It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaskan Marijuana Now Legal...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Alaska has bounced in various directions concerning the state's marijuana laws, since 1975- when it became legal for adult Alaskan's to pocess small amounts in theis homes for personal use.

In 1990, voters criminalized all amounts of marijuana by ballot initiative. At this time, proponents wanted the drug to be legal for those 18 years and older. And, they also wanted the government to free some jailed inmates convicted of pocession and cultivation of the drug and to set up a commission to consider reparations for them. Voters did not approve of this, however.

Then, last year, the Alaska Court of Appeals reversed that vote, stating that privacy rights, that are guaranteed in the Alaska Constitution, cannot be removed by way of voters or legislators.

A few weeks ago the Alaska Supreme Court let that ruling stand, by way of refusing to review that case. The Court of Appeals then ruled that police cannot execute a search warrant in a person's residence, to search for small amounts, and set a limit of 4 ounces. So, at this time, a quarter pound is legal in your home.

And now, we have Ballot Measure 2, Initiative To Legalize Marijuana, on Nov. 2nd. This bill will remove civil and criminal penalties under state law for persons 21 or older who grow, use, sell or give away marijuana. State or local government could not require a permit or license for personal cultivation or distribution of marijuana, but could regulate same like alcohol or tobbaco.

This is significant, if the initiative passes, which many feel it will as it does away with all reparations (1990 ballot initiative) for convicted persons. If it passes, Alaska will become the only state where it will be legal to smoke, buy and sell marijuana. Other states would surely follow.

How would you vote on this issue? Will Alaska lead the way for other states? I am curious as to the direction this will lead,for this, and other states, if it passes. We shall see soon-

Links-
www.yeson2alaska.com
www.regulatemarijuanainalaska.org

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
A shout going out to all alaskan smokers!!

BIG UP !

To other people around the world... legalize it now!

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
yeh i ditto that remark, but then again if it doesnt encourage other countries to follow im not going there to have a puff of my fav green because its just too cold there. i may just use it in my humble abode, nice n warm here

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I don't mind the cold, so a holiday in Alska might be on the cards. Drugs tourism is coming to an alaskan town near you.

On the other hand it means entering the US of A and will require two full cavity searches, finger printing, photographs, DNA samples and retina scans.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Go Alaska!

With any luck this will help show how pointless the war on marijuana is.

Genesis 1:29
"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed"

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Its too bad im looking for A 3-4 bedroom in Florida, I would have maybe moved to Alaska. LOL, If nothing else, it will stop people from being locked-up for bull-crap.

If you can do it when you are not high, you can do it stoned. It is a fact. With practice you can do the same functions. Also, all people differ a little
some people it may take longer to learn the to motions, it CAN be done.

I have a link to this in my favorites, i have to see if I still have it. I also think it is on this site.

join