It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Image of Baphomet: Upsetting Folks Since 1855.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The imagine pictates many ancients mythologies, but beyond that is a hoax.

You can see the greek god of wine there. You can see Zeus sitting, but this is what the picture of Washington was supposed to pictade. Him as a Roman/Greek, with power, knowledge and wisdom. But the Pan, which in reality is the greek God of wine and not European in Origin at all (well, Hellas is in Europe of course). The snake that holds the earth in it's grasps. The half-moon ... the "below as above" (moons), the pentagram being the symbol of witches. I am not familiar with the why star of david has six edges, and why only 5 depicts satanism ...

It's just a collection of many sources put in one picture ... not really worth anything, imo.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Originally posted by Phenomium

Originally posted by Xoanon
reply to post by Phenomium

The Amygdyla is a critical set of subcortical nuclei that deals with the emotional and affective behaviors of the limbic system, and does indeed, control the primal seat of the behavior in question, but I fail to see the need for you to educate me on it.

I only meant to support your argument by linking to the Wiki posts on those regions of the brain. My only motivation was to entertain and maybe share something with you that would be new.

Yes, I agree with you, had been wanting to address the issue, and was grateful for your post which draws attention to the issue, as the subject is, in my opinion, a viable and interesting one.

Grouchy pants.

X.
edit on 2-9-2012 by Xoanon because: .

Well, I thank you for your inquisitiveness to my disposition regarding my proclamation in relation to this forum retort, and for the entire discussion ....except for the "grouchy pants" thing.

I do have a grouch problem, I'll admit.

It is a psychological issue that an individual with a doctorate in psychology would make a lot of money from, yet would never be able to repair.

I have demons that visit me every night, literally,....unless I am inebriated... to the point of spiritual lethargy. I mean "real" demons too, not the figurative ones...they do irritate me.

I dont want to push any wrong buttons,,, but what if those demons do not exist but are results of your thoughts or imagination? Im just wondering? have you tried to control them? peacefully and confidently demand them to leve you alone,?, smirk and laugh in their general direction? if you are so offended by "satanic" imagery, i am assuming you are one with god and goodness,,, if you are one with god and goodness how can demons effect you in any negative way? tell them to bother someone else.... or occupy themselves.... they are that needy for attention they have to pick on your when your trying to get some rest, or whenever it is they try to play?

I say if you have an once of power, strength, dignity, or value in yourself,, stand up with confidence,,, and do away with them,..,
edit on 3-9-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

say your a man of god,,, but praise the lord of the bottle to cast away nightly demons...

You act as if a demon is human.

There is no negotiation or debate with them. They are more frightening than a Stephen King movie. Be it a Christian or a non-believer, is of no concern to a demon, save a Christian probably has of a sweeter smell to them.

It is not so simple to control a demon or to get rid of it. You don't demand them to peacefully do anything.I have been seeing the worst of the worst for 20 years now. I messed with the occult one time when I was 20 and these demons have harassed me nightly ever since. It is only when I am sober that they attack, not while inebriated. This is when I get true rest.

It is really irrelevant to the topic at hand, at the very least. I really shouldn't have mentioned it. We are discussing the Baphomet issue concerning the other guy...this issue of mine, although not getting any easier and having accepted it as a standard of `my life`, is not the issue here. Let`s get back on topic. If not, it will be deleted anyway. Is that fair ?

I really don`t like to discuss this, as it is getting really old hearing the same advice and resolutions over and over. After 20 years, just know that I have tried everything. When it comes to demons, advice is one thing and reality another.

If you have never had a demon infesting your life...your advice is really unfounded.. as you have less experience than someone without a child telling someone with a child....how to raise that child. It is not as easy as you think to rid yourself of such a spiritual plague.

As far as it being in my mind, every other aspect of my life is normal, no hallucinations no drugs. This is 20 years now and it is isolated to a date when I read from a book called the Necronomicon, that night I heard a voice call my name and turn lights off on my house. Ever since, I have had the hauntings to follow me all over the world, as I am well traveled. They never hurt me, but have touched me physically. They seem to want to just terrorize me. I know this does open a pandora`s, box but we really have to get back on topic here though. I am used to this at this point. It is what it is,...I did bring this upon myself. I deal with it the beast I can. After 20 years is is no easier though, these things are like the faces of humans, each one has a distinction that is different from the last. All of which are just as terrifying, my sleep has to be under the terms of sedation...hell it is 5:10 AM as I write this. I have to be knocked out cold...or they come.
edit on 3-9-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by SolarIce
reply to post by Cuervo

Maybe so...It would just be another reason to the list of why I dislike religion. Infact I agree with you, because I always felt the crucifix was a strange way to remember Jesus, sure he died for our sins, but to remember him as a bloody mess?...

Yeah... kinda twisted, eh? Just like the whole symbolic cannibal thing they do. Jesus mentioned it once as a kind of parable to think about and, 2,000 years later, people are still pantomiming eating their savior.

That's why I mentioned the cross being used by Satanists. It fits Satanism better because it symbolizes the death of their enemy. It's very strange how history played out with the chosen symbolism each religion adopted.

I believe the idea of the cross is to symbolize the sacrifice He made for us all, not to think of him as a "bloody mess". The whole idea of Christianity is not just the crucifiction. It is that combined with the resurection. It meant to provide proof that Jesus is divine. Without that event, Christianity would have no basis for its claims. People, Hollywood particularly, tend to think more in terms of the "bloody mess" than the true reason for the existence of the faith.

I have found this thread to be very enlightening. Thanks to all of you for your conntributions.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
androgynous.....on my farm if its got horns, its a boy.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I meant in no way to offend you,,.,. honestly only wanted to help.,.,.,. yes at one point in my life I was haunted by demons,,, but when I realized their source was the beast nature of my mind and spirit,,I realized I was tormenting my self subconsciously for not having a good enough relationship with truth or reality,, for lieing to myself, or not seeking answers or personal improvement,, I vowed to be good, to be conscious and change, to grasp control of my mind and destiny,,,, this is why I believe if there are demons in any way,, they prey on weakness,, and they attack when you invite them,.,.,. you say you believe in jesus,, have you heard of stories of people being haunted and telling their haunters they are protected by jesus, and the haunters shy away,,, I truly want for you to be helped,.,. If you think you are a hopeless victim,, how are you not? If you truly want to change and be free,, you can and will be...

you should assume that you are inviting them,, you should assume that they only exist in your mind,, because then it is up to you whether or not these events exist in your life,, then you must take responsibility to abolish them from your thoughts,, fill your mind with other concentration, other thoughts, other activities, peaceful music while you sleep, confidence in your self and actions on the earth to not warrant cosmic bullies,,,

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

I feel ya. Thanks.
(second line)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
the one arm raised + one arm lowered is also symbolic within islamic esoterica

the mevlevi dervishes (nominally founded by jalaludin rumi) whirl in such a position, symbolising the 'perfected man' and his connecting of 'the above' and 'the below' - essentially a symbol of balance and completion

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone for being here to make this a fun thread. Especially, a big think you to ATS for creating a place where we can have an inviting and open forum to discuss this strange stuff.

One of the subjects that has come up repeatedly here is the caduceus that is sticking out of the Baphomet's lap.

The rod standing instead of genitals symbolizes eternal life, the body covered with scales the water, the semi-circle above it the atmosphere, the feathers following above the volatile. Humanity is represented by the two breasts and the androgyn arms of this sphinx of the occult sciences."

The Dogmas and Rituals of High Magic. -Eliphas Levi

I wanted to share something with you all that I found to be surprising. This information is far from secret or even obscure. It is just that I found that, as a young man, interested in all things 'Western' and 'Mysterious', I seldom seemed to have the time to slow down and study the Greeks, Despite the good advice of my elders; it was as though I just could not be bothered with the Greeks, there was always something shinier and more 'esoteric'.

Well, that changed, I won't go in to details, but it has been a long, long process of filling in holes and culverts left behind by my not very thorough study habits.

And so here ya go, thread-mates, for what it is worth, I am just going to grab the pieces from WikiPedia...

Asclepius

Asclepius (play /æsˈkliːpiəs/; Greek: Ἀσκληπιός Asklēpiós [asklɛːpiós]; Latin Aesculapius) is the god of medicine and healing in ancient Greek religion. Asclepius represents the healing aspect of the medical arts; his daughters are:

Hygieia ("Hygiene", the goddess/personification of health, cleanliness, and sanitation), Iaso (the goddess of recuperation from illness), Aceso (the goddess of the healing process), Aglæa/Ægle (the goddess of beauty, splendor, glory, magnificence, and adornment), and Panacea (the goddess of universal remedy).

He was associated with the Roman/Etruscan god Vediovis. He was one of Apollo's sons, sharing with Apollo the epithet Paean ("the Healer"). The rod of Asclepius, a snake-entwined staff, remains a symbol of medicine today.

The Temle of Asclepius or Asclepeion"

"Hippocrates is said to have received his medical training at an asclepieion on the isle of Kos. Prior to becoming the personal physician to the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius, Galen treated and studied at the famed asclepieion at Pergamon."

Asclepeion at Kos

And here is the part that I found surprising and really intriguing...

In honor of Asclepius, a particular type of non-venomous snake was often used in healing rituals, and these snakes — the Aesculapian Snakes — crawled around freely on the floor in dormitories where the sick and injured slept.

These snakes were introduced at the founding of each new temple of Asclepius throughout the classical world. From about 300 BC onwards, the cult of Asclepius grew very popular and pilgrims flocked to his healing temples (Asclepieia) to be cured of their ills.

Ritual purification would be followed by offerings or sacrifices to the god (according to means), and the supplicant would then spend the night in the holiest part of the sanctuary - the abaton (or adyton). Any dreams or visions would be reported to a priest who would prescribe the appropriate therapy by a process of interpretation.

The Aesculapian snake. Zamenis longissimus

The common name of this snake — "Aesculape" — refers to the classical god of healing (Greek Asclepius and later Roman Aesculapius), this snake was encouraged around temples dedicated to him. It is surmised that the typical depiction of the god with his snake-entwined staff features the species.

And that's my whole story, ATS.

Thanks for being here and have a great Labor Day.

X.
edit on 3-9-2012 by Xoanon because: .

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

when I read from a book called the Necronomicon

which one...? Theres the the short story "The Hound" where this book is first mentioned, then there are the countless rewrites that were written after the fake book became a cult classic.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GreatOwl

You said:

It's not funny at all. Where do you think your thoughts come from?

Do you believe that any of your thoughts are original? Do you think you create thought, or simply receive thought from the mental atmosphere? The mental plane is packed with thoughts from thousands of years of people "thinking" and charging up the mental plane with their "ideas" and "emotions." When you look at an old symbol, like Baphomet, you "tap into" the thoughts associated with that symbol that have been created by others, received, re-charged, and re-transmitted, time and time again, over the centuries. These "thought forms" are charged energy spheres, just waiting to be pulled down into the mind of someone "tuning in" today. The more you think and contemplate a symbol or topic, the more thoughts flow into your mind, and with sufficient concentration you receive a "flood of ideas" related to that thing you're focusing your attention on.

This is exactly the same way "scriptures" are used. When you read certain verses, you tap in to a tremendous "emotional energy field" that resonates with your mind, spirit, and body, and you can literally "feel the energy" flowing through you with the right verses read when using the appropriate attitude. The scriptures are then just a "symbol" much like Baphomet. Something that when contemplated and given undivided attention will result in "revelations" of one kind or another.

But, if you pick the text of the scriptures up and just try to understand it, say, by taking it apart analytically, or by logic alone, it often seems meaningless, or just nonsense. You have to "tune in" to the text, and let the ideas flow into your mind, and then you discover the hidden power behind all these symbols, whether image or spiritual text.

~Close of ^comments^~ from GreatOwl

I would say that's very accurate as the Baphomet (a word for a symbolic beast) is just that though since the angelic entities, spiritual beings are themselves, nonphysical, they often can appear physical in the mind of another in meditation. CAREFUL, which/what beings one listens to as to the motives of that being. Imagine a being wishing to live in the flesh. What better way to do so than with one's 'permission', as in demonic possession. Very often, a spiritual being will tell one what they want to hear (in visions,symbols, not silly words, human construct) and/or disclose enlightenment, illumination on various topics of interest.

This is unadvised as one may never be aware of the true motive behind a spiritual being such as 'possession' itself. If one is to meditate with a positive state of mind, frOm the heart, they are more likely to attract a positive spiritual entitiy, the non-Fallen variety. The Conscience is to lead one not astray, so if a 'being' is leading one in a wicked/evil or destructive direction, it's best to avoid that entitiy altogether.

When one's Being is put down, their energy level low, the protective halo (electromagnetic field) is depressed, one is more likely to be taken possession where two souls/spirits could reside in the same body. Ask any musician who claims they sold their soul, made a deal with the (fill in blank with word), "were at the crossroads", or felt 'Possessed' while on the stage though depressed or rather disempowered once off stage and one can begin to understand how possession can be as a drug to another, for a reason, Not a good one.

Healthy meditation will bring healthy spiritual guides (non-fallen Angels or even an ET folk lol, though true) and whom will encourage positive thoughts/images/knowledge/wisdom towards one's Soul's development and DOES NOT require, encourage possession. True knowledge and wisdom is Gifted to one whom means well, leads from the heart, so to say. Besides, ETs just as Angles, just as your very Soul are all made of the same 'substance', plasmic energy, and therefor it should seem reasonable that one communicates most affectively through Signals, Sine Waves, halograms, sonograms or 'other dimensional' so to 'say'.

I'm a believer that "If one knew better, they would surely Do better, for it is in their better interest as that of their Neighbor". It is to my understanding the Creator, a spiritual, energetic entity, is quite understanding and forgiving. Perhaps the Creator is more interested in the development of one's Soul while on the purgatorial rock so that one day it may leave through Ascencion rather than take the path of one trapped as in "Hotel California".

Anyhow, thought I'd chime in though not necessarily as a bell of baal. Now that's a riddle to fiddle your mind with for a while.

edit on 3-9-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluemoonsine

You made that hard to read, next time just click the quote button and paste it that way

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarIce

Check

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluemoonsine

That works, I was just trying to help friend

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarIce

I know and impressive comments Solar.
There are some very strong and educated minds returning to ATS.
Looking forward to more Soulutions going forward.
It takes a meeting of the minds to solve the issues of the day as pieces of the puzzle of life.
I believe seeing another as Soul/spirit is much preferred than to view another as a temporal flesh animalistic being. This has done much harm to human relations over time and never seems to get to the heart of the matter.
L8ter

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by XoanonLevi couches the presentation of the thing as though it is supposed to be 'revelatory', but really it is just a bunch of fiction out of his head meant to sell books and garner credibility and attention.

Oh.

Guess I will reschedule that meeting with my conscious about reflecting on the esoteric symbolism I thought for a brief second I saw there in the "as above so below, all that exists, exists in everything, male/female should be balanced within the conscious soul's unit, animal aspects should be recognized and mastered, kundalini / caduceous should be revered and raised....

yeah.. goin back to sleep now.. nevermind all that seemingly benign wish-wash that came from "out of his head"...

laaawlz...
nice disinfo campaign...

but waaait ...

NOT SURE IF...

he's just blindingly arrogantly insolently know-it-all / ignorant..
OR intentionally provoking people into taking Baphomet symbolism seriously by denouncing it ... thereby peaking curiosity

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

NOT SURE IF...

he's just blindingly arrogantly insolently know-it-all / ignorant.. OR intentionally provoking people into taking Baphomet symbolism seriously by denouncing it ... thereby peaking curiosity

You've really got me laughing. You are really, really bright and you also seem to have very strong powers of reading comprehension. Maybe give it another read over, you are getting 'warmer'.

Good stuff, prevenge.

X.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Necronomicon Thread...

Al Azif: Is The Necronomicon Real?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GreatOwl

This puts god in the realm of man, making god fallible and susceptible to all the weaknesses of man, including the trials of Satan does it not?

My point is if god is omnipotent, omniscient, omni-benevolent and omnipresent then god should be above his creation, not of his creation - a good I can put my hope in and not have to judge by my own weaknesses.

This is my problem with the Jesus = God affair, when you humanize something like that, you remove any qualities that thing possessed to qualify it as being a supreme being.

But I am digressing so I apologise for starting this discussion on a tangent, maybe one for a new topic.

Peace be upon you!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by old_god

This puts god in the realm of man, making god fallible and susceptible to all the weaknesses of man, including the trials of Satan does it not?

My point is if god is omnipotent, omniscient, omni-benevolent and omnipresent then god should be above his creation, not of his creation - a good I can put my hope in and not have to judge by my own weaknesses.

Yes, but being omnipotent, also means that god has the power to be small, fallible, susceptible to all weaknesses, otherwise if he could not be these things, there would be things outside of his power, and he would lack experience of these states of being, and have difficulty having empathy for man who is only weak.

So, God can be weak and strong, and how he accomplishes this, to solve the paradox of being both at the same time, overcoming the apparent contradiction, is to beget a son whom he gives those attributes similar to man, sends his son into the world to walk among men, and experiences the fallible and susceptible state through the eyes, ears, feelings, spirit, and being of his son Jesus Christ. This is how an omnipotent being can become a weakling, by limiting his powers for a time, and restricting his presence to a place, in the form of another being whom he brings into existence for the purpose of expressing that experiential state.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
That was a good fun thread

Symbolism shouldn't be scary, more like a historical imprint on how a individual/s thought at a given time.

I personally have no belief in the philosophies or teachings religions/occultism, though as records of human behaviour, I read it

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join