It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone in Collin County Texas want to join forces on a home garden?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I am getting ready to start prepping part of my backyard for next season to plant fruits/veggies and was hoping to find someone willing to invest some sweat equity for part of the yield. I am trying to slowly get me and my away from the stores by growing some of my own food at the house and i think the best way to get started is making my own garden so we can have fresh produce and can some for emergency.

I could do it all by myself but would rather network a little, have a helping hand and maybe make a new friend.

If you have some experience that would be good as well but not needed since I have a friend down the road that knows allot but is a litte how can I say....LAZY..lol

Inbox me if interested and then we can go from there.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I will take your ring to mordor.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tehdouglas
I will take your ring to mordor.

But they need you at home, at the shire teh! Those in Northfarthing and in the village of Hardbottle sure will miss you dearly. If you must go, please be back in time to vote for chief official of the Shire, for we can not take 7 more years of this!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

Collin County here - we've had a little backyard garden going the last couple years but have been having a hard time getting it to produce. Tomatoes haven't made either year at all, the green beans only gave us a few & the yield hasn't been pretty on anything but the onions, squash & zucchini - guess they like it hot and dry.

I was planning on redoing the garden & making it a bit more permanent this fall (wood boxes, etc...if I get the time) It's just an in-ground garden at the moment with chickenwire fencing on metal rods...pretty simple set up.

We've talked about getting into canning but haven't ever actually done it so I'm sure we'd have quite a bit to learn.

We're in North Collin - almost to Grayson...are you North or South Collin County?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

knowledgedesired

You might do this cover gardening if you can get the materials, I do and it is the best way of all.

backtoedenfilm.com... If you are on an older computer take the movie off HD and voice will be with the mouths. I hope you can. I do it with tree chop and grass catchings here.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

I finally understand why people get irritated with simple responses that derail threads....even if slightly funny.

I have the ring you seek in my front pocket far over to the left.... ok now to the right.

join