It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars photo with 3 orbs - or are they just birds flying in the distance? LOL

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

If you called it a UFO and said it was taken from the desert (on earth) it would be birds 110% birds everybody ...yes its birds case closed move alone.. just has to be

If you called it birds on Mars its a unanimous OH ITS DUST!!! we are 110% sure of it... yes definitely dust

Actually birds usually look quite different. And they don't show up in the same place in the frame in different images. Dust does though.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 8/16/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
The series of dots were seen in another thread, if you look they seem to be in quite a few of the individual images from the stitched panorama. They are also almost perfectly duped in the images and at the same level in each picture.

Dirt on the lens most likely..

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Great find...when i enlarged the pic I thought it was little dirt specs on my screen which makes me wonder if it was dirt specs on the camera.....or aliens!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by Bilk22

Was just viewing some of the raw images from Curiosity and came across this one which has 3 anomalies that appear as orbs over the mountain range on the horizon. Maybe they're just spots or dust on a $3billion dollar camera? You'll need to enlarge it to see what I'm referring to. Full resolution image Can anyone examine them with software to determine if these objects are on the lens? Are some type of processing anomaly? Sun spots? Dust? Lens flares? Birds? What ever?

First Id like to see another image taken with the exact same camera as they can be dust on the lens, my wife has to photo shop out specs like this all the time from her images.

Remember the Hubble? how they spent billions on it and had to fix the lens? Nasa is not above making very basic mistakes.

Aren't all the images in that series from the same camera? No "spots" on them. I'm going with birds or UFOs at this point.

I'm going with rock formations. Or chinese lanterns.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join