It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA creating Transhuman US Soldiers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by schuyler

While I appreciate the info I fail to see what difference any of this makes.

DARPA is making it happen with our tax dollars. I don’t care if they are farming it out….the projects are occurring. Genetic modification is apparently in the works at the direction of DARPA. Should I be less upset because private contractors are doing the work??

Just a point I though people might find interesting. I'm glad they are around. They do some great stuff. We wouldn't be chatting here if they hadn't spurred the Internet as a "military" technology. It's grown far beyond that, though, hasn't it? That's kind of the point. The technology filters through to the private sector. If they get limbs to regrow on the battlefield, why not for the general population?

I'm quite pleased that my tax dollars support DARPA, including the genetic modification.

We need to take control of our own evolution rather than leave it to the whims of Mother Nature to wait for an accidentally advantageous mutation that proves an advantage to survival.
edit on 8/13/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I wish I could agree with you and I hope my son grows up to someday see a world where people could be trusted in ethics and motivation for doing this kind of work. Today though and especially as it's Military focus for the work right from the outset, I think it's a horrible idea and probably will go in directions no one really wants. Even if it works, I don't think the majority of us like the idea of what this technology would accomplish in the military arena.

There is a lot mankind now wishes could be un-invented. I think this is a path another few of those things probably lay down. Lets look when ethics have caught up to technology.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I'm quite pleased that my tax dollars support DARPA, including the genetic modification.

You’re not worried about the people calling the shots and their intentions or motives? There is no “powers that be” or NWO agenda in play?

I’m a little more cynical I guess.

We need to take control of our own evolution rather than leave it to the whims of Mother Nature to wait for an accidentally advantageous mutation that proves an advantage to survival.

I take it you’re not a religious person?

Nothing wrong if you’re not but it would explain your quick acceptance of manipulating nature (specifically human genetics). You don’t worry about what happens to these extreme synthetic warriors coming home after the mission is over? Who knows the physical and psychological effects of this modification??

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

DARPA is the new "OSI"...."Gentlemen, we can rebuild him....better, faster, stronger." Except the "6 Million Dollar Man" is now the 2 Billion Man with monetary inflation and technological advances.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I take it you’re not a religious person?

Nothing wrong if you’re not but it would explain your quick acceptance of manipulating nature (specifically human genetics). You don’t worry about what happens to these extreme synthetic warriors coming home after the mission is over? Who knows the physical and psychological effects of this modification??

We have been manipulating nature for millenia: agriculture,horticulture, selective breeding, beer, bread etc.

However, while I am not religious, I do have concerns about this sort of manipulation,for much the same reasons you have raised.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You’re not worried about the people calling the shots and their intentions or motives? There is no “powers that be” or NWO agenda in play?

No. I think the research is pretty straightforward. A lot of what DARPA does is "let's see what sticks on the wall." They are very tolerant of failure. I see benefits from this kind of research for all of us. Of course, it will be trickle down. Steve Jobs can afford a new liver; I can't.

take it you’re not a religious person?

Umm, interesting question. Not in the conventional sense, no, but I do think there is more than here, if that means anything--not that I can prove it.

In terms of living with modified soldiers, I live next door to an ex-SEAL. He's a great father and a nice guy. plus he can teach me about everything from weapons to advanced first aid. I like having him around and when we talk SHTF scenarios, he knows what he's talking about.

From an evolutionary standpoint I think we're at a stage where we have to take charge of ourselves. Evolution works on random mutations, and it's just as easy to randomly mutate into something bad, indeed, probably MORE likely through the engine of nature than through direct genetic manipulation. Evolution depends on death to advance.

If we were really worried about genetic manipulation, we are already way beyond that line in the sand. I know it was good intentions, but we've wiped out many plagues: From polio to yellow fever to TB, we have interfered in Nature's method to cull the population of weak links by developing vaccines and curing chronic illnesses. We've done such a good job that we now have 7 billion people.

I'm not saying that what we did is all bad. Indeed, neither I nor my wife likely would have survived childhood without modern medicine, but in terms of "manipulation," that train left the station a hundred years ago.

