It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing myself here----long-time lurker turned poster.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Greetings, folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like the heading says-----long time lurker that decided to go all the way and make the plunge.

Actually wanted to post a thread I desperately want ATS to look at, but I understand that I have to reply to other posts before doing that.

Not looking to post here all the time because experience lurking here has taught me that sooner or later an argument will rise between posters. That includes me.............................

(Still excited to be here and exchange knowledge). LOL.

Briefly, I am a:

Catholic Melkite (Orthodox but in communion with Rome): currently looking at Reconstructionist Religions, though, particularly Kemetic Orthodoxy and Hellenismos.

Interested in wide range of subjects, particularly the Paranormal, the Unexplained, and Alternate Ancient History.

Politically conservative and basically adhering to the tenets of the Catholic Church, but willing to be open to alternative viewpoints----particularly Paganism. Pro-Life, Anti-Gay marriage, Culturally and Fiscally Conservative but willing to talk to other people and exchange viewpoints. May change outlook and thoughts on certain things if convinced enough. MY choice, though. Not expecting to convert anyone here and not expecting to BE "CONVERTED."

UserName derives from Paracelsus (whom I admire), the "Pontifex" from Robert Silverberg's Lord Valentine novel VALENTINE PONTIFEX.

Believe it or not, HAVE NOT READ the novel but I liked the "Pontifex" designation next to the name and therefore decided to use it next to Paracelsus. Think it sounds interesting, at the very least.

Looking forward to talking to you folks and putting forward the post I want to make------

Again, Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 15-8-2012 by ParacelsusPontifex because: Correcting spelling errors................

edit on 15-8-2012 by ParacelsusPontifex because: More spelling errors and adding a word or two to expand points.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to the madhouse.

See you on the boards.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Hello and welcome to the madhouse.

See you on the boards.

See you there too, Chamber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ParacelsusPontifex

Welcome to the deep end of the pool. Glad you decided to take the plunge....

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Welcome to the deep end of the pool. Glad you decided to take the plunge....

Des

Hello there, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Welcome! Arguing is not inevitable if you practice diminishment of your own ego, easier said than done though. If you can accomplish that, the shrill strident arguers will find themselves raging in an empty room.

Peace and good luck.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Welcome! Arguing is not inevitable if you practice diminishment of your own ego, easier said than done though. If you can accomplish that, the shrill strident arguers will find themselves raging in an empty room.

Peace and good luck.

Peace and good luck to you, as well, PlanetXIsHere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
(Johnny rolls out the Welcome Wagon Buffet Cart, Cues the music to be played for the 25 Cent Tour)

Welcome ParacelsusPontifex

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

new topics

top topics

join