It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Sadr Loyalists Turning in Weapons and no one seems to care

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Actually this's the second time al-sadr anounces this. the first one failed because one of the conditions al-sadr mentioned is that the military doesn't enter the city. . and as usual they entered it saying they were being shot at.

This one is different though, because there was a condition of disarming them. in the same time the previous condition (not entering the city) was also mentioned. and knowing al-sadr and his dream of becoming president, i believe he will hand some of his useless weapons in exchange of money so he can be *prepared* for the elections. . . in other words "let me be the president or else! mind you that the condition of entering the city isn't acceptable by the military, because any insurgent might use it as a hideout.

P.S. This one was covered by Aljazeera with a statment from al-sadr him self and from his followers.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
You know this thread reminds me of my favorite quote from debate 2

Two days ago in the Oval Office, I met with the finance minister from Iraq. He came to see me. And he talked about how optimistic he was and the country was about heading toward elections. Think about it: They're going from tyranny to elections. He talked about the reconstruction efforts that are beginning to take hold. He talked about the fact that Iraqis love to be free. He said he was optimistic when he came here, then he turned on the TV and listened to the political rhetoric and all of a sudden he was pessimistic

I think that says it all. The finance minister who is iraqi and lives in iraq was optimistc untill he saw the coverage of the war on US TV.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
I think that says it all. The finance minister who is iraqi and lives in iraq was optimistc untill he saw the coverage of the war on US TV.

That finance minister sounds like an idiot. Does Alan Greenspan let tv make him feel happy or sad? God, I hope not!

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I think the point ws that the US coverage is so uniformly negative and the political attitudes torwards is so negative it made him lose faith.
If enough people come up to you and ask "whats wrong you don't look well" eventully you will begin to feel sick, not because you are but because they have made you think you are.
try it with a coworker if you don't beleve me. Have 5 people walk up to him in the mrning and ask that question, by lunch he will admit to feelng unwell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join