Note: I appreciate the civil tone in this discussion. It would be all too easy to go the other way.
edit on 8/13/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The article linked to in the original post it heavy on conjecture, speculation and even a sci-fi book plug-in, and way too light on tangible facts or evidence.

Derp.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm down with this. Anything that gives our men and women in the armed forces an edge above everyone else is okay with me. Sure like the Atomic bomb, Stealth technology and so on, it won't last forever and other countries(friendly, neutral & hostile) will acquire it but that would be in the future and we'd have better tech than there's.

If this does come to fruition I don't think that every joe schmo in the armed forces should get it. It should first go to special operations forces than infantry/armor/artillery...etc basically all front line or near front line combat MOS's. Imagine pilots with better coordination and improved intelligence and visual acuity, or medics with faster medical techniques and more knowledge of battlefield medicine.

Both Mechanical/Nano and biological augmentations would naturally play supporting roles and complement each other. But would a modern day equiviant to a "Space Marine" be too much power for one person to handle?

url=http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Creation_of_a_Space_Marine#.UCnCQrd5nTo]Space marines[/url]

edit on 13-8-2012 by johnthejedi24 because[: Link

edit on 13-8-2012 by johnthejedi24 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2012 by johnthejedi24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
There seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding.

These are not programs aimed at genetic engineering. Genetic engineering is far, far too immature at any level to allow for retroactive genetic therapy. Genetic engineering only applies to human zygotes. The human body, once developed, becomes far too varied and complex for us to currently apply gene therapy to.

What the discussion is about is how to trigger existing genetic code to produce more proteins (and enzymes) than it normally would. Fat burning enzymes are only part of the survival picture. The body also begins to break down the protein in muscles to use for energy because it cannot produce enough fat burning enzymes to supply the body's high caloric needs.

Of course - a skinny guy like me with such treatment and a few days without food in a combat environment - and I'd probably suffer damage to my internal organs because of the dangerously little fat between them by the end of a few days. So I have my doubts as to the wisdom of such treatments.

Personally, I think the solution to their problems is better logistic priorities and a complete reworking of their command policies. My experience is that the army, more than any other branch, treats its lower to mid enlisted like dirt. Marines, by contrast, are strict - but once you are in the community - you're a life-long member who has earned some respect and expectations for you to assume leadership and authority roles. The army could pump its soldiers up with exoskeletons and fat-burn juice all it wants... the Marines would still # their whole world up without it.

While there are instances where such 'goodies' would be necessary or welcome (the exoskeletons have the more obvious value) - I find it somewhat troubling that the thought process, at least as conveyed by a civilian interpreter, is to be able to have soldiers that can fight for days without food. That's nice if I'm trapped behind enemy lines and I'm trying to fight my way to food.... but there's going to be some blue-on-blue if I'm told "yeah, we're not feeding you guys for a while because you don't really need it because of this can of stuff guaranteed to trim the fat right off of you."

No. That's not a valid answer. I will die without food; thus, it is pretty critical on my list of priorities that you have a plan for feeding me in your war. If you don't, you represent an immediate threat to my continued existence.

And that's what I see being done with stuff like this: "So, we pushed through and took the objective, but our flanks are fighting off a classic pincer and, by the way, it's been two days... when do we eat?"

"We're working on it. Here, use this instead."

My experience with command planning does not instill me with much confidence that they will use anything in a responsible or sensible manner. Since this stuff gives them grounds to postpone the "where we get food" train of thought - I can see a number of instances arise where they send people in without ever considering the dietary consequences.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

The U.S. Military Black Programs that involve Genetic Engineering are not so young in their progress or achievement. They were concentrating mostly on making certain aspects of Skin Cells as well as Nerve Cells capable of not rejecting various forms of implants for direct Neural Interface.

Thus a Pilot could be Hard Wired directly to his Aircraft as well as receive and respond at a vastly quicker rate that the Human Sensory System could process data. This basically was an attempt to be able to JACK IN to the Human Brain as well as Nervous System.

