It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 page book converted into DNA by researchers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I don't want to mix mysticism, spirituality, lessons of the ancients, and ancient alien theories into a big lump but...

"Look within" "The answers lie within" "Look within for guidance" ad infinitum, are phrases repeated in every culture, practice, religion, and spiritual understanding in the world.

Do you think...that there is a literal connotation to that piece of wisdom. What would happen if we were to seriously look within and find philosophy, art, music, entertainment, science, spiritual practices, and so forth all encoded within our very DNA from some very distant paternal hand?

Uh oh, I'm feeling the writing bug biting.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Wonder when they'll come back to reformat us all.

Human 2.0

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
What is most likely encoded in our DNA is our ancient past and all our ancestors knowledge in genetic memory. This article proves that it is possible.

Contained within our DNA might contain millions of years of emotion and experiences felt throughout our bloodline forever taking new input and changing the DNA to support a newer version to handle what it has gone through in the past.

This would be where evolution is stored through ancient DNA memory. Decoding that DNA memory in a computer language we could understand is 1000's of years or more beyond our computing power. But one day we will create organic machine or beings though decoding and encoding DNA

This could pave the way for amazing space travel and terraforming allowing the astronauts to have their DNA changed as to be able to breath mars air or methane.

edit on 21-8-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Wonder if anyone considered the crystal skulls to have dna encoding?

Sure any advance civilization would have thought about that and can last forever.

They are doing it this now imagine what tomorrow brings.

A piece of quartz the size of a sugar cube can easily hold all the information of a complete library. Now imagine how much info a skull could hold if the info was DNA encoded.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

AAAAALLLLLIIIIIEEEEENNNNNS !

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
dna would be easier to read if they used the right method of extracting the information. think of our dna as a dvd. we are trying to read it with a record player now wrap your minds around that

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
No one has asked the one question that has been nagging me. What language would the DNA be encoded in? Without the Rosetta Stone we probably STILL wouldn't be able to read hieroglyphics. It's a lot easier to create a code than it is to break one.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Allegorical

Math is the Universal Launguage

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Incredible!

I will never claim to be smarter than I am, but this information made me question if our bodies already use DNA in this manner, to some extent.

Like having built in copier and scanner. When we create new memories and store them, maybe our built-in 'copier' prints the information on DNA for later reference?

When we work to recall memories, maybe our built-in scanner locates and deciphers the memory from the dna it's copied to?

If it isn't possible to work that way, atleast it's a fun idea for a sci-fi short story.

Maybe information from many past generations is stored in our dna and the most important advances are passed along to the next generation. This could serve evolution in that it may explain how our genetics know to alter themselves from one generation to the next.

I wondered how a tree could know that it must produce seed pods that will fly like a helicopter in order to reach further areas, increasing the chance for germination and continued existence. How does a tree know this? Maybe from a form of dna or cellular encoding?

I like the ideas that most everyone is discussing, about the possibility to deconstruct our mystery DNA to determine what we may find hidden.

I can't remember it right away and maybe it is just a fictional story I am recalling, but I seem to remember a tale that explained we already have the answers to all of our questions. In the story, we must simply advance far enough to interpret it.

I am sure there are variations on this story, but as I type this I remember it a bit more... I think it was a short story done by the 90's television show 'The Outer Limits' or a late 80's program called 'Monsters'.

I would be super curious to learn what any encoded information might be. I am sure it would be quite a stressful time, speculating on what mysteries would be uncovered. I can't help but think it may be better if not everyone was informed of the discovered information.

Imagine if it did answer many mysteries, but we learned that we are pointless and there really is no purpose for life, or reality in general. Maybe we would find that there was a plan originally, but something happened long ago and we have been stranded as a failed experiment.

Would the general public be deserving of that knowledge, or would it only serve to throw civilization into chaos?

I think I would want to know, if only for peace of mind about why I am.

Sorry for such a long post, just got going and couldn't turn it off... maybe it is in my dna...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Of course, with our luck, we'll spend billions and years of effort to decode that junk DNA just to find it says "Made in Alpha Centauri - No Returns, No Refunds, No Exceptions!"

Even if decoded and it was nothing more than graffiti ... "Kilroy was here !" ... or ... "For a good time, call ET" ... would make it one of the most important discoveries of all time

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I wondered how a tree could know that it must produce seed pods that will fly like a helicopter in order to reach further areas, increasing the chance for germination and continued existence. How does a tree know this? Maybe from a form of dna or cellular encoding?

