It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange dream, looking for an interpretation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
So, I had a pretty strange dream a few days ago. First a little bit of backstory so that things will be a bit more clear for you all.

A few months ago a friend of mine committed suicide. Me and him were never really close or anything, and I barely talked to him for a while before it happened. He was more of someone I would see at parties and stuff like that. More of a casual acquaintance than someone I would spend a lot of time with and get really close to.

Anyway, the dream was that I was with him, and I had to show him his one grave. It's like I was holding onto his soul and had to show him is grave because he didn't know he had died. When I showed him, he started yelling and crying and stuff. That's really all I can remember.

I'm not saying it was anything supernatural or spiritual or anything like that, just wondering if I could get an interpretation from someone who's read up on such things. Much thanks.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
looks like you already know what the dream is about.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Have you had doubts or questions about life after death? Maybe you are trying to figure out your own beliefs about what happens when one dies and this person's death brought those questions to the forefront for you?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
What have your thoughts been these last few months about his suicide and death in general?
Edit:
Oops poster above beat me to the intended self-reflection

edit on 29-8-2012 by awakendhybrid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Since he committed suicide, I would think he should realize he is dead. But, if he didn't believe in an afterlife, he could be confused as to what is happening... where is he, and why is he still aware of his surroundings. Thus, he would think he is still alive.

Sounds like he met you in spirit on the astral plane to ask some questions, and when you showed him the answer, he freaked out.

If you meet him again, help him understand that he needs to ask his spirit guide to come assist him, or look for the light. He will be an earthbound spirit (ghost) until he realizes he is dead and needs to move on.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Thanks for the answers everyone.

I haven't really thought much about death or what happens afterwards since he passed. I'm not religious, but I do believe that there's more out there than science can account for. Most of my ideas on life after death have been reached through the use of various things that are against the T&C to talk about...

I really don't know much about Astral Projecting, just a VERY cursory knowledge. To me it sounds like you send your spirit out to another realm? Not sure where I stand on this...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Rule number ONE in standard dreaming:
Every element within your dream is a reflection of some element within yourself. Our subconscious always draws from our own lexicon of experience to illustrate our dreams.

Think of it in terms of the soul of your aquaintence is the personification of your perception of your own soul. Your dream then becomes an illustration of your own questions regarding suicide, death...and afterlife.
This dream was designed by your own subconscious in order to help you try to make sense of the feelings and curiousity your reaction to this unfortunate recent event has elicited.

I am sorry for the loss of your friend.
edit on 30-8-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Our spirits can meet eachother in the astral plane, as a poster said above. He probably doesn't realize he's dead and he's looking for help.

Please read a story I just posted: The same thing happened with my cousin:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
Since he committed suicide, I would think he should realize he is dead. But, if he didn't believe in an afterlife, he could be confused as to what is happening... where is he, and why is he still aware of his surroundings. Thus, he would think he is still alive.

Sounds like he met you in spirit on the astral plane to ask some questions, and when you showed him the answer, he freaked out.

If you meet him again, help him understand that he needs to ask his spirit guide to come assist him, or look for the light. He will be an earthbound spirit (ghost) until he realizes he is dead and needs to move on.

In another words, he didn't know that even in death, your "problems" won't get solved. He or his spirit is still experiencing unrest as if he was still alive....

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
many dream interpreters will say that every character in a dream is a reflection of yourself. Even if it is someone you know. To me, this is a classic wrestling with one's own mortality. The suppressed emotion of not wanting to die, or facing an elder age where it is a step closer. A transitional period where acceptance escapes our mind because we still do not want to fully accept what mortality means to us. I would not think it as a visitation of any sort. I would say it is a way for you to think about your finite number of years and change scope, grasp that number fully.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
many dream interpreters will say that every character in a dream is a reflection of yourself. Even if it is someone you know. To me, this is a classic wrestling with one's own mortality. The suppressed emotion of not wanting to die, or facing an elder age where it is a step closer. A transitional period where acceptance escapes our mind because we still do not want to fully accept what mortality means to us. I would not think it as a visitation of any sort. I would say it is a way for you to think about your finite number of years and change scope, grasp that number fully.

This is true if your consciousness or your spirituality is underdeveloped. In real life, you are constantly seeking ways to project your own thoughts. Once you pass this point, your dream message is no longer "reflective." Not just that, if the dream is reflective, you would experience the same dream very often, with the same theme.

new topics

top topics

join