It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universe Season 6 Episode 6 UFOs the Real Deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Let me start by saying I am a skeptic about the whole UFO thing. I have never seen a UFO, (well, maybe I have, but I probably dismissed it as an aircraft).

I personally believe that there is intelligent life other than our own somewhere in the universe. But, I just don't know if they have the capability to traverse that much distance to reach here. If they do, they probably think that this is the West Virginia of the universe and try to limit their time here as much as possible.

However, the possibility exists. And whenever anything is possible it's something to be explored.

Maybe they have come here, maybe they do abduct people, maybe they choose rednecks for some inexplicable reason. I don't know.

But, this is an interesting episode none the less, and I thought I would share.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

I wouldnt worry about being abducted aliens if i were you, id be more worried about the barrage of angry west virginians about to arrive any second.......

Thanks for posting the vid tho, i love that programme.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

I wouldnt worry about being abducted aliens if i were you, id be more worried about the barrage of angry west virginians about to arrive any second.......

Thanks for posting the vid tho, i love that programme.

Hmph .... OP must be one of them McCoys ...

get a rope...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

YUP...ILL bring
the moonshine...we gona have ourselves a hangin

great episode on UFOs though
edit on 31-8-2012 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I was impressed by the clever way they quoted Shostak in the beginning to make him sound like a believer in UFOs. He's a believer in aliens for sure, but that's a little different. The question that people sometimes ask is, why is Seth Shostak looking for aliens in space when people see UFOs right here on Earth?

I guess neither Shostak nor the UFO hunters are having much luck finding any proof of aliens, which makes you start to wonder about the Fermi paradox.

And how does it enhance the viewer experience to read about Saddam found in a hole in the ground while watching a UFO video? (Rhetorical question to History channel H2).

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

The question that people sometimes ask is, why is Seth Shostak looking for aliens in space when people see UFOs right here on Earth?

They got to be coming from somewhere right?

And how does it enhance the viewer experience to read about Saddam found in a hole in the ground while watching a UFO video? (Rhetorical question to History channel H2).

Underground Freaking-screwed Overthrown-dictator?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The Illuminati oil company films only cover gravity and not the electric universe.
That will keep the knowledge they and we payed for their secret.

There is no need for aliens to traverse the universe to show us UFOs cause
the oil companies are the UFO owners. Thanks for spreading the latest news
from the oil companies.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

While I tend to agree that oil companies tend to be some pretty evil people. I have to disagree that they are the one's behind UFO's as it seems that the UFO thing has gone on for centuries and isn't really new.

I still wonder why any intelligent life form would choose Earth to visit. Perhaps they bring their young here to show them how a civilization doesn't work.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

While I tend to agree that oil companies tend to be some pretty evil people. I have to disagree that they are the one's behind UFO's as it seems that the UFO thing has gone on for centuries and isn't really new.

I still wonder why any intelligent life form would choose Earth to visit. Perhaps they bring their young here to show them how a civilization doesn't work.

Well intelligent life on Earth tend to figure things out until bingo the source of universal
power is found and if you can believe anything the oil companies uber heads have the goods.

Your thoughts are deviant and more Illuminati cover up and I tend dismiss alien and ancient
rhetoric as oil company uber heads writing stories to cover unspoken lies.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

I was impressed by the clever way they quoted Shostak in the beginning to make him sound like a believer in UFOs. He's a believer in aliens for sure, but that's a little different. The question that people sometimes ask is, why is Seth Shostak looking for aliens in space when people see UFOs right here on Earth?

Many alien visitation skeptics may believe in the possibility of alien visitation of earth. but they don't necessarily believe there is enough evidence to indicate that it as actually happening.

Shostak obviously believes that intelligent life most like exists elsewhere in the galaxy, but I bet if you ask him if those aliens are visiting Earth, he'll probably say "I don't know -- Maybe. But there is no real indication that they are"

That's sort of the way I feel about it, and I suspect the same way some other skeptics feel about it.

top topics

join