Now this kind of Genetic Engineering could have huge potential especially in the use of Bionic Replacement Limbs of which we have had the Tech. for some time now but to be able for a person to have a replacement limb that they can Touch and Feel with as well as direct with their Mind and have Reflex as it would be connected to the Nervous system...could do alot of good.

There is also the Holy Grail of direct information download into a persons memory but this could also have many abuses associated with it...but it is just a matter of time...and not that long of a period of time before we can do this...if we are not there already. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

The U.S. Military Black Programs that involve Genetic Engineering are not so young in their progress or achievement. They were concentrating mostly on making certain aspects of Skin Cells as well as Nerve Cells capable of not rejecting various forms of implants for direct Neural Interface.

Most DARPA projects are paper projects that live in a sort of fantasy world.

Offer to pay me for the amount of time it would take, but I can pretty much guarantee you that I can verify that nearly half (or more) of all DARPA-funded projects have been demonstrated to be exceedingly implausible where not downright demonstrated impossible (at least in the methods explored by the project).

Including this very example.

Thus a Pilot could be Hard Wired directly to his Aircraft as well as receive and respond at a vastly quicker rate that the Human Sensory System could process data. This basically was an attempt to be able to JACK IN to the Human Brain as well as Nervous System.

And nothing ever came of this project. The simple answer for it is that any advantages conferred would largely be negated by the fact that improved reaction times and interface ability would allow the aircraft to perform even more maneuvers that would put the pilot in danger of blacking out.

The more complex answer is that each human mind is quite individual in its information processing. Sure - there are similarities - but everyone is different. It would take years for a pilot to train with such devices until they would be considered proficient. It would, literally, be a process similar to a baby learning motor skills with a new appendage of some kind. Then you have the fact that all attempts at such interfaces have been subject to a very high degree of error.

With the trend being away from fleets of manned aircraft to unmanned aircraft - and the lag that is introduced in such scenarios - stacked against the temperamental nature of direct brain interfaces... there's not really any need to seriously pursue such development at this time.

Which is likely what the exploratory committee hired by DARPA to look into such a project found.

Now this kind of Genetic Engineering could have huge potential especially in the use of Bionic Replacement Limbs of which we have had the Tech. for some time now but to be able for a person to have a replacement limb that they can Touch and Feel with as well as direct with their Mind and have Reflex as it would be connected to the Nervous system...could do alot of good.

This is a concept we have been dabbling in for a while well outside of DARPA channels. If you had the money and could pull together a team of doctors and researchers, you might be able to pull off a successful regrowth of a human limb along with nervous tissue. Reason we haven't done it yet (or, if we have - the reason it has not been published) is because governments tend to freak right the # out when new 'radical' medical procedures are developed involving humans. So, while we may have a few dots to connect; I don't think we have a solid procedure for doing this on any level.

There is also the Holy Grail of direct information download into a persons memory but this could also have many abuses associated with it...but it is just a matter of time...and not that long of a period of time before we can do this...if we are not there already. Split Infinity

Can't be done by nature of the human brain.

What can, however, be done is to store vast amounts of information for nonlocal recall. For example, your implant detects that you are polling your brain for information on, say, the history of England. It then accesses your external computer (smart phone conveniently located within wireless range in your pocket) and pulls its own local data as well as begins accessing the internet to get more data. When you come up blank in your mind - you then turn to your implant which can begin streaming some information in via more direct stimulation of your visual and auditory systems.

Of course - you'd have to train with the implant to recognize what it is trying to convey in its various forms (it doesn't have to trigger neurons in your eyes to make you see an elephant - only trigger the idea of an elephant) and also to allow it to recognize what you are trying to do.

Otherwise - it's all noise.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Our bodies do this naturally. I’m a little concerned about the gene manipulation part though. I remember getting 100 shots before deploying and I still have no idea what they put in me. I have a feeling this isn’t going to be an optional thing either. Besides, the long term side effects are unknown and could be deadly. Look at 'gulf war syndrome' and the effects of agent orange; they don’t care if it effects us negatively; we're disposable.

