It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand Water - 1080% Pure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
New Zealand claims to be "Clean, Green and 100% Pure".

Therefore, you could be forgiven for thinking the authorities would fight against poisoning water - forest streams and water catchments.

But in New Zealand, it's the authorities doing the poisoning, and the people fighting to keep their water pure - and they're getting arrested doing it.

In a recent poison drop across Westland, farmers and locals rallied for animal welfare and the right to retain poison-free water. This is their story...

This is very avery frustrating situation, 1080 (sodium fluoroacetate) is acknowledged as being a deadly poison and yet it being dropped in our waterways and seeping into the food chain and no excluding exported produce eiher.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

I think New Zealand has probably some of the last natural and untouched environments in the world, due to its isolation.
It would be a shame if they start polluting that place as well by adding chemicals to their water supply.
TPTB have to ruin it for everybody.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Totally. Our govt. has sold out to the US Corporations too opening us up to be sued by cigarette companies should the govt. bring in any law affecting their profits i.e. banning smoking. Also, we have a 'three strikes of alleged illegal downloading and you're cut off from the internet' policy. And they're considering fracking.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
1080 isn't that what they use to kill foxes.

I know they used to bait with 1080 here in tasmania.

So would assume our water ways have 1080 in them too.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
We need to kill the possums that are destroying our native plants and animals.
I cant see any safer alternative to doing 1080 drops.

Get the facts here about 1080

1080 (sodium fluoroacetate) is a naturally-occurring toxin found in many plants throughout the world. Plants have developed it as a natural defence against browsing mammals. The active ingredient in 1080 is found naturally in tea and testing at one site showed it also appears to occur in puha.1 It is manufactured for use in various types of baits for pest control operations and is highly toxic to mammals in particular. What does it do to the environment? 1080 is highly water soluble and breaks down in the environment into harmless substances.2 It does not accumulate in the food chain or in the soil.3 Any animal ingesting a sub-lethal dose of 1080 will metabolise and eliminate the substance within 10 days

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

I feel for them and at least they have their heads on straight and know that they don't want poisons chemicals in things they consume. Al tho we put very similar organic halogens in our soft drinks and foods. Anything that have Benzo in the name like Benzoic acid and Sodium Benzoate will reacted with other ingredients and you will have trace amounts of Benzene in what you are consuming. and that's just one carcinogen on a long list.

new topics

top topics

join