It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kinder Eggs, need some info!!!! xD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hello everyone.

I have a quick question here, My mother is traveling to Colombia for a week, when I was 5 years old before coming to the United States, I remember my mother buying my younger brothers and I these white chocolate eggs with toys inside of them.
We were smart kids, we always wanted the toy inside right after eating the chocolate, we also knew we could choke on it and should be careful eating it.
ANYWAYS, my mother will be leaving this Saturday coming up and I know these chocolates are illegal in the U.S, but I remember they are or were so DELICIOUS and FUN .
So I wanted to know if anyone knew a way to bring them in a legal way.
I was thinking if she separates the candy from the toy (I want the toy :lol
placed them in Ziploc bags maybe it was allowed. does anyone know or can confirm this. I have been looking all over the web and nothing comes up.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Are they illegal to possess? I suspect it's just illegal to sell them.
edit on 2-9-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
kinder suprise egg's are illegal in the u.s.?
is that a joke?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

well what I was thinking is that she removes them from their wrapper, separate the candy from the toy and bring them, would TSA give her trouble??

link   

well what I was thinking is that she removes them from their wrapper, separate the candy from the toy and bring them, would TSA give her trouble??

link   

Originally posted by Kino321
kinder suprise egg's are illegal in the u.s.?
is that a joke?

Choking hazard. You can have a gun if you want one though.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kino321

im serious...www.cbc.ca...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ^anubis^

I don't know anything about the law or what they allow so I won't give any advice, but I think the same company sell bars of chocolate that are pretty much the same but without the toy. I remember enjoying them as a kid but I don't remember them being much different from other brands of chocolate.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

lol I mean all I buy now are bags and bags and bags of Hershey's Cookies n Creme chocolate dots...BUT
I remember them being so good and the toys was really fun to build, I'm 23 years old now maybe its a childhood memory thing but I have been wanting them for years, until last year I found the name of them and have been on a search ever since.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It's not worth the risk. We have them here in Canada no problem... But getting them into the US might mean trouble, as seen in the article abovmentioned.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
www.dutchmarket.ca...

this is where I buy mine. Shipping price is kind of high but I have no issues getting them here in the US. The kids love them.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I just read that link. Up until last year we would buy them in Canada and bring them home. I just thought you couldn't buy them in the US. I didn't know they were illegal. Grrrrrrr.......
edit on 2-9-2012 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
We still have Kinder Surprise in Australia, however, you don't want them. The whole nostalgic experience of popping open the container with your teeth and putting together a multi-piece toy to play with is gone. The toys come pretty much fully formed now, with maybe 2 pieces max to put together. All that choking hazard bs, Thanks America!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I'm in B.C> Canada and we have them here. They're sold everywhere here. Stupid to make them illegal. The toys are pretty much the same as they have been for years. Never heard about them being a danger till I read a story about a kid putting the toy in their mouth and choking. Anything small would choke a toddler. They shouldn't be illegal.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ^anubis^

First time I've heard of Kinder Eggs. On the one hand I'm not crazy about the idea of putting toys in something edible, but on the other hand, we have Lifesaver candies, Jawbreakers, and all sorts of hard candies that toddlers WANT to put in their mouth. I think these 'legal' candies should be considered more dangerous than those eggs.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I don't like those big round candies, I'm afraid I might swallow one accidentally. I had bad experience when I was a kid with candy, one of those liquorice coins got stuck in my throat, was not a nice experience.

but kinder eggs are awesome.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ^anubis^

Try your nearest Irish goods store.There was one near me that sold all the Kinder range. dunno if it still exists though.I had to stop going there. Kinder chocolate is addictive and probably really bad for you.

new topics

top topics

join