Have you experienced any physical problems since those injections?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The nazis did it as well back in time
Engineering a super human/race

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

Have you experienced any physical problems since those injections?

The last time it happened was almost 10 years ago. I did feel strange for a few days afterward and I had x-ray vision for about a year.

Seriously though....no, I had no effects. We all got a series of shots before deployment; it happened both times I deployed. I'm not claiming these shots were anything other than simple vaccinations for my own benefit....but....they very easily could have been and nobody would have questioned it at the time. My fear with these projects is that they have plenty of guinea pigs to experiment on who would unwittingly go along. 

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

64...You have made a few assumptions about my post as I will explain. The U.S. Military Black Programs that involve Human Genome Genetic Engineering are NOT DARPA PROGRAMS. DARPA is the U.S. Military's equivalent of Bugs Bunny pointing his finger BEHIND a Shotgun Toting Elmer Fudd and yelling....LOOK! LOOK!....BEHIND YOU! IT'S A GIANT DUCK! IT'S DUCK SEASON!!!!

DARPA is a U.S. Military Creation to run a SCREEN PLAY like in Football. REAL FOOTBALL....not that game where they kick a ball around for 90 minutes and watch as players cry like babies when they fall down or some ref is paid off because PENALTY TIME IS UNKNOWN TO ALL except the PAID OFF REF who can change the outcome of a game by simply allowing PHANTOM PENALTY TIME to be added to the clock and many a 1-0 game has gone into OVERTIME because 3 to 10 minutes of extra PENALTY TIME has been added to a clock that actually counts UP rather than DOWN!

Anyway's...DARPA is an almost PUBLIC PROGRAM and is designed to be a showpiece for supposed State of the Art American Tech. The REALITY is more like the REF'S PHANTOM TIME that only he or she keeps on their person on a Stop Watch in their Pocket. No One knows how much penalty time will be declared just as no one knows the TRUE State of the Art of Ultra-High Tech U.S. Military BLACK PROGRAMS.

These Programs have been running for DECADES and when I was talking about a Pilots ability to process information...I am aware that U.S. Aircraft are designed to keep a pilot ALIVE as they will not allow a pilot to fly maneuvers that would kill that pilot and are designed to maneuver as the computer dictates. What I was referring to is the ability of a pilot to take in Ultra-Advanced U.S. Aircraft ability to track multitudes of targets from long distances as well as with the help of AWACS and J-STARS be able to prioritize which enemy Aircraft to engage or fire on first. With a pilots ability to directly accept information into the Brain...the Pilot can very quickly assimilate such information as well as engage, fire upon, change course, reengage, fire upon...and so on at a Speed of the Aircraft that is faster than usual for the average U.S. Pilots...who are VERY GOOD...could be capable of doing without this interface.

As far as your disbelief that the Human Brain by it's construction or nature...cannot be jacket into...this is FALSE! Biomechanical Neural Connectivity has been accomplished on several levels of which I have seen for myself a Chimp jacked in and capable of moving a Robotic Arm to grab a Cookie on the other side of a Glass Booth and place the Cookie into the receiving bin where the Chimp could move a metal door...just like a VENDING MACHINE...and get the Cookie. It is notable that the Chimp would take GREAT CARE not to break the Cookie or have it crumble by the use of too much force of the Robotic Limb. And as far as DIRECT DOWNLOADS OF MEMORY to Human Brains Storage areas...they are VERY CLOSE if not already there in this form of Tech. This is a direct access to the Memory Sections of a persons Brain and circumvent Sensory Input Channel as this is an ability to both Download and Access Memory DATA. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

What I was referring to is the ability of a pilot to take in Ultra-Advanced U.S. Aircraft ability to track multitudes of targets from long distances as well as with the help of AWACS and J-STARS be able to prioritize which enemy Aircraft to engage or fire on first.

Human involvement is not necessary.

At the flip of a switch, AEGIS enabled ships will selectively engage contacts based on sigint. That's 80s tech and can easily be applied to aircraft systems.

