It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: 6 Charged in Killings of 2 La. Deputies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Police: 6 Charged in Killings of 2 La. Deputies

abcnews.go.com

Authorities have charged six people in the shootings that left two Louisiana sheriff's deputies dead and two others wounded....
....Officials would not discuss the criminal backgrounds of the suspects, nor did they give any further details about what sparked the shooting or how it unfolded.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This article really stuck out like a sore thumb with the police unwilling to discuss why there was a shooting and what exactly happened. Two cops dead, and they won't even tell us why, instant cover-up. what the heck is going on with police in America that citizens are taking arms against them. I would like to speculate, but thats where yall come in.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Update: 7 Arrested in Probe of La. Deputies' Slayings(new title)

Now it reads 7 arrested. it updated so fast but I got to it when it said the original title.(6 charged)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I just heard on the local news here in New Orleans that they were a group of people that were well known to the FBI.They said the feds have been tracking them as they moved through multiple states over time. If the feds were that interested in them, there is surly more to this story.

The ambush that started the whole thing sounds like a "hit", with a very specific target.
edit on 17-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nrd101
Update: 7 Arrested in Probe of La. Deputies' Slayings(new title)

Now it reads 7 arrested. it updated so fast but I got to it when it said the original title.(6 charged)

Kyle Joekel, 28 -- charged with principal to attempted first-degree murder

Brian Smith, 24 -- charged with attempted first-degree murder

Terry Smith, 44 -- charged with principal to first-degree murder

Derrick Smith, 22 -- charged with principal to attempted first-degree murder

Chanel Sakins, 37 -- Charged with accesseory after the fact to attempted first degree murder

Teniecha Bright, 21 --charged with principal to attempted first-degree murder.

Read more: www.wdsu.com... -/index.html#ixzz23pXos3fa

wdsu now posting photos

edit on 17-8-2012 by tanda7 because: more info

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Here is a site with photos of the suspects.www.wbrz.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Correcting one name on your list: Chanel Skains (not Sakins) www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords
reply to post by tanda7

Correcting one name on your list: Chanel Skains (not Sakins) www.businessinsider.com...

Thank you for the correction, I copy and pasted that info. Here is site with a photo of Kyle. This may explain why they were being tracked,
www.gage-ne-sheriff.us...
edit on 17-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Here is a link to an article from last year www.wibw.com...

Mentions that he has "ties to a terrorist organization".

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiteNGale2
Here is a link to an article from last year www.wibw.com...

Mentions that he has "ties to a terrorist organization".

If he has been talking about doing this for so long perhaps the target of the ambush was a case of random opportunity, The deputy was working parking lot detail and was in a fairly isolated location.
edit on 17-8-2012 by tanda7 because: grammer

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Found another article. This one from the Southern Poverty Law Center which has more details about the organization these fellows might be a part of: Sovereign Citizens Movement.

www.splcenter.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NiteNGale2

I assumed from the way the police were explaining, or lack of explaining, that it was some kind of militia. Where is the evidence that they were "sovereign citizens?" By the way reading the splc version of what sovereign citizens are was a funny read.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I knew this was going to be strange when it was reported that it happened in the parking lot of the Valero Refinery. I mean that many people with AK-47's adjacent to a major security risk - ambushing officers? WTF!?

Now it turns out they were known to LEO in at least two states and the FBI....

Somehow I'm sensing this is another FBI honey pot/ terror plot that was supposed to be "foiled" but got out of control. As I suspect the Sikh shootings may have been as well.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KillerQueen

Somehow I'm sensing this is another FBI honey pot/ terror plot that was supposed to be "foiled" but got out of control. As I suspect the Sikh shootings may have been as well.

Seems the last two were by people on radar. Are they so many they cannot be kept track off or it just doesn't work.

As almost always, we will probably never know.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
police in the US have been making this a reality for some time now. You cant push harder when people are increasingly on edge. I have been saying this for a while and I am not that smart. They should see it.

I hope the bad apples see what they are doing and take a step back and understand what that means for them and future peace officers.

I made a thread about this sort of thing no to long ago after having one out with a LEO that seemed to think I was insane.....

well, he will be proven wrong, though I wish I was. These incidents are on the rise, on par with police tactic changes and incidents of suspicious behavior.

the heavy hand has consequences. These are some. Our own people are feeling so threatened that they see the only way out of this increasingly bad situation is to set an example and hope that the police see the line drawn in the sand.

Bad times for all.

edit on 17-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I wonder if these guys will get a paid vacation while their co-workers take two years to determine that they did nothing wrong. That's usually the way police involved killings are handled.

new topics

top topics

join