

After the initial fanfare settled down, the former castaways slowly began to realize just how much things had changed in the time that they had been away from civilization.

Utilizing this awesome new resource known as the internet, the Professor quickly became a scholar of all the history that he'd missed. History, it seemed, had taken a really strange twist in the past decade.

Particularly, the events surrounding 9/11 seemed to have left many unanswered questions. Questions of physics and logic and accountability.

While trying to wrap his head around the science surrounding 9/11, the Professor noticed oddities in the video footage. Generally speaking, jumbo jets flying at 500+ MPH generate a considerable amount of wind turbulence. He watched the 'impacts' closely with this idea in mind. When the 2nd tower explodes, the fireball and smoke are not influenced by any such wind pressure. As a matter of fact, part of the fireball actually comes back out of the hole from the same direction that the alleged plane has just entered! Further, the resulting thick smoke wafts up the sides of the building and shows no signs of a wind disturbance. OOPS! While the idea of no planes on 9/11 isn't very appealing from a public relations standpoint, the laws of physics are not patriotic. He scratches his chin in wonderment.
edit on 11/9/2012 by htapath because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Ginger looked at her aging but still lovely face in the mirror. "Am I turning into a dreaded conspiracy theorist?" She started researching and was consumed by the enormity of it all.

She suddenly couldn't count all of the pink elephants in the room from the last few decades. JFK, RFK, JFKjr.,MLK, Johannesburg, Iran Contras, War on Drugs, Lockerbee, Oklahoma City, Ruby Ridge, Waco, Columbine, Vietnam, Enron, 9/11, Va. Tech, election fraud, misappropriation of funds, genecide, crimes against humanity, high treason, just to name a few.

Sure, lipstick on an occasional pig is necessary... but Ginger started to realize more cover-ups than Mary Kay and Avon could ever take credit for!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
After chatting with a distraught Ginger, Mary Ann starts to study the footage of the 'first plane' hitting the WTC complex. Being a photography major in college, she knows that something is surely rotten in Denmark.

She phones the professor and urges him to view the video as she narrates: "What I find extremely odd is how the camera swings into position perfectly as if it's on a laser guided swivel, and focuses on the WTC. Seems very well rehearsed IMO... oh and who checks for gas leaks without removing the manhole cover in question?

Ahh Anyway, the picture then zooms in and out for no apparent reason, other than to perhaps hide the true nature of the explosion. Who exactly was operating this 'miracle of technology' camera?

Veteran Indy 500 camera men using state of the art mounted equipment are rank amateurs compared to this whiz kid with a handheld!

Nah probably just a lucky shot (roughly equivalent to Gilligan scoring a hole-in-one on a 650 yard par 5 against the wind blindfolded)." Mary Ann takes another Ambien and weeps crocodile tears, overcome with the sting of betrayal.

She drifts off to sleep wondering if this is all just a bad dream.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Mrs. Howell reviewed the coverage of 9/11 on her 200 terabyte TIVO which had been recording FOX News since the day the S.S. Minnow went missing. A lot of things simply did not make sense, but most importantly:

1. If the first plane hit the WTC as the french video allegedly depicts, why wasn't this reported when the story first broke? How could a jet be mistaken for a Cessna with millions of witnesses looking on? Why was the clear and present danger misrepresented?

2. Why did the TV cameras NEVER show the WTC at ground level between the alleged first and second attacks? The loss of life and emergency response must have been massive. Yet the viewing public was led to believe there was no sense of urgency.

3. Why is all of the archived footage from FOX News on 9/11 different from what was actually broadcast live to the masses that day (especially from 8:40AM to 9AM EST)?

4. Why haven't these media related questions ever been posed, even by the 9/11 truth movements?

Not only was Mrs. Howell shocked and appalled by what she saw, she was also dazed and confused. What had happened to the USA, and who is this black president that appeared out of nowhere?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Thurston Howell III had been curiously peeping at the screen from his seat in the study, while occasionally sipping his dry martini. Why had Mrs. Howell become so obsessed with 9/11 while ignoring numerous invitations to political gatherings from their well-connected socialites?