Gosh that makes me think of the Tree of Life

We bury our loved ones in the ground.. our body or "capsule of DNA" decomposes into the mother earth. Our DNA is born again from mother earth and the Cycle starts again preserving all that was preserved in our brain. The "Junk" DNA is the special dna saved especially for this purpose which is what releases into earth, because it has not been tainted. A full circle has occurred - Hence Math (geometry the univeral language) has occurred, hence Infinity has occurred.

LOL

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Maybe we will find a planet many light years away that is very similar to Earth and can sustain life as we know it. Maybe, since the information stored is so tiny, we can use light rays to send it to the newly discovered planet. We may find multiple 'Goldilocks' planets and choose to send it to all of them.

Once there it will assimilate with the native life and begin the process of evolution, creating a creature that may not be so different than us. We may even be able to make instinctual memories that will give the new creatures an unexplainable feeling of there being a higher power.

In the meantime, we could populate a few 'generation-ships' and send them toward the 'dna-seeded' planets. Sure, it would take many thousands of years to get there, but it would take many thousands of years of evolution to develop a consciously aware creature.

Right about the time they begin to seriously question their existence, we will arrive and give them technology, cure their diseases, end their wars, and enlighten their species to the true place in the universe. We may even want to extract our dna from the best examples the creatures have to offer, using it to make them like us in every way... sure their physical bodies would be left behind, but they will get a new body, just like ours and they can live alongside us on the generation ship in the sky.....

I wonder what we could call the event of our arrival?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

another point to add to my theory of 'in the days of Noah'.. *grin*..

it was about human DNA manipulation... even as it was back then .. so shall it be in the near future if not already..movies have been made about it so far.. and then inplanting them with a soul (Avatar) or a full blown biomachancal robots (Seragates) or full genetic super humans for massive armies..(multiple movies from the 80-early 90's.. VanDamme'ish)

either way... it really comes down to genetics .. personally, I'm on the edge of my seat to see how the big 3, nanotech, biomacanical tech & robots will come together
.....but, not sure if I want the answer..

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by boncho

Wonder when they'll come back to reformat us all.

Human 2.0

interesting to note ..

there's a theory that the Grey's are only servants created to withstand space flight and thus are more DNA syth'd and the real extraterristals are more like you and me..

keeps me woundering if what we're seeing is actually earthlings from the future..

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This is really cool! I wonder what they're already doing with this bc if we're just hearing of this now, chances are they've known this for quite a while and have been messing with it.

It's my personal belief that junk dna is our individual past and future stored. I do believe there is a way to unlock it and access said information and it doesn't have to be done with technology. Just my belief though and just a conclusion I came to for various reasons.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Everything is literally information. We are basically biological computers to begin with it seems.
edit on 21-8-2012 by atruthseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
can they un do it and read the book, or is it just a model of dna of what the book would look like i couldnt find in article or a mis read it? if its just a model who cares, if it can be undone and re read page for page THATS FREAKIN AWESOME we should go around the world and just convert everthing into dna , and or go undo everything and see if theres a message, or i guess what i really mean is we should make a dna language and then go around the world reading all the objects, temples, artifacts ect ect and see if they tell a story

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
can they un do it and read the book, or is it just a model of dna of what the book would look like i couldnt find in article or a mis read it? if its just a model who cares, if it can be undone and re read page for page THATS FREAKIN AWESOME we should go around the world and just convert everthing into dna , and or go undo everything and see if theres a message, or i guess what i really mean is we should make a dna language and then go around the world reading all the objects, temples, artifacts ect ect and see if they tell a story

Try this article, it links off to a havard study.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I went right to the article, and totally went exactly where you did with that.
Have previously wondered if we aren't (all of us here on the planet, right down to the humblest nematode), some sort of record waiting to be deciphered.

Or a monument.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
There's a project called Genomic SETI that is asking the very same questions you have in the OP.

Here's one article about Genomic SETI.

BioSETI

Another Article on Phys.org

It's an interesting proposition, looking for a message in Terrestrial DNA, or signs of artificial manipulation, especially so since we can, as described in the OP render a whole book into a strand.

Fascinating fun stuff for sure.

On another front, this methodology might be the new cool way for clandestine agencies to pass information. Information packets could be sent through packaging information in tailored viruses, or through a biometric process where only certain pre-arranged people can be 'infected' with a message for courier-ship.

edit on 22-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join