It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greatest conspiracy ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Not been here to long but I enjoy the site.

What I am really struggling with is how many members seem to have fallen into the biggest trap mankind has created.

Religion. The biggest social conditioning experiment ever perpetrated. Nearly every other topic on this site has at least something that warrants a discussion.

Not now, not ever will I ever be convinced that religion benefits anyone. Why does it exist. To control. Nothing more, nothing less.

Do you really think an all encompassing entity monitors your behaviour and then rewards you for being good. THINK ABOUT IT. That's the same thing we all discuss on this site about our governments with growing concern and anguish.

Christianity and Islam believers together account for an estimated 3 billion people. I have read a few pieces that state over history around 2800 deities have been recorded. Either believe in them all or believe in none. What happens if you pick the wrong one.

No modern day religion is original. Everything believed in was at some point a different religion or tradition. Religion has evolved through the ages through human manipulation. So even if a god did exist (it doesn't so don't worry about the next bit) how can you be sure you're worshipping it in the manner it intended.

So opens up the argument, its done through gods will. Don't talk rot. That means all human actions are controlled through god's will. Why would you even be on this site if you believed that. The premise immediately invalidates all discussion on this website as its all down to GOD.

Its all about CONTROL. Why do you think christians celebrate christs birth on the 25 dec. It was decided by a panel of the top authorities in the christian faith to coincide with the pagan festival's that took place at that time of year to celebrate winter solstice, saturnalia etc. Does that sound like god or does it sound like an incredibly astute marketing trick to integrate an agenda.

Look at the structure of most religions. That alone should show you what their purpose is.

As for the texts. Well lets look at it from an ATS point of view. What would this site be like if we believed every thing that was posted without sources. The 2 main religious texts were supposedly written (rough figures as no one can be sure) 3500 for bible and 1400 for quran.

Think about that for a minute. Now take a "for instance" scenario. You take any modern objective text that describes a period in modern history. You limit the copies available (as would have occurred when these texts were first authored due to lack of printing facilities or the internet), you then start copying and translating this over a 1500 year period taking into account personal and governmental bias.

I guarantee what you are left with bears no relation to the original text. Even without deliberate manipulation they would change significantly. One changed word can alter a story.

Faith. Faith I encourage. Have faith that most people are kind, generous and loving. Have faith that you're government will see sense and do the right thing. Have faith that your hard work will help your family.

Have faith in what's tangible, what's there in front of you. Don't waste it on an idea that a long gone government (yes, government not church, do you really think that its coincidence that before our so called democracy the most powerful people were either monarchy or religious leaders) used to control the masses.

Some may be offended by this post. Well, be offended. People blindly believing in something that doesn't have a shred of credibility or any tangible proof offends me.

Rant over.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
You're right, religion is the biggest trap ever but all isn't for naught. These new ways are for convincing the feeble that god is non existent and cares not for us humans. The truth is his hand stretches to join every man who, in faith presents his hand in syncronicity,
In jesus' name amen

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
You're right, religion is the biggest trap ever but all isn't for naught. These new ways are for convincing the feeble that god is non existent and cares not for us humans. The truth is his hand stretches to join every man who, in faith presents his hand in syncronicity,
In jesus' name amen

A perfect example. An empty statement with no shred of proof forwarding your own agenda.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by murch

Originally posted by HamrHeed
In jesus' name amen

A perfect example. An empty statement with no shred of proof forwarding your own agenda.

Well you said as one of your proofs, that religion doesn't produce anything positive. I'm here to tesitify that you're wrong. My faith has been a compass to direct my acts of charity.,
I find alot of anti christians to just be in it for the political ride! They do NOTHING except suck the positive energy out of society.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

So your faith is essential to you being charitable. Or it dictates where you direct your charity. Can you not conceive of being charitable without religion.

Its quite easy. You believing in religion does not make you a better person. As for anti christian, you got that wrong. I am anti religion. They are pretty much all the same.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Op, hallelujah. i agree for the most part. Except for buddhism, which does a lot to make my life happier....with nothing to do with a deity. But does that even count? Amd even buddhism has been used to control people.

Only i control myself.

If god gave a rats ass about anything happening here he wouldnt allow the world to be the way it is. And if i die and find out he exists, i will tell him this to his face as he damns me to hell.

top topics

join