Then something very strange occurred to Mr. Howell. He was familiar with the day-to-day operations of the New York Stock Exchange.

Why did the NYSE open at all on 9/11? The attacks happened well before the opening bell, and were easily reason enough to cancel any trading for the day. Why were CNN and FOX urging WTC stock traders specifically to come to work in the middle of all this carnage? Why did CNN and FOX give the 'all clear' after the first attack, claiming that the fires were not life threatening and the damage was confined to a couple of floors?

Mr. Howell hugged his teddy bear tightly, now wondering if his gold bullion was actually devilishly concealed tungsten.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Gilligan took a break from his research into chemtrails and phoned his friends to relay his findings. After chatting with his tight knit family of former castaways, a bigger and much more ominous threat became apparent to the first mate. Had they been rescued to a place where they felt more stranded now than ever before, or was this just another one of his insanely vivid dreams?

He texted each person in the group and suggested a meeting of the minds to discuss a plan of action. The skipper, it seemed, had not been heard from in days by any of his friends...

Gilligan checked all the usual haunts without success and gradually became very concerned.

Where are you SKIPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Could you link us up? I would like to see the smoke rise and camera swing, but I represent the lazy ones. Besides, the vids could give your op some context. Thanks.

That is, vids of the towers, not the Island.
edit on 11-9-2012 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The former passengers of the ill-fated S.S. Minnow all converged on the Skipper's residence. After knocking for what seemed like an eternity, the Professor tried to jimmy the lock with a credit card while everyone else looked on in nervous anticipation.

Ginger could wait no longer and decided to intervene directly. Scanning around the meticulously well manicured yard, she located a brick and knocked out a small window on the door. As they entered the house, the foul odor of rotting meat filled the air as everyone covered their noses.

The women all started to weep as they discovered a note on the Skipper's desk addressed 'To Whom It May Concern".....

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
tivo wasnt invented when the SS minnow vanished.

i think your speculation falls apart then...

also im pretty sure these isolated people would be so happy to be back in civilization they really wouolndt GAF about the world for at least a year after returning to it.

i for one, would be eating all the things i missed, finding people i had known, and getting my own life back LONG before caring about 9/11 or other major events.

they might come up in conversations, but its not something i would invest time in until i was well home.

you have come at this form an interesting angle, and i for one am a believer in the "inside job" idea.
but this kind of speculation really doesn't add anything to the dialect.

just a giggle .. imagine gilligan with an mp3 player (:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Days old raw chicken in the trash accounted for the smell, much to the relief of the Skipper's concerned friends. The note that he had left was curious indeed.

"To Whom It May Concern,

An increasing number of people wake up every morning and wonder just how in the hell we have arrived at our current standard of living. The greedy have inherited the earth, but from whom? Ahoy, matey! Pirates?

Who benefited the most from 'the world is flat' theory? The idea that a ship could sail right off the edge of the earth and plunge into an abyss was perhaps the most successful lie in world history. Have you ever sat back and wondered exactly how and why this idea came into being?

Such a large scale disinformation campaign would seem impossible, given the notion that humans have been utilizing boats for thousands of years. The fact is that pirates came into existence when boats did. Are those who presently rule the world descendants of these plunderers? For me, this disturbing notion is difficult to overlook.

When a ship loaded with riches sailed beyond the horizon, the floating mafia was always a great concern. These guys had an efficient witness elimination program and since there was a perceived danger of falling over the edge, the chances of any search party being sent was less likely. Add to this the way in which pirates have been portrayed as heroes and you have a valid conspiracy theory.

[C-O-N-S] P-I-R-A-C-Y wow what a coincidence. Could it be that the internet and the entire genre of mass media was created by the same PIRATES who manufactured "the world is flat" theory?

