It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed- The Capitalist Network that Runs the World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I think there are too many conflicting groups in power. There must be a constant power struggle behind the scenes for the top position.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Corporatism is capitalism. It is nothing but a group of capitalists organizing to purchase the means of production. It only becomes fascist once the governments start having direct control over the corporations.

I'm trying to connect dots here.. rickymouse said a few posts after yours that "the big businesses have little ties to an area they do not live in" (so they might leave any day). I rather not disagree with that as there probably are atleast few examples of such, but what I would find quite hard to grasp, is, the concept of "having direct control over the corporations" (e.g. the top level corporations, who own or have strong ties to smaller companies).

I mean.. it takes a long time to grow "a big company/corporation" and it is quite hard to control anything that could be described as been "massive" in size. It is even harder to align the operations of multiple big corporations to act in concert, if they are "separate species" -- which they are, if they were just recently added to portfolio of, let's say, Goldman Sachs Group Inc or Merrill Lynch & Co Inc. The article goes to mention that "Most company shares are held by fund managers who may or may not control what the companies they part-own actually do. The impact of this on the system's behaviour, he says, requires more analysis."

So, basically some "top level" person (or persons) could squeeze out some extra money from corporations and by doing that hurt some citizens somewhere, but having direct control over the corporations..? I'd say that it becomes much more complex concept, when one thinks about it with more thought.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
If there were really a Capitalist network that runs the world, the world would be free, prosperous, would have clean water and air, bountiful harvests, and generally happier and wealthier.

This article describes Corporatism, which is the road to fascism. Capitalism and Corporatism are similar like ants and elephants are similar. They're both animals, and they both have legs. The similarities end there.

/TOA

I'm sorry, but when I hear that Capitalism and corporations isn't the same thing I hear the propaganda apparatus at work. So I think, anyways. (And I don't think I'm alone.)
Could you show how greed is or isn't capitalism and greed is or isn't Corporatism?
Maybe start a new thread (if there isn't one already) explaining the difference?
Really think greed is WAY more destructive than good.

thanks

new topics

<< 1   >>

join