It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Subliminal Message In Commercial.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hello ATS. Ok I have seen this commercial multiple times now and every time I find that I can not help but stop what I am doing and watch the stupid thing.

Its the new T Mobile commercial. The girl is riding a motorcycle and her voice is overlayed saying this rhyme."One two Kalamazoo, three four Jersey shore......" and so on. I have done searches on YT and Google to find it so I could post it here and came up with squat! Which is odd in and of its self because I pride myself on being able to track down anything on the net..

So if someone could find it and maybe break it down, see if perhaps there is some subliminal tactics involved. It just causes me to wonder...I have never been one to succumb to subliminal messages or ads. Hypnosis has been attempted on me before and it failed.

Has anyone seen this commercial and/or experienced this?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Here's one version of it...I have seen at least two variations in my area...

I think it's the counting and rhyming that creates a slightly hypnotic effect...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

This?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I thought subliminal had been banned?
I do know exactly what commercial you are talking about and now that I think about it, it does grab my attention every time. If no subs are involved, whoever created it should get a big bonus.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I dont understand ,why have you posted about this if you have no theories concerning general conspiracy's yourself?

The idea is you come up with the theory and we discuss it.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by exdog5

Yes that is it, thank you for finding it.

As for the the counting and rhyming causing a hypnotic effect, it is possible but I have no recollection of anything similar having this effect on me......

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I thought the general conspiracy of subliminal messages in ads was self evident?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

All adverts use psychology to get you to remember them , that's how advertising works. Its not a conspiracy to have an advert that grabs your attention, thats the whole point of them in the first place.

You have not pointed out anything unusual about that advert, you are just asking other people to do it for you. You're asking other people to build a conspiracy theory for you..

edit on 21-8-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Lol glad I am not the only one.

Yes if there is nothing subliminal in it then I have to admit that they did a good job in grabbing the viewer.

Think I am going to actively avoid it when it comes on next time, see if I am still drawn to it.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Thats because I dont have the visual software to take it apart and analyse it. If you are just here to be negative then feel free to move on to another thread. I am not asking anyone to do anything they dont wish to do.

I diddnt "see" anything in the commercial to claim there is a subliminal message, just a feeling I have since it strikes me in an odd way. Hence the word "possible" in the title.

And thanks for the elementary explanation of advertising.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Seems you need it if you think that just because something sticks in your mind there might be something sinister about it

In fact you didnt even say that much in your opening thread , you just said you think the might be subliminal messages in an advert ,asked other people to investigate and left it at that. At least try to come up with a theory based on something you can explain or demonstrate and we will discuss it , so far your thread is just lazy.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

no need for software,
your gut isn't lying to you

"One two Kalamazoo, three four Jersey shore......"

"One two buckle my shoe,
three four, knock on the door......"

it's childrens rhyme

the subliminal is actually "in your face" and works based on association,

in this case, happy memories of childhood.

have a flag
edit on 21-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

OMG your right, but this is going to make me sound twisted.
When I heard it the first time, I did sing in my head:
one, two, Freddy's coming for you
three, four better shut the door.

Must be just because I am a horror fan? Yeah, that's it. LOL
They did do a good job of getting your attention, but before this thread, I would have been hard pressed to tell you what the commercial was for.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Seems you need it if you think that just because something sticks in your mind there might be something sinister about it

In fact you didnt even say that much in your opening thread , you just said you think the might be subliminal messages in an advert ,asked other people to investigate and left it at that. At least try to come up with a theory based on something you can explain or demonstrate and we will discuss it , so far your thread is just lazy.

I think your being a tad harsh here with the OP. In fact, your tone is so negative that It drew me to reply to you which I rarely do.

However, what one person gets from an opening thread would be another persons disagreement. If you cant draw yourself to perhaps investigate what the Op is referring to then perhaps this is not the thread for you to join in the discussion.

Just saying hey

What I take from the OP is that there is an advert that in one way or another is likely to grab certain people's attention, including mine. The question being asked to the members is, can anyone else see something in this advert that draws them in and grabs their attention? Well, that't what I get from it. Indeed, you will have a different opinion, and indeed yes we are all different.

Be safe be well,

Spiro

top topics

join