It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Virtual Tour of Mars! Interactive graphic that lets you rotate camera on Curiosity Rover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Now that Curiosity is stationed on Mars, stunning images of the red planet keep on coming - but nothing like this. A panoramic photo from Curiosity has been used to create an interactive image that allows a user to navigate around the planet's surface just as easily as you would with Google Earth.

It touched down about 5 miles from Mount Sharp where signatures of past water have been spotted at the base. Its ultimate goal is to scale the lower slopes in search of the chemical building blocks of life to determine whether the environment was favorable for microbial life. Scientists have been poring over pictures of the landing site snapped by Curiosity and spacecraft circling overhead.

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Be sure to check out the whole article- and that is where the interactive is. Very interesting stuff.

Anyway, Can you believe what you are seeing. When I was growing up I could only dream of what we all now take for granted.

We have a vehicle on Mars, the size of a car.... sending us the best footage and infomation yet. Amazing.

What a great step to documenting the universe... especially if we are the only beings able to space travel etc. The future is bright...!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Anyway, Can you believe what you are seeing. When I was growing up I could only dream of what we all now take for granted.

you know the thread below your is exposing nasa of yet again faking photographs.

i think ill leave dreams for sleeping

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Did you even look at the thing? Come on.

Go ahead. Debunk this stuff.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Thank you for the notice.

Alerted Mods.

Please check out this thread as it is better than this and any other topic today.

'She is my heart and I am her legs' Devoted dad runs triathlons carrying teen daughter w/ cerebral
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8/15/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join