It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Threat From DNC Delegate: ‘Mitt Romney… I Would Like To Kill Him!’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
First I would like to say, I really do try to avoid the political forums on this site.
I only stumble into them when the ATS hot topics email has one that is really really interesting.

All that said I'm actually starting a thread here(I know I'm shocked too).

So a DNC Delegate said she wants to kill Romney in an interview.
The Secret Service is investigating this matter.

Here is what I find abhorrent, if this had been reversed the whole of the media would be screaming about this.
Twitter and FB would be agog with calls for her head.
Someone would have put her address and phone number online.

I don't actually condone those actions, my problem with this whole situation is that there seems to be a double standard.
When a Democrat is threatened the whole of the Republican party is painted as violent racists.
When a Republican is threatened it's almost ignored.

I'm a Libertarian and I think both the Democrats and Republicans are screwed up entirely.
That said when I've been drawn into political debates I've been insulted and threatened by Democrats far more than Republicans.
One time when I said I've been threatened more by Democrats I was called a "filthy liar" and told that if they saw me in person they would beat me to death, other insults were thrown in as well.
Um... my claim was that I've been threatened by Democrats more often and the response was insults and threats from a Democrat.
The whole situation was surreal.

Honestly both sides are screwed up, but in my experience Democrats are more violent and prone to insults.
What's worse is even in the midst of violent rhetoric the one throwing the insults tries to claim the high moral ground...

So who come one side can spew hate and violence and not be called on it, while when one Republican says something violent the entire party is painted as violent?

Here is the link to the original article that alerted the Secret Service.

Threat from Delegate

For balance here is the Huffington post article that showed up after the Secret Service was alerted.

Huffingtonpost

So why does the side that spews at least as much violent rhetoric if not more get to claim the moral high ground?
edit on 6-9-2012 by Pigraphia because: Missspelled a word in the link.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This high moral ground thing is a joke IMHO. Nice post.

Call me old-fashioned, being called a slut is derogatory not cool. Wearing a "Slut" button is keeping the bar pretty darn low.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
There is no doubt will will see the ole double standard hard at work with this incident.

Funny how conservatives are constantly accused by libs of being violent, home-grown terrorists bent on destroying the nation, wanting to put people back into chains, wanting to let old people die, immigrant hating, and just all round menaces to society, when in fact, the majority of the vile, pure hatred we read or hear is from the mouths of these very same accusers.

I fully expect the Obama campaign and administration as well as the leadership of the DNC to strongly and publicly condemn the words of this woman. There is no excuse for her actions. She should be immediately removed as a delagate and expelled from the Democratic party. Just as I would expect from the RNC and Romney if the situation were reversed.

Yea right......

edit on 7-9-2012 by Hugues de Payens because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2012 by Hugues de Payens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hugues de Payens

The Obama campaign may come out and say this lady is in the wrong.
Even if they did the majority of the Left would say "oh well crazy old people are crazy", or ignore it completely.

More than likely the Obama campaign will not even comment or if they do they will say "well we can't control everyone in our party".
That's the point though, the Left is becoming more violent by the day.
I honesty believe most of my Left wing friends as misguided as they are want to help people.
That doesn't change the fact that something is rotten at the hart of their party, something is terribly wrong.
Violence and violent rhetoric is becoming more and more common, yet they continue to Ignore it, explain it away, justify it, or claim the moral high ground and say the Right wing is the violent party.

I'm not saying there aren't problems with the right, but at least when someone on the right says something like this everyone turns on them.

There have been 0 rapes at Tea Party protests to my knowledge, but at OWS there were not only rapes the victims were pressured into silence.
Fortunately some victims wouldn't stay quite.

There is something rotten in the state of Denmark.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

You elaborated on the point I was trying to make very well. The liberals have been able to turn right into wrong, and wrong into right. You can bet your ass that if a Republican delegate had made those same threats towards the Democratic nominee, there would be huge out cry from the left, and rightly so I might add. But for this one......crickets.....from the left at least.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
So why does the side that spews at least as much violent rhetoric if not more get to claim the moral high ground?

They sure do try but anyone who is paying attention and has a modicum of critical thinking skills knows the truth of that.

They don't, and they never had the moral high ground about any issue that is currenty the talking points.

threatening to kill and the slut button that's keeping it classy DNC.

top topics

join