It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil Armstrong dead at age 82 First man 0n m00n

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yahoo is posting his death as "Famed Astronaut dead."

WTF? He was the first Man to walk on the MOON! "Famed astronaut " my ass.

This is the same political crap I HATE!
He was the first man to walk on the MOON.

There's something wrong with not giving him his proper respect on this. Or PROPS.

Is it because he was outspoken as an astroniught that publicly Teed off at the current administarion for cutting the budget for space exploration?

He's now been reduced to just another "Famed" Astronaut?

Yahoo is just wrong for this. This is just insane. I can't even describe my contempt for polital correctness.

"Yeah, That'll teach the first man to ever walk on the moon to talk against us. He's JUST another astroNUT"

(Banging head on desk)

Mr. Neil Armstrong. R.I.P. You fricking OWN the Moon. Thanks for that in my lifetime. I enjoyed watching you.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I just remember a guy with an space suit walking on the moon on my black and white tv, I didn't understand why it was so important. I think only him did, that's why he is unique, he represented mankind.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand.

Science has not yet mastered prophecy. We predict too much for the next year and yet far too little for the next 10.

I believe that every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

Neil Armstrong
RIP

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'll never forget a moment back in July, 1969: I was home just a little over 2 weeks after returning from military service. It was nighttime, & I was in the back yard, sitting on the steps, looking at the Moon, as I often did (still do) when out at night.
I suddenly realized that this night was different from all others: there were actually human beings there, right at this moment when I was looking! For some reason, this drove home for me what a truly amazing achievement that was, more so even than the televised pictures.

RIP Neil Armstrong; godspeed, Sir

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I wonder why the OP has to annoy the world with using zer0s in place of the letter O.

RIP Armstrong.
Y0u w0uldn't last L0ng ar0und Arkansas if that's all that gets under your skin! What ru? the ATS Spelling Patr0l?Get a real j0b and get y0o a life t00 and j0in Your L0cal p0lice dep.Then we will have s0mething to c0mplain about y0u.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highergrounds

Originally posted by projectvxn
I wonder why the OP has to annoy the world with using zer0s in place of the letter O.

RIP Armstrong.
Y0u w0uldn't last L0ng ar0und Arkansas if that's all that gets under your skin! What ru? the ATS Spelling Patr0l?Get a real j0b and get y0o a life t00 and j0in Your L0cal p0lice dep.Then we will have s0mething to c0mplain about y0u.

I apologize for my misspellings. I was just upset they've downgraded the accomplishment of Mr. Armstrong.
After all, He didn't build that rocket ship right?

You guys from Arkansas can come to Tahoe anytime. I'll buy. Just a beer. Don't get greedy.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Neil Armstrong.

A man that believed in Aliens (as he directed the search for the Tayos Library)
Yes never spoke about it.

A man that 'went' to the moon,
Yet stopped giving talks about it.

I believe that they want to the moon... but all the photo's and footage was doctored.
What they found there... .prevented them from showing the actual footage!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Buzz Aldrin statement on Neil Armstrong death: 'My friend Neil took the small step but giant leap that changed the world.' - @tarawallis

2 hours ago by editor

www.breakingnews.com...

changed the world.

nobody born after 1935 has ever set foot on the moon. its 2012. not exactly progress?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loopdaloop
I believe that they want to the moon... but all the photo's and footage was doctored.
What they found there... .prevented them from showing the actual footage!

I'm still not sure if that's what happened or if the actual trip was made by using "black budget tech" and then doctored footage.

My second thought after reading the headline was "I wonder if he left any written confessions or confided in family members with instructions not to talk about any of it until after his death" but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

First thought, "There goes a huge part of history. I always wanted to meet him but I guess I never will in this life so ... rest in peace Neil".

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

My boyhood hero,
RIP Neil Armstrong.
God's speed.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I guess I reaslly don't get it fellow ATS'ers.

The FIRST MAN ON THE MOON is just a side note on a conspiracy sight and press clippings??

Are we that jaded?

K Just wow.

Talk about desensitizing the population.

I thought his landing was epic, but I didn't read about it on TMZ.

Just wow.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
50 years from now, no one will remember Akin or Pelosi.
100 years from now, Cruise & Schwarzenegger will be forgotten.
500 years from now, Bush (either), Clinton (ditto) and Obama will not rate mention in college textbooks.
1,000 years from now, Nazis and Soviets will be obscure historical footnotes...
...But everyone will know who Neil Armstrong was.

Godspeed Sir.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
RIP Neil Armstrong.

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
nobody born after 1935 has ever set foot on the moon. its 2012. not exactly progress?
Neil Armstrong was disappointed about our lack of progress, and he was right to feel that way, but I appreciate his efforts to promote space exploration long after his famous journey to the moon.

Moon hoax theorists like to post the video of Neil when he was tired from his trip to the moon, but when he had some sleep he came across much better like in this 1970 interview:

Neil Armstrong interview, BBC 1970.

Near the end he said he expected to see bases on the moon within his lifetime. In 1970 that would have seemed very possible, but as we've seen, his vision never came to pass. He sure seems to be a likable person in this video.
edit on 25-8-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnukeem
www.heraldsun.com.au...

This just c0ming in NBC REUTERS C0NFIRM.

Will Have m0re links as inf0rmati0n c0mes in.

NEIL Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon, has died at the age of 82, NBC News has reported.

RIP NEIL
edit on 25-8-2012 by sirnukeem because: (no reason given)

He was a fraud, and he (and his cohorts) didn't have the necessary skills to conceal it.

Hero. my Arse! (the closest he will ever get to any moon, I'm afraid).
If playing a part in deceiving humanity merits a peaceful rest,
then rest in peace Neil - You truly earned it.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Part of my heart died with him today. Man I wish he could have stayed a little longer, he died young. What a life and legacy he leaves for his family. He was a great man who will always be remembered.

Love and light Neil, Fly High.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb
Seems like they landed very close to the edge of the moon there.
Lucky they didn't fall off!
Armstrong said he had to watch his step.
But I don't think he was worried about shadows, but rather other things.

If you compare those two videos above, you can see what difference some sleep makes.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Why would Neil have to hide what he really saw on the moon? If he saw alien spacecraft, doesn't the World have the right to know?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

He was a fraud, and he (and his cohorts) didn't have the necessary skills to conceal it.

Show a little respect, fool. I know who you are, someone who's mad he never achieved anything for himself, and has to take it out on someone who did. It's in everything you just wrote.

Save it for a troll thread.

edit on 26-8-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScientificUAPer

Show a little respect, fool. I know who you are, someone who's mad he never achieved anything for himself, and has to take it out on someone who did. It's in everything you just wrote.

Save it for a troll thread.

edit on 26-8-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

Respect where respect is due. They choose poorly when they choose Neil Armstrong,
who, to his credit, found it very difficult to support and back the massive lie he was a
part of since 1969.
And you know nothing about me mr. 'I believe in fairy tales even in the face
of freely available and conclusive proof to the contrary'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join