It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your favorite alien race and/ or character in Doctor Who?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Of course I love the doctor, and his companions.

My favorite race is the Daleks, greatest super villans to ever live. EXTERMINATE! (Dalek Sec is my favorite Dalek, and maybe my favorite character altogether).

There are a LOT of alien races and species on the show. Which is your favorite? And why?

And which of all the main characters and side characters is your favorite, and why?

Only Doctor Who fans are going to be able to even ponder on this question.

Are there any Doctor Who fans on ATS?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I'm looking forward to the new episodes starting tonight. I was introduced to Doctor Who when Tom Baker with his scarf and wild hair was running around. He played and voiced a very distinctive character. Later I began watching some of the very early episodes of Doctor Who and reading a few novels. The oldies certainly had a different pace and rhythm.

Other Who's played by the likes of McCoy and Tennant were quite good too. The Daleks are quite the mythical villains throughout the saga and themselves undergone dramatic evolution befitting the extent of their terror.
The Weeping Angels are another of my most favorite creepy alien race.

The Tragedy of Rose Tyler, as I call it was quite epic arc story. Brilliant. The return of K9 was a pleasant surprise.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I haven't watched any of the new ones; although, I am a fan of the originals and the movies. My favorite characters are also the Dalek, my friend and I used to write short story screen plays and then tape record them as kids. If you talked into a fan you could get the Dalek "Exterminate" really good; It was fun to do.

My favorite story line plot was the Gorgon.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
As a kid I really enjoyed the 4th doctor in the whole Key to Time storyline.

In the newer series both the angels and silence are clever villains.
edit on 1-9-2012 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
For me, the Angels are the scariest, but those little creatures from fat, the adipose creatures were just the cutest...... I also had lots of sympathy for that creature in "Meat" .....

Of course, the Daleks, and Cybermen, they are just monsters ...... not to scary, or too real .... But the Angels, they were something else

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

There are a LOT of alien races and species on the show. Which is your favorite? And why?

The Ood because of their benevolence and internal beauty. The scene where they were huddled together, singing in the cage, broke my heart.

And, of course, any Time Lord with the Doctor's beliefs/ethics.

And which of all the main characters and side characters is your favorite, and why?

Besides the Doctor,

Donna Noble. I was annoyed with Donna at first but she grew on me. I was sad to see her go, and I think her fate was tragic. In a way, she died. The scene with her parents and the Doctor explaining that she could never know

I pretty much like all of the companions. I liked River Song.
edit on 25-9-2012 by kisharninmah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
As an American, Dr Who isn't something I was exposed to a lot. But, some years back, one of the cable networks had it on ( SciFi ) I think and I watched for a season or two. To this day I have no clue about anything other than there was a Doctor dude who could travel through time and some robots.

How could I watch and not learn much?

Because of HER!

~Heff

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I really like the characters of every doctor.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I haven't watch much of the earlier doctors,i started with Eccleston i must say that he and Tennant were amazing,Smith not so much.
The best character for me is River.The woman is just amazing.

Angels are by far the best villains.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I grew up watching dr who and was thrilled when it came back!

Obviously time lords come in as the top race lol

For villains Iwould have to go with daleks from original and the angels from the current.

I love the ood who have been cast at times as villains but are actually so peaceful. I love david tennants end when the ood sang a song for him!

Oh Ialso loved the "devil" talking about the evil oods reminded me of him.

Wow Ineed to get out my dvds and think about this Ithought I knew my answer but apparently i don't!

top topics

join