If anyone needs me, I'll be down at the docks working on my newly acquired S.S. Minnow II. I'm contemplating a new adventure.

Sincerely,

The Skipper"

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo
Could you link us up? I would like to see the smoke rise and camera swing, but I represent the lazy ones. Besides, the vids could give your op some context. Thanks.

That is, vids of the towers, not the Island.
edit on 11-9-2012 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

This is the fantasy and science fiction forum.

The information you reference would be found in the 9/11 forum.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Thank you for reading.

Gilligan's mp3 player would be loaded down with some toe tapping hits no doubt.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
After asking around at the docks, the former castaways were finally able to locate the Skipper. The SS Minnow II, as it turned out, was a small houseboat that did not appear to be very seaworthy.

As the crew stepped onto the boat, they were greeted by the smell of incense and a Bob Marley tune softly playing. Gilligan, still a little frantic and worried about his life long friend, called out "Hellooo." "Down here guys, what do you think about her?"

As Ginger descended the squeaky steps, she could hardly believe her eyes. The Skipper was laying in a hammock in an apparent state of bliss, with a permagrin on his face.

"Are you okay, you really gave us a scare. We don't know what has happened to the world, and we want to go back to the island." Mary Ann nodded in agreement. As the rest of the crew scampered down into the cramped living quarters, the Skipper calmly sat up.

"Settle down and relax," the Skipper gently spoke. "Don't buy into the fear our government is selling, and I can help you find the inner peace that we all had on the island."

Thurston Howell III piped in, "Have you gone MAD Skipper?"

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The Skipper looked at Mr. Howell and smiled. "Yes you might say I've lost my mind. Well, at the very least I've lost the part that harbors fear. Tell me, have your dreams become more vivid lately?"

"Mine sure have," the Professor said enthusiastically. "My dreams have become more meaningful and realistic than I am comfortable admitting to. Although I am uneasy about telling you this, I feel that discussing such subjects might have a very favorable outcome for all of us. There is much talk in the metaphysical field of a long awaited shift in consciousness, which will be the catalyst for a whole new way of looking at things."

"Yes, Professor. You are spot on," adds the Skipper. "What we know as the 'dream realm' is really a tangled thread which we should, as individuals, focus on unraveling. With practice, we can fill in the missing gaps between our dreams and our waking lives."

Gilligan starts to wonder if all his crazy dreams were actually real experiences...

Ginger experiences a deja vu and drifts off into a daydream.

Mary Ann has an epiphany, but forgets what it was.

Mrs. Howell checks her bank balance on her cell phone.

Mr. Howell sucks his thumb and squeezes his teddy.

The Professor scans the docks to see if there are any NSA lip-readers hanging around.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Nice post! Don't worry, I won't nitpick about TIVO. Although I'm still trying to figure out the turn with the Skipper, it does make you think a bit. To me, the worst thing about the 9/11 conspiracy is the people I know. Intelligent people, that completely deny it out of what I can only see as fear.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Kool Story! I'm guessing the Skipper brought along some of the Wild Weed from their Island? Is that why he was so Non-Fearing? LOL, JK..... Maybe. : ) Syx.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

Thank you for reading.

Yes some people tend to cover their ears, eyes, and nose when 9/11 is mentioned.

I guess they figure the rest of us will handle the situation and it will just go away.

edit on 12/9/2012 by htapath because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SyxDaliGee

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Who here, honestly, has the gumption to question the professor? Really? He made a radio out of a coconut. Can you make a radio out of a coconut? Of course not, because you're not the professor. I'm surprised they are still alive to be honest. I was certain someone would have murdered Gilligan in his sleep by now, seeing as how it's always his fault that they never got rescued. I loved that show, and it came well before my generation.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Oddly, he could make a radio from a coconut, but couldn't fix a couple of holes in a boat... I don't think the Professor wanted to leave

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join