It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sons of Anarchy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

What rock have I been living under that I did not know about this show? For some reason I thought it was a reality show about bikers "Meh, pass." At the insistence of a friend of mind, I went to Netflix to watch the first season. I was hooked by the end of the first episode.

I spent my entire weekend watching all four seasons and just "Wow!" It's rare to see such great acting, writing, and directing combined on one show especially over multiple seasons. The guest appearances are outstanding & the cameo by Stephen King creepy & hilarious!

So many shows lose momentum after a few seasons and tend to "jump the shark." I really hate that saying btw.
But SoA just keeps on giving and I have high expectations for Season 5 which starts Tuesday.

If you haven't watched this show yet, I *highly* recommend getting comfy & firing up Netflix. I also purchased season 4 on Amazon Instant Video for a mere $20. And yeah, I already bought a t-shirt too. *blush*
edit on 9/8/2012 by Whisper67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Thanks for the tip! I have netflix also. Gonna have to check it out!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I love this show and have seen every episode.

Although I have to disagree that it didn't lose momentum. When they were in Ireland chasing his son and the kidnappers it got a little slow. But I have to say that it picked up speed again in the last season.

Peace

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yeah totally awesome show to watch on Netflix. Cannot wait for it to start up again.

But I agree, I couldn't believe I didn't watch this show before I found it. It really is easily one of the most entertaining shows i've watched.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It's alright.. Breaking bad.. NOW THAT'S A GOOD SHOW!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I enjoyed it a lot! But like the poster above, it's not a patch on Breaking Bad, 'or' Dexter. They are my 2 fav tv shows to date by far.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenEars123

Yes, I am late on the Breaking Bad train too. My favorite genre is Dark Comedy so I think it's right up my alley and plan to start it very soon. At least I can say I've been watching Dexter since season one - agreed, one of my favorite shows as well.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
reply to post by OpenEars123

Yes, I am late on the Breaking Bad train too. My favorite genre is Dark Comedy so I think it's right up my alley and plan to start it very soon. At least I can say I've been watching Dexter since season one - agreed, one of my favorite shows as well.

you have very good taste!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I like the show, but its too hollywood.. the main character JAX or what ever.. he's to precious for the role and his acting is below par.

but its a popcorn series on a rainy sunday

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

. the main character JAX or what ever.. he's to precious for the role and his acting is below par.

Haha, I hear what you're saying. He's a little too pretty for the role and watching all the seasons back to back like I did, you can even see the "Hollywood" slip into all the characters. Jax with the buzz cut was a poor choice and in season 4, I swear Opie started using a flat iron.
Seriously though!

I wonder what real biker clubs think of the show. I thought they'd scowl at it & beat to a pulp any idiot brave enough to wear a SoA leather "cut" but then I looked online & saw where locally Indy Harley is having a Season 5 viewing party at a biker bar. *shrug*

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
hahaha.. hell the precious bikies may like it.

'' hey lads, once we've rolled this shop and beaten that poor schmuck to a pulp lets meet at my place around 7 for tonights episode, oh my god oh my god i cant wait to see if OP and that girl hookup! ''

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Season 5 starts tonight at 10 pm Eastern.

Here's my new hoodie LOL

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Season 5 premiere was intense. Unbelievably shocking.

Love the addition of new members including Chuck Zito, himself a former Hells Angel turned actor, and Kurt Yaeger as Greg the Peg.

Great show. It's close but I like the Sons even better than I do Breaking Bad.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It's good to have SAMCRO back in my living room! The season premiere was awesome! I forgot just how SMOKING HOT Tig's daughter was!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
DAMN! DAMN DAMN DAAAAMN!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
wow, that was a pretty friken good episode.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Did not see that coming

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Its all about Breaking Bad, Walking Dead and SOA.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It's my favorite show along with Walking Dead.

I've been watching SOA from the start. I knew when i saw the creator was one of the main writers from The Shield, i had a feeling it was gonna be good.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Looking forward to the season finale tomorrow.

Cool that Sons of Anarchy doesn't do mid season breaks like the Walking Dead does.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join