Though if I were an Avionics Technician in a position of development and a little moxy - I'd be developing a whole combat network that doesn't just assign targets by individual platform but across the whole network of sensor data and munitions.

Either way - the point stands that even the simple 5 inch gun on a Ticonderoga or Arleigh Burke is completely automated and loads ammunition based on the target order (which can be assigned by people - but can also be completely automatic).

No One knows how much penalty time will be declared just as no one knows the TRUE State of the Art of Ultra-High Tech U.S. Military BLACK PROGRAMS.

This site makes it interesting to discuss the possibilities. The problem, however, is that people put a lot of their fantasies and insecurities into the mix.

Even though members of this site often put an Orwellian context to many of their ideas - the fact is that most people want -someone- to be in control. Not only is it inherent to our psychology to draw cause-effect solutions (indeed, it is inherent to all neurological processes - no neurological network can develop beyond noise unless cause-effect is inferred) - but it's also comforting to think that someone has control. If someone has control - then the possibility exists for that control to be swung in our favor (if we think it is currently not). Pure chaos is frightening.

Which is why many people presume we are far more advanced than we actually are.

My experience with classified programs and events is that they are often far below the expectations of those on this site. Still very cool - but most of the reason we keep things classified is not because they are ultra-advanced "decades ahead" technology - but because they are very capable solutions that took billions of dollars to develop the capability and we'd rather keep someone else from being able to imitate it so easily.

If it really was "super advanced" and we were the only ones capable of doing it - we wouldn't go to such lengths to keep it secret. That - and we prefer that people not know its full capabilities and limitations - lest someone be able to exploit those.

As far as your disbelief that the Human Brain by it's construction or nature...cannot be jacket into...this is FALSE! Biomechanical Neural Connectivity has been accomplished on several levels of which I have seen for myself a Chimp jacked in and capable of moving a Robotic Arm to grab a Cookie on the other side of a Glass Booth and place the Cookie into the receiving bin where the Chimp could move a metal door...just like a VENDING MACHINE...and get the Cookie.

Yes, I'm well aware of these.

The problem is that this required tailoring to that chimp. Months of work, alone, went into just getting the arm to move - much less cohesively.

Motorneurons are also quite easy to manipulate. The chimp started by moving a joystick that moved the arm. Data was collected from the neurons implanted in the brain and processed. The brain doesn't actually tell which muscles to operate - it compresses this information into a sort of short-hand that is later interpreted by the peripheral nervous system (which is why we have to concentrate really hard on new motor activities or to work individual muscles apart from how we normally use them). Computer software began to 'break' this code -for that individual chimp- and eventually replaced the joystick by interpreting the intention to move the joystick.

After a while, the chimp realized it could move the robotic arm without having to move the joystick.

And as far as DIRECT DOWNLOADS OF MEMORY to Human Brains Storage areas...they are VERY CLOSE if not already there in this form of Tech.

LOL - yeah, no.

You cannot direct download into the brain. For starters - the brain doesn't store information like a normal computer. We don't even really understand the "format" the brain uses to store information - and there is growing evidence that it does so in a form of quantum superstates (or key parts of it revolve around the superstate phenomena).

We can conceivably and demonstrably tap into perception - key regions of the brain where biology and physics mandate there be a common denominator or neurological constant. But after that - the nature of neuronetworks means that each individual is highly unique and subject to change.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Aim Can you link to the growing evidence that the brain uses quantum superstates to store information?

I've theorized that this was the case for years, although I had no evidence to back it up, so I'd love to see some of the evidence regarding this.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

Aim Can you link to the growing evidence that the brain uses quantum superstates to store information?

Some of the most recent I ran across was in a book I read and was a brief mention of a number of researchers taking interest in searching for quantum mechanical phenomena in biology. The theory I excerpt below sounds very similar to what was being talked about in the book.

Though Google has conveniently led me to a 2009 Discover Magazine article:

discovermagazine.com...

The article mainly focuses on the work of Graham Flemming and his team's collection of evidence that photosynthesis utilizes a simple "random walk" 'quantum computation' to resolve the most efficient path for energy transfer; but there is mention (oddly enough in the picture) of other theories and works that I'll try to find as well.

www.nature.com...

This is a 2011 Nature article that presents an overview of the emerging concept of "quantum biology" - various experiments and theories that exist regarding quantum mechanical phenomena in biology and why it's taken us this long to realize it.

Photosynthesis is not the only example of quantum effects in nature. For instance, researchers have known for several years that in some enzyme-catalysed reactions6, protons move from one molecule to another by the quantum-mechanical phenomenon of tunnelling, in which a particle passes through an energy barrier rather than having to muster the energy to climb over it. And a controversial theory of olfaction claims that smell comes from the biochemical sensing of molecular vibrations — a process that involves electron tunnelling between the molecule responsible for the odour and the receptor where it binds in the nose7.

If you want to read into the fringe a tad:

www.quantumconsciousness.org...

The opening makes you cringe a little, but skip down to Section III and you're rewarded with some interesting theories (if controversial):

Microtubules and other cytoskeletal components are embedded in cytoplasm which exists in alternating phases of 1) "sol" (solution, liquid), and 2) "gel" (gelatinous, solid). Among the most primitive of biological activities, "sol­gel transformations" within neurons and other living cells are caused by assembly and disassembly of cytoskeletal actin (e.g. regulated by calcium ions through the protein calmodulin, in turn regulated by microtubules). Sol­gel transformations are essential in basic cellular activities such as ("amoeboid") movement, growth and synaptic formation, and neurotransmitter vesicle release (Miyamoto et al., 1995; Muallem et al., 1995). Transitions can occur rapidly (e.g. 40 sol­gel cycles per second), and some actin gels can be quite solid, and withstand deformation without transmitted response (Wacchstock et al., 1994). Cyclical encasement of microtubules by actin gels may thus be an ideal quantum isolation mechanism (Figure 8). , A biphasic cycle of microtubule computing is thus suggested: 1) a "sol" liquid, communicative phase of classical computation, and 2) a "gel" solid state, isolated quantum computing phase.

The problem in understanding free will is that our actions seem neither totally deterministic nor random (probabilistic). What else is there in nature? As previously described, in OR (and Orch OR) the reduction outcomes are neither deterministic nor probabilistic, but "non-computable." The microtubule quantum superposition evolves linearly (analogous to a quantum computer) but is influenced at the instant of collapse by hidden non-local variables (? quantum-mathematical logic inherent in fundamental spacetime geometry). The possible outcomes are limited, or probabilities set ("orchestrated"), by neurobiological feedback (in particular microtubule associated proteins-MAPs, Figure 9). The precise outcomeour free will actionsare chosen by effects of the hidden logic on the quantum system poised at the edge of objective reduction.

Here similarities are sought between microtubules and technological proposals for quantum computation. A "potentially realizable" quantum computer has been described by Lloyd (1993) as ". . . arrays of weakly coupled quantum systems. Computation is effected by . . . . a sequence of electromagnetic pulses that induce transitions between locally defined quantum states. . . in a crystal lattice."

In the Orch OR model, the microtubule assembly corresponds to Lloyd's crystal lattice. Rather than trapped ions or nuclear spins, quantum superposition is proposed to occur at the level of conformational states of tubulins, and the role of pulsed transitions played by coherent Frhlich excitations.

And I push ATS limits on externals.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

I would like to congratulate you on your ability to discuss what I have posted as well as provide alternate possibilities for the true reality of what is and what is not as well as maybe's. It is good to have people such as yourself on this board. Now that I have said that....

I am well aware of how current U.S. Combat Aircraft are connected to multiple systems that arrange an ORDER OF ATTACK for pilots. What I am also aware of is that the U.S. Air Force is under an Order or Directive to have a 50% Robotic Attack Aircraft Capability as well as the USN. Carrier Aircraft Force by the year 2015 to 2016. This will entail the use of Drone Aircraft controlled at FIRST by HUMAN PILOTS either from the Carrier or from Langley and other Bases.

At first...Human Drone Pilots will be controlling their Aircraft much as they do from the Cockpit...just not IN the cockpit. The second level of advancement is in a state of much debate as we do right now have the capability to program Super Computers to network entire WINGS of Aircraft and allow these Computers SELF DETERMINATION as to Target and Acquisition. Taking the Human Element of Lethal Determination out of the loop is both SCARY as well as extremely COST EFFECTIVE.

Computer Simulations using 12 Advanced F/A Designated Stealth Craft against a Defensive Force of both New Installed Avionics and Target Acquisition F-15's in a 10 to 1 Ratio thus 12 Computer Controlled Robotic Drones vs. 120 Advanced Converted F-15's resulted in a 120 Shoot Down to O Shoot Down in favor of the Drones.
The same was done with F/A-22's at a 8 to 1 Ratio that being 80 F/A-22's vs 8 Drones resulting in a 80 Shoot Down to 0 Shoot Down in favor of the Drones.

Since we will not be building anymore F/A-22 Raptors past the now down sized number and Robotic Stealth Drone Aircraft Production will have it's first debut aboard the soon to be Commissioned...2015...new design and class designated USS. GERALD R. FORD CVN-78 which will replace Enterprise and the USS. JOHN F. KENNEDY CVN-79...2020...will replace Nimitz. Both New Carriers will utilize a EMALS or Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System instead of a Steam Catapult as well as many other changes including Stealth, High Power Output Duel or Triple Nuclear Reactors as the decision is being made now as whether the two New A1B Nuclear Reactors will generate enough power for the FEL's...FREE ELECTRON LASER...which will be installed on every U.S. Carrier as well as Aegis Cruiser. It is possible a Third A1B Reactor or another already designed with an even Higher Power Output may be installed.

The Simulations done many...many times by a network of Super Computers show without a doubt that a Less is More Reality Exists once Humans are taken out of the Decision Making as far as unparalleled Kill Ratio's as well as a MILITARY BUDGET MONETARY SAVINGS that is to itself UNPARALLELED.

This however is a concept that is inherently dangerous once Humans are taken out of the loop thus it is desirable for a solution that will allow these possible Massive Savings and still allow for such incredible KILL RATIO'S. THAT SOLUTION is DRONES being Human Controlled by Pilots who have their MINDS NETWORKED and Computer Simulations have taken the best Data Available for Drone Pilots of Robotic Craft that are controlled by a Group of 8 Pilots with Neural Connectivity to both all Target and Acquisition Systems as well as Connectivity with EACH OTHER. In THIS SIMULATION....HUMAN CONTROLLED via NEURAL INTERFACE allowed for a Kill Ratio of 8 to 2 against Computer Controlled and Computer Kill Decision DRONE AIRCRAFT....the Human Neural Interfaced Pilots enjoyed a 8 to 2 WIN in Kill Ratio.

This Ratio which was surprising in it's Many Times run Simulation has been attributed to Human Choice Unpredictability as well as what can only be attributed to PATIENCE as many times a Computer Controlled Drone would turn radically when DEEKED...this meaning to make a sudden move but not carry through as this tricked the Computer Controlled Drones.

As far as your statement that people seek control as a way to help them deal with a possible insecurity...I agree...but sometimes Reality is even much more Stranger than Fiction or in this case...much more in advancement.

As far as your statement that our Brain works much in a Quantum State...this is truer than you know. The Protons and Neutrons in the Atoms Nucleus that make up our Brains are comprised of Smaller Quantum Particles such as Quarks, Gluons, Leptons...etc. These Quantum Particles are in a state of Divergent Universal Flux thus in a Proton or Neutron there is a Minimum and Maximum number of Quarks...but they can exist at either the Highest or Lowest Numerical Quantities or anywhere numerically in between. They change in Number by BLINKING IN AND OUT OF OUR UNIVERSAL REALITY. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Been prepped for this since WWII...giving meth to troops...stories of Capt America a genetically engineered supersoldier...the Six Million Dollar Man....and of course The Universal Soldier... all frog boiling in the pot. Or tail wagging